Another Sucker Bites The Dust !

Darlek

THE SUN JULY 20TH 2004

CHRIS MAYNARD married the oriental girl of his dreams a month after meeting her on the internet. But in wasnt long before she left the 38 yr old from ashford in kent, after landing him with a string of debts.

Chris met 22yr old Sureerat Wachirarat on dating website friendfinder.com and was smitten when he saw her picture.

he says "ive always liked oriental ladies and she bowled me over"

within weeks Chris, who works in a baking factory, declared his love for the girl he knew online as 'sweet thai'.

chris says "we talked about me going over to see her in Thailand and she said i should call her brother-in-law first.

"he was british and living with Sureerats sister in poole in dorset.

"her brother in law told me she was a lovely girl and that i'd better get out to see her quickly as ther were other men interested. i proposed to her in an emailright away and she said yes."

In june last year, just one month after meeting her online, chris travelled to Bangkok to meet his fiancee in person and marry her - all within one week.

At first it was wedded bliss back in the uk. though she spoke only a little english,the pair communicated well and made love everyday.

but soon chris's new wife began making financial demands on him.

he says "we travelled back to thailand last year for the traditional wedding. i had to produce a £1500 dowry for her parents and remortgaged my house to pay for the trip, which cost £6000."

two months later she asked chris for £500 to send home to her father to pay for hospital treatment. then she said she had to find £1000 to contribute towards a new truck the family needed back home.

the marriage hit the rocks four months ago after sureerat tried to persuade him to move to thailand. she said she had to support her family. he refused and she moved out and is now living with her sister.

Devastated Chris says "my solicitor tells me i might have to pay yet more money in a divorce settlement.

"i never owed anyone a penny before, now ive got about £6000 to pay off. I want to warn british men to think twice about marrying a thai girl on the internet-they stand to lose a lot."

Tragic tale indeed and not uncommon, but there are just as many successful out comes.

Marriage in general in a risky and uncertain proposition. Love may be the catalyst that brings people together, but money issues will most likely be the lynch pin for success or failure.

So I've started a few new Marriage Programs ...

Package One: Cash and carry .... Just buy them a house up front and leave six months later.

Package Two: Lease ... after x amount of time both have to renew or all is void.

Package Three: Ironclad Prenup Agreement , the most prudent but a hard sell ...... I'm not giving you money, your not getting more money, you get nothing when we separate.

homer(underwear,w,sm).gif

My friend called from the Ukrane this week. He went over and married a girl he met on the internet. He spent 2 months with her in Thailand, then a couple of weeks in her country.

He said the only way you can get them in is to marry them. Makes me think how many fellas are kinda forced into marrage to get them home. Then see the true colours once the honeymoon period is over.

The Uk embassy and visa control, dont really protect its citizens by making it difficult to get the girl over, and marrage a possible fast solution.

The guy loses everytime it goes wrong.

Oh the flesh is weak.

A trip for two to Thailand from the UK costs 6,000 pounds? Wow.

I suppose the moral of the story is to resist the idea that throwing money at the wife will cause the marriage to continue for any length of time....

:o

Seems that many people may be heading toward the idea of a "marriage-lease" agreement. Renewable if both parties agree. Easily terminated if one party wishes.

kenk3z

Why the Big surprise?

This guy probably has a low paying Job, was basically unattractive thats why he was on a website looking for a female cos he can't get one at home, he meets a stunning Thai girl that he could never ever get nowhere near in the real world, he would have had no knowledge of Thailand or Thai people.................Don't blame the girl, she was the one that was hard done by, she should of got a farang that could look after her, not some loser that thinks 6000 Pounds is a lot of money.

Look, Mick Jagger don't get 21 year old Beautiful model Girlfriends cos he is the most attractive 60 year old guy on the Planet, he gets em, cos he can afford them, his wealth makes him attractive......................This English guy is one of lifes losers, don't try to keep something that you cannot look after.....

She done the right thing leaving him, maybe she will meet a man that can look after her now.

Why do people get a flea in the ass when this type of things involves Thailand? It must happen every day in th UK and the States and no one cares!!

How do you turn £1,000,000 into £250,000 quickly?

Ans: If you have that sort of money ...... Get divorced then remarry! Simple!!

The world is full of gold diggers and suckers!

A trip for two to Thailand from the UK costs 6,000 pounds? Wow.

Even if they flew business class, it ought to be more like 4k

Aeroflop Business Class. :D he should have stuck to the WODCA :o

YEP ,ANOTHER " FUNERAL "

They keep coming,the suckers

Ever heard the saying "There but for the grace of God go I"?

I have no idea of this mans circumstances but what I do know it's all very well for

"old Thai Hands " to take the urine out of him but if she has a settlement visa what's the betting she won't come back here?

I for one feel sorry for him as he did nothing wrong except believe in people. I stopped doing that a long time ago after some very bad and expensive experiences.

That does not alter the point he did nothing wrong, she to all intents and purposes was an opportunist with an eye to the main chance.

As I am a UK national I wish the authorities there would send her back here with a red stamp in her passport and knowing them you would have more chance of finding feathers on a frog for that to happen.

Personally i hope she finds another guy that has enough money to take care of her and her family. Good luck to her.

She should hit some wine bars in the city, not hang out with guys that work in baking factories, she may meet a man with some money. But no doubt the sister's husband will have friends who will look after her.

One thing Thai women have is the type of Looks that Western guys want and find so attractive, yet people seem surprised that they use that to an advantage to gain some security in what can be a tough life for many.

Like you would not do the same in their position.....yea right. I <deleted> well know that i would!

Yes MAERIM,maybe it was not nice to mention SUCKERS

In all those years,i know many of them ( personal )

You can not give those people a warning .But at the end ,.THEY are always the loosers .En a lot of this ( lady's ?? ) they don't give a damm shit

Yes MAERIM,maybe it was not nice to mention SUCKERS

In all those years,i know many of them ( personal )

You can not give those people a warning .But at the end ,.THEY are always the loosers .En a lot of this ( lady's ?? ) they don't give a damm shit

And you would if you was in the same position?

Get real.

Sure BC,I come from a big family ( 7 kids )

I noticed that big families have "big" discipline.

They have no choice.

So, you're probably in the same situation.

I do not really know how it feels.

When finally you're "out" of the system.

But I'm sure it is not that easy,...

Yeah, meeting on the internet isa big taboo, but i am one of those sinners. Chatted to my wife for three years before I came to the kingdom on numerous trips for two years and have been happily married for 18 months with a daughter. Not all internet meetings are car wrecks waiting to happen, fingers crossed. U only hear about the bad ones.

Anyways, back to this poor sucker, he was a sucker, but have to feel sorry for him. I know there is alot of bitching about farang embassys, and my bitch is a loud one. But I think there harshness can be justified when u see cases like this. Ironic she got to the UK when there are probably alot of geuine couples having visa problems. Married after one week, surely this would raise a red flag in any embassy???

Anyways, back to this poor sucker, he was a sucker, but have to feel sorry for him. I know there is alot of bitching about farang embassys, and my bitch is a loud one. But I think there harshness can be justified when u see cases like this. Ironic she got to the UK when there are probably alot of geuine couples having visa problems. Married after one week, surely this would raise a red flag in any embassy???

yes but they use "Reverse Thai logic " which means that guys married for years get blown out and one week marriages are waved thru with a silly grin on their mugs !

we dont know but brown envelopes may haved been passed under table .