Do You Feel Guilty?

english_farang_lady

Just wondering about how long each poster (particularly the regular posters) tend to spend on Thai Visa and whether it is mostly reading, replying or posting new topics?

If you don't have a 'significant other' right now, do you feel guilty about the time you spend here, when that nagging little voice tells you that you really ought to be doing something else; something more productive or helpful? Do you neglect other 'work' duties in order to spend time here, particularly those who work from home?

And how long a day/week do you spend here? Does the other half know when you are on this site, or do you just keep quiet about it? If they do know, do they consider you are 'wasting time' or are they tolerant?

As for me, I tend to look at the Ladies Forum to read what other Ladies think about various matters. I also look in the Pattaya Forum, and at the Health Forum. I generally read to acquire information, and keep up with what is going on locally.

How about you?

EFL, you've met me, so you know I used to be fairly normal. Now, I am merely a shadow of my former self, rarely eating, bathing or sleeping, caught in the vortex of the emotional and intellectual wasteland of tv. The sad thing is I don't even feel guilty anymore, I just keep staring unfocused at the screen with bloodshot, lifeless eyes, tapping aimlessly on the keyboard.

The other half doesn't have a clue. She thinks I'm furiously working on email. Things will have to change that's for sure.

EFL, you've met me, so you know I used to be fairly normal. Now, I am merely a shadow of my former self, rarely eating, bathing or sleeping, caught in the vortex of the emotional and intellectual wasteland of tv. The sad thing is I don't even feel guilty anymore, I just keep staring unfocused at the screen with bloodshot, lifeless eyes, tapping aimlessly on the keyboard.

The other half doesn't have a clue. She thinks I'm furiously working on email. Things will have to change that's for sure.

Looking at the velocity of your posts, maybe a counselling session is called for. :o

Regards

/edit mad typist strikes again//

Edited by A_Traveller

Looking at the velocity of your posts, maybe a counselling session is called for. :o

Regards

/edit mad typist strikes again//

agreed.

n fact I reckon my other half prefers me to be on the internet, so then she can watch her dreadful Thai Soaps

My wife will be happy for me to be on here tonight. Reason being i bought her some dreadful soaps on VCD yesterday and she wants to watch them tonight. Doesnt happen very often here in Oz. :o

A short answear, no.

In fact I reckon my other half prefers me to be on the internet, so then she can watch her dreadful Thai Soaps :o

i agree with you ,thai soaps all day all night ,leaves me free from crap and gives me an escape back to the real world in the internet :D

Just wondering about how long each poster (particularly the regular posters) tend to spend on Thai Visa and whether it is mostly reading, replying or posting new topics?

If you don't have a 'significant other' right now, do you feel guilty about the time you spend here, when that nagging little voice tells you that you really ought to be doing something else; something more productive or helpful? Do you neglect other 'work' duties in order to spend time here, particularly those who work from home?

And how long a day/week do you spend here? Does the other half know when you are on this site, or do you just keep quiet about it? If they do know, do they consider you are 'wasting time' or are they tolerant?

As for me, I tend to look at the Ladies Forum to read what other Ladies think about various matters. I also look in the Pattaya Forum, and at the Health Forum. I generally read to acquire information, and keep up with what is going on locally.

How about you?

efl , mee way-lar yuut chai mai :o:D .

Sometimes Thai Visa is a distraction, but I am easily distracted. If there is a good discussion going on, my wife can begin to feel like a TV widow. But those times are becoming quite rare lately.

It’s good that we have that vote coming up, which will make for some interesting dialogue. All my Thai friends are voting no by the way.

Same (although fewer screens, just the television on the wall and two computer monitors on my desk... one computer for work and one for well... decidedly not work). Always multitasking as well here. What the heck is guilt?

:o

n fact I reckon my other half prefers me to be on the internet, so then she can watch her dreadful Thai Soaps

My wife will be happy for me to be on here tonight. Reason being i bought her some dreadful soaps on VCD yesterday and she wants to watch them tonight. Doesnt happen very often here in Oz. :D

Does she watch them ALL one after the other? Mine does. She borrows or buys series and i don't see her till she has gone through the lot :o

My wife will be happy for me to be on here tonight. Reason being i bought her some dreadful soaps on VCD yesterday and she wants to watch them tonight. Doesnt happen very often here in Oz. :D

Does she watch them ALL one after the other? Mine does. She borrows or buys series and i don't see her till she has gone through the lot :o

Same thing I did with those damm Sopranos. 6 years worth. Nobody saw me for two weeks.

Same thing I did with those damm Sopranos. 6 years worth. Nobody saw me for two weeks.

Yeah, but what a dissapointing ending, did Tony get whacked or didn't he?

Nobody knows!!!

I have the whole series for start to finish, I downloaded the final parts from the internet, great series, dissapointing end, but 9.9 / 10 for the Sopranos.

Edited by Creeper

My wife doesn't watch television, she thinks Thai TV is crap (she's Thai by the way), she doesn't think much of western TV either. So if she isn't busy, cooking, editing video, or solving the worlds problems on the phone, I have to be careful not to spend too much time with tv. If I do she will sit on my lap and block the screen until I spend time with her. :o

A short answear, no.

In fact I reckon my other half prefers me to be on the internet, so then she can watch her dreadful Thai Soaps :o

i agree with you ,thai soaps all day all night ,leaves me free from crap and gives me an escape back to the real world in the internet :D

'She' gets out of bed and puts on the tv first (usually) then has a shower etc. If friends come to visit, they all watch tv while they talk. Mamma comes, watches tv. Evening is the same and as the tv is in the main room I am slowly learning to switch off - more than can be said for the tv LOL

What really gets me though is going to bed with her asleep in bed and the 2nd tv still blasting away in the bedroom!!

So I do not feel in the least bit guilty sitting at the computer, or sitting outside in my Farang chair, having a smoke and watching the fish swim lazily about in their pool. Nor do I feel guilty at all on insisting on my own space now as I go to the pub on a Friday :D

I am another multi monitor/tasker so don't feel guilty.

I am working the same time and will check out TV if I need a break in concentration . Also don't watch hardly any television (about half an hour every couple of days).

Actually a lot of times it has saved me time. Got a tel number quickly, how to do such and such, website link for useful info etc. So reckon the time almost balances out.

Not guilty. I spend much more time on ThaiVisa than anywhere else. Hey, I've been told more than once, that I'm retired!

Boyfriend watches some soap operas, but he and his sisters buy lots of terribly violent DVD's. He went to sleep on his night off and I had to hear one extra hour of kung <deleted> fighting, mostly by women.

Some of these people undeniably spend a lot of time here, but usually they don't keep on doing that for so long. Members who post very much, they come and they go. For one reason or another sooner or later they shift their attention to their life offline.

Edited by keestha