I Need Help About Tickets

Hello, I am from argentina, which is one of the 4 countries which doesn't need any kind of Visa to enter Thailand and which their people can enter and leave Thailand as many times as they wish...So my question is, if I have to go back to argentina, can I come back here buying only one way ticket? (the 2 times I went to cambodia for my visa exemption of 90 days, they never asked me to show it) The problem is that I don't know if the border with Cambodia is less strict as inmigration in the airport or they have the same rules. I wouldn't like to come here with a one way ticket and being stuck in the airport or in Malaysia cuz I don't have a ticket back.

If I do need to show my ''back'' ticket, is it possible to have any recommendation letter from the school where I will work to show when I get to the airport saying that I have permission to buy one ticket cuz I will change my visa in BKK? (The option of making my non-B-visa in my country is not possible for time and paperwork reasons).

Thank you very much for your help.

Leandro

the only problem might be with the airline (they do take risk, that if you are refused entry to thailand - they would take you back to the country you came from). So when buying ticket do talk to the airline representative and ask them to make a mark by your name for the airport check in staff.

Worse case if you want to be safe is to buy a throwaway ticket one way ticket anywhere outside Thailand, doesn't need to be back home. I had to do this once for a visa application so I bought a one way ticket from Hat Yai to Singapore.

The problem is that I don't know if the border with Cambodia is less strict as inmigration in the airport or they have the same rules. I wouldn't like to come here with a one way ticket and being stuck in the airport or in Malaysia cuz I don't have a ticket back.

Why would you be stuck in Malaysia. Is that where you intend to do your 90 day visa runs to?

It's not easy to answer your questions because not many of us would know too much about the way Thai Immigration treat special visitors from favoured countries such as Argentina.

There should be no problem for you to do a border run to Cambodia without a return air ticket if you go to Ban Laem. Right now they only insist upon the purchase of a 200 baht bus ticket.

There have been signs up at the airport saying that people must present return or onward tickets. They now insist upon a person showing this if they don't enter with a visa...once again, I'm not sure how they treat favoured tourists from Argentina. Maybe they just roll out the red carpet. :o

As LondonThai mentioned, you may have trouble with your airline getting on a flight without a return ticket.

May I ask you, what route do you take and which airline do you travel with from Argentina to Bangkok? I'm asking you this because I intend to travel to South America (Brazil) next year and there are many ways to get there. I'm looking for the best alternatives.

Hey! Thanks for the answers...My way from Argentina to Thailand is with Malaysia Airlines, they departure from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and then they make a stop at South Africa, then another country in africa which i cannot remember, then malaysia (plane change there) and finally BKK (around 28 hours trip). It was the cheapest and faster choice from argentina to here.

Sorry I was wrong about malaysia, In malaysia nobody even checked my tickets or anything, I just made the change of plane with the boarding pass. It was at BKK already when I had to go through inmigration...I think I didn't have to show any tickets as they just grabbed my passport and scan it and gave me the 90 days stamp. But I really want to make sure cuz I don't wanna have any kind of troubles.

Do you know about the recommendation from the school? is this possible?

Leandro

I'm asking you this because I intend to travel to South America (Brazil) next year and there are many ways to get there. I'm looking for the best alternatives.

TAM flies from Paris and London to Sao Paulo and Rio. excellent airline as far as business class is concerned (180º reclining seats). don't know about their economy though.