Sleeping Tablets

INTJ

about two weeks ago i looked for a specific sleeping pill for a friend at drugstores in bkk.

although they didnt have the one i was looking for, several drug stores said "but we have X and Y and..." and were more than ready to sell to me, no questions asked (as with all other medications).

Taking Xanax a drug designed for mental health to experience the side effect of wanting to sleep is very wrong in my book. If you are just looking to sleep, you may want to try something that does not mess with you head like an antihistamine if you are just looking to experience the side effect. There are two types, just get the cheaper one as the more expensive ones are non drowsy. (a bit of a false claim if you ask me)

Taking Xanax a drug designed for mental health to experience the side effect of wanting to sleep is very wrong in my book. If you are just looking to sleep, you may want to try something that does not mess with you head like an antihistamine if you are just looking to experience the side effect. There are two types, just get the cheaper one as the more expensive ones are non drowsy. (a bit of a false claim if you ask me)

Agreed.Please note that Xanax is not a sleeping tablet and is a very dangerous drug,it`s very addictive and is used for depression and needs to be taken over a longer period to get any benifit from it.Sleeping tablets should be avoided at all costs unless you suffer from a serious sleeping disorder.An 8-10 hrs flight is not that long if you have a good book and an ipod and usually the side affects of sleeping tablets will last alot longer than the flight.

Edited by ercorn

i take xanax when when i have some long haul or need a sleep. only thing im aware of i can get here -but thx for altrax phil.

i will vouch: it is very strong, start with .25 and one stiff drink or .5 and no drink

do not drive and do not be out in public two hours after the .5 kicks in esp if youre drinking, you may be a mess.

finally, i have noticed it may give me insomnia even after taking only .5 to eves in a row.

valium is really disgusting - id rather just go w/o sleeping.

If you can get it, I'd suggest Zopiclone 7.5 mg or depending on tolerence you can take the 3.75mg tablet. It is a widely used in the Psych services back in the UK, as it has little in the way of hangovere effects. It is also deemed not to be as addictive as some other medications, although long term use should be avoided as it looses it's efficacy.

Not sure if you can get it here over the counter, but it does appear that a lot of the chemists here will offer an anti-depressant as an alternative sleeping medication, which in my book is very, very wrong.

Atarax as already suggested and you can go up to 50mg, again this depends on your tolerance. Personally, when I have used it I need 50mg.

I would also like to stress that Xanax and all drugs in the Benzo family are addictive, and if you take them for longer then 2 - 3 weeks, you may well have problems when you try to stop taking them.

The withdrawal symptoms from an addiction to drugs like Xanax and Valium are unbelievably long and very nasty, it may well take 2 years of gradual tapering to finally stop, and even then the psycological symptoms can go on for years and years. It's so hard that many people can never stop once addicted.

I wouldn't wish Benzo withdrawal on my worst enemy.

I don't believe that somebody who takes Xanax during a long-haul flight from time to time gets addicted. I travel extensively and have to be completely fit and alert immediately after the flight from home and take half a tablet whenever I have a long trip (train or flight) - but never home-bound. Have not noted any addiction. They work perfectly for me: I am completely out half an hour after taking it and wake up 8 hrs later without any side effect. And yes, I get them here, but not over the counter. Used to take Valium many years back, but they made me a Zombie.

How about 2 tabs of Sibelium after take off ...Itz will not make you hangover after and itz safe to take long term ..

What is this? To be honest, I am not big into sleeping pill research. Xanax was given to me by my local pharmacist here after I told him I need something for long-term travel and Valium is crap. He gave me a good long look, said: I know you won't misuse them - and gave me Xanax. So this Sibelium, is this an over-the-counter drug? Gosh, we sound like junkies! :o

there is a very small chemist shop right opposite palm gardens hotel top of 2nd road he will sell most things to farangs he keeps the good stuff in his car , i ran out out diazpam and tamazipam didnt no what to do so i popped in there no problem sir 5 minite please i come back ,, job done but said next time see doctor ok,

but i would suggest that you go see a doctor not a quack

Edited by colino

How about 2 tabs of Sibelium after take off ...Itz will not make you hangover after and itz safe to take long term ..

What is this? To be honest, I am not big into sleeping pill research. Xanax was given to me by my local pharmacist here after I told him I need something for long-term travel and Valium is crap. He gave me a good long look, said: I know you won't misuse them - and gave me Xanax. So this Sibelium, is this an over-the-counter drug? Gosh, we sound like junkies! :o

Sibelium aka Flunarizine .

Prophylaxis of migraine,symptomatic treament of vestibular vertigo due to functional disorder of vestibular system.

Side affects include drowziness but this is not lasting affect. When you wake you should not feel lethargic.

It is often prescribed as a long term treatment for migraines and also insomnia.

But should not be taken by people with a history of Parkinsonism or Depression.

You should always consult with a profesional before taking any new drugs.

TigerLily

I don't believe that somebody who takes Xanax during a long-haul flight from time to time gets addicted. I travel extensively and have to be completely fit and alert immediately after the flight from home and take half a tablet whenever I have a long trip (train or flight) - but never home-bound. Have not noted any addiction. They work perfectly for me: I am completely out half an hour after taking it and wake up 8 hrs later without any side effect. And yes, I get them here, but not over the counter. Used to take Valium many years back, but they made me a Zombie.

I was certainly not suggesting that a one off use of a drug such as Zanax or a benzo to aid sleep will make you addicted. My main gripe, is the inapproprite PX'ng by pharmacists and doctors of medication.

I was certainly not suggesting that a one off use of a drug such as Zanax or a benzo to aid sleep will make you addicted. My main gripe, is the inapproprite PX'ng by pharmacists and doctors of medication.

Do you mean Rx ( Recipe ) ?

TigerLily

Edited by TigerLily

TigerLily

No, prescription, sorry too long working in the system.

I used to take Xanax when I flew 1 .5mg tablet each flight ,started flying more of corse started taking more tablets.After a while the side affects I was putting down to jet lag but it didn`t register to me that I could be addicted.Then I stopped flying for about 2 months the withdrawl I had coming down from Xanax was the most awful frightening experience I have ever had ,I thought I would die.

Edited by ercorn

TigerLily

No, prescription, sorry too long working in the system.

what is PX'ng stand for?

what is PX'ng stand for?

Prescription

Where does that come from.

Normally I only saw Rx used, which I think comes from recipe.

The symbol "Rx" meaning "prescription" is a transliteration of a symbol resembling a capital R with a cross on the diagonal (℞).

There are various theories about the origin of this symbol - some note its similarity to the Eye of Horus[citation needed], others to the ancient symbol for Jupiter[citation needed], both gods whose protection may have been sought in medical contexts. Alternatively, it may be intended as an abbreviation of the Latin "recipe"[citation needed], the imperative form of "recipere", "to take"[2], and it is quite possible that more than one of these factors influenced its form. Literally, "Recipe" means simply "Take...." and when a doctor writes a prescription beginning with "Rx", he or she is completing the command. This was probably originally directed at the pharmacist who needed to take a certain amount of each ingredient to compound the medicine, rather than at the patient who must "take" the medicine, in the sense of consuming it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_prescription

TigerLily