Downloading

Creeper

I was wondering if fellow members here can give some recommendations for TV series / Movies etc that are available P2P...

I have lots of recommendations, but fear that Thai Visa does not allow people to talk about that on the computer and tech forum.

I will give you 2 before they close the thread.

HBO, The Corner.

BBC, Life on Mars.

C'mon lads, more recommendations please.

Guest Reimar
I was wondering if fellow members here can give some recommendations for TV series / Movies etc that are available P2P...

I have lots of recommendations, but fear that Thai Visa does not allow people to talk about that on the computer and tech forum.

HBO, The Corner.

BBC, Life on Mars.

As long as you keep the Forum Rules in mind and don't discuss prirated materials or file sharing, which means that you keep all illegal infos out it shouldn't be a problem! But better to check with the Admin to first!

No discussion on how to download illegal stuff, afaik.

But we can PM each other with recommendations, I'm all for this.

'

I have ' The Corner' and Life on Mars' already. Try:

BBC. The State Within.

BBC. Neverwhere.

BBC Scotland. Takin' over the asylum.

Very popular on Koh Tao amongst the residents:

Lost

CSI (Vegas / New York / Miami)

Prison Break (season 3 starts next month)

Nip Tuck

Discussing series is not illegal. Explaining where to download might be illegal, but not as illegal as selling Thai DVDs with crap quality.......... :o

Edited by Prasert

Discussing series is not illegal. Explaining where to download might be illegal, but not as illegal as selling Thai DVDs with crap quality.......... :o

And keeping with the spirit of the rules as well as the letter of the rules will ensure threads like these remain :D

Going back to nearly the start of Internet there was a thing called Usenet. Users used it to share files and discuss hundreds of thousands of topics in things called Newsgroups.

This is still going strong today. To look at the sort of things available on usenet I am going to give (If it's allowed) a link to a usenet listing site. Please note: This site does not store any files and you cannot download anything from it, it just lists things that are available. The site is http://v3.newzbin.com/

Most places in the world (Not Thailand) the ISP gives you free access to Usenet as well as Internet. But in Thailand to access usenet you will need a seperate subscription account. There are hundreds of company's you can go to. My favourite is Giganews but there are many more, some a lot cheaper and some that are free.

Hope this post is OK, just trying to help other members and stay within the rules.

Chris

Maybe it's time to cool off a little about these 'illegal' activities. Sharing is the key term nowadays ...

- Look at the amount of copies of DVD, software on the streets of Bangkok and other major cities in Thailand

- Hundreds of sharing sites like rapidshare.com etc.

- Even more blogs and sites who link to shared stuff

You can close your eyes but it's here ....

Regardless, keep this discussion within the bounds of the rules and it will be fine. Push it and it will be closed and posters warned. :o

Discussing TV series is fine.

On that note, there is a good TV show, at least one I enjoy when here in the US, called Boston Legal with James Spader and William Shatner. Funny and germane and William Shatner does a brilliant job playing a lawyer whose brilliance is fading into bumbling ineptitude.

Regardless, keep this discussion within the bounds of the rules and it will be fine. Push it and it will be closed and posters warned. :o

On that note, there is a good TV show, at least one I enjoy when here in the US, called Boston Legal with James Spader and William Shatner. Funny and germane and William Shatner does a brilliant job playing a lawyer whose brilliance is fading into bumbling ineptitude.

It's mad cow!

Agree - a very funny program with strong current issues content.

It's mad cow!

Agree - a very funny program with strong current issues content.

When I'm home I try to watch it. It's one of the better David Kelley products. Agree, it's a perfect niche for Capt Kirk's quirky schtick, and Spader does some great articulate summations/diatribes in it. Doesn't hurt that it's generally my politics and my hometown, too.

No discussion on how to download illegal stuff, afaik.

But we can PM each other with recommendations, I'm all for this.

'

I have ' The Corner' and Life on Mars' already. Try:

BBC. The State Within.

BBC. Neverwhere.

BBC Scotland. Takin' over the asylum.

Judging by your avatar, Maigo6, I'd say you were also a fan of the Canadian production, Trailer Park Boys. As you probably know, your avatar shows, Mike Smith, who plays "Bubbles" in that series. I don't think this show is everybody's cup of tea, but I like it and recommend it to those who like stuff that's a little "off the wall".

Edited by pattyboy

Judging by your avatar, Maigo6, I'd say you were also a fan of the Canadian production, Trailer Park Boys. As you probably know, your avatar shows, Mike Smith, who plays "Bubbles" in that series. I don't think this show is everybody's cup of tea, but I like it and recommend it to those who like stuff that's a little "off the wall".

Trailer Park Boys is also excellent, I have all 7 series. Jim Lahey, Randy, Julian, Ricky, Bubbles......great characters , great series. The comedy is nothing like American humour, much more like Brit or Aussie.

I know it's Canadian, I just never knew they had such a great sense of humour, American humour never makes me laugh, Trailer Park Boys does make me laugh.

I liked Sopranos too.

The Singing Detective is also a classic.

The Young Ones also Classic.

Try, "Takin' over the asylum", it's a Scottish production, excellent.

Trailer Park Boys is also excellent, I have all 7 series. Jim Lahey, Randy, Julian, Ricky, Bubbles......great characters , great series. The comedy is nothing like American humour, much more like Brit or Aussie.

I know it's Canadian, I just never knew they had such a great sense of humour, American humour never makes me laugh, Trailer Park Boys does make me laugh.

I liked Sopranos too.

The Singing Detective is also a classic.

The Young Ones also Classic.

Try, "Takin' over the asylum", it's a Scottish production, excellent.

Sure, Canadians have good senses of humour. If you like The Trailer Park Boys, other funny Canadian TV shows (in my opinion) include: Red Green Show, which takes a poke at the rustic nature of Canada (and the multiple ways duct tape can be used), Tom Green Show, which is beyond being "off the wall", and the old classic, SCTV (Second City TV), based on the strange characters and events surrounding a low-budget TV network.

By the way, thanks for pointing out that series 7 of Trailer Park Boys is available. I have the first 6 but haven't watched Bubbles and the boys for a while, so they sort of slipped my mind.

Edited by pattyboy

By the way, thanks for pointing out that series 7 of Trailer Park Boys is available. I have the first 6 but haven't watched Bubbles and the boys for a while, so they sort of slipped my mind.

Series 7 looks like it's the last of The Trailer Park Boys. :o

HBO, The Corner.

BBC, Life on Mars.

I highly recommend HBOs The Wire series 1,2 and 3. Series 4 is also good but not as compelling as series 1-3. Based on an undercover unit working in Baltimore who are trying to follow the money trails whilst investing drug related gang murders.......... The Corner seems to be a spin off from this amazing series

JAF

HBO, The Corner.

BBC, Life on Mars.

I highly recommend HBOs The Wire series 1,2 and 3. Series 4 is also good but not as compelling as series 1-3. Based on an undercover unit working in Baltimore who are trying to follow the money trails whilst investing drug related gang murders.......... The Corner seems to be a spin off from this amazing series

JAF

The Wire is one of the best series I've ever seen. Bit of a cult following back home (US). Friend brought season 1-3 CD's back from a trip home. I watched season 1 (13 episodes) in one weekend, I just had to see what would happen next, not because it's some cliffhanger style storytelling, it's just the compelling characters and the group dynamics and struggles in their institutionalized environments, and I mean the cops and the gansters both!

Season 2 and 3 were both good, but I didn't get the same addiction, maybe just got used to it. Looking forward to getting 4 when I can.

Agree, I think that The Wire is the best dramatic series on U.S. television currently. To date there are 50 episodes spanning four seasons. It has been renewed for a fifth and final season; not sure when it starts up again exactly.

I think Weeds is the best comedic series, slightly better than Entourage.

I also like Entourage, Dexter, The Tudors, House, Grey's Anatomy, The Shield, Heroes, Prison Break, Numb3rs. I also manage to view The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report, daily.

Edited by lomatopo

Nobody likes Battlestar Gallactica? ######.... I think its the best series out there. I like Entourage, Heroes etc... but Rome and Battlestar have me checking the malls weekly dying for the next season. Deadwood was pretty good too, excellent dialogue.

Damian

Loved The Wire as well, tho Series 4 fell off a bit with all the education stuff. Quite funny how many people who never wanted to visit Baltimore( murda-land), have now even less reason to go there :o

I am now embarking on Oz a 56 episode marathon about prison life.

This is made by the same people as Homicide Life on the Street. Have always been a sucker for legal/crime drama and my favorite film of all time is Papillon..especially enjoyable as I had read the Henri Charriere autobiography earlier.

Dont suppose anyone knows where I might download english subtitles for the HBO mini series The Corner. I normally can find subtitles easy but this ones a little harder to track down.

It will help my hip speaking wife to understand the "hood" speak which can be a little difficult to follow sometimes....... It was only after downloading subtitles for The Wire when I realised why she was calling me Hummy all the time.................she meant "homey"

Cheers

JAF

Nobody likes Battlestar Gallactica? ######.... I think its the best series out there.

My wife and I enjoyed watching that too. She did struggle with keeping up with the storyline though.

I have seen some of the series available on DVD here, but unfortunately without Thai subtitles.

Subtitles would help her comprehension immensely.

Dont suppose anyone knows where I might download english subtitles for the HBO mini series The Corner. I normally can find subtitles easy but this ones a little harder to track down.

Link is here for you

I watched 4 seasons of wire, and took me forever to work out da lingo, wish I had thought of using subtitles.

In USA they seem to have Closed Captioning which is presumably the same :o

Link is here for you

I watched 4 seasons of wire, and took me forever to work out da lingo, wish I had thought of using subtitles.

In USA they seem to have Closed Captioning which is presumably the same :o

Cheers for that, much appreciated link

My wife is delighted....... says khob khun ka "hummy" :D

JAF