Thai Wood House Thread

sbk is evidently of a literalist turn of mind. This thread was about beauty, whimsy and humour. Well, it matters not where it moved to, just glad I saw it.

The most delightful thread I have seen on tv since I joined. Bravo, joeuk1

sbk is a moderator tasked to keep the forum tidy :D

Nice to see a woman knows her place ...............

Cleaning up after us men :o

JB

These houses need a guard dog :o

Not yours I suppose. Look terrific.

Just buying the best bred Bull terrier pups i can find in uk /Ireland , i will ship 3 bitches and a dog to Thailand .I have always bred and shown a few dogs will keep me busy in isaan :D

post-48459-1187418182_thumb.jpg

post-48459-1187418206_thumb.jpg

post-48459-1187418221_thumb.jpg

I'd love to know how much it would cost to build one of these...

Any websites? I only know of this one.

www.bansongthai.com

Which doesn't seem to be working, so here's a catalogue.

RAZZ

Very hard to put a price on building Thai style house all depends on what and how big you build . We are buying old Thai style wood houses and then will take them down and use the wood to build our house . I will post thread for the build Nov time for when work starts .

It will be an experience :o

JB

Just buying the best bred Bull terrier pups i can find in uk /Ireland , i will ship 3 bitches and a dog to Thailand .I have always bred and shown a few dogs will keep me busy in isaan :D

PM me if in the future you have a pup available that even remotely resembles the brown and white picture. With that, yes back to the houses.

Very hard to put a price on building Thai style house all depends on what and how big you build . We are buying old Thai style wood houses and then will take them down and use the wood to build our house . I will post thread for the build Nov time for when work starts .

It will be an experience :o

JB

I imagine I won't be the only one to follow your build thread. Curious about the design you chose after such rich research.

It will be an experience :D

JB

I imagine I won't be the only one to follow your build thread. Curious about the design you chose after such rich research.

The dig out of the land will start November we will dig out a seven rai 2.5 metre deep lake and two one rai 2 metre deep ponds , starting at the far left of the land going right around both sides and back the property we will dig out another 5 metre wide 2 metre deep water feature . All the soil we take out will be used for a road into the property and landfill for the house . The house plans have been drawn up i have not seen them yet i designed the outlay myself i have a guy drawing up all the details . The design of the house is 4 bedrooms sitting room kitchen laundry room 20 metres wide 15 metres deep we will need a mountain of wood :o . A good friend on this forum just helped me source 30 big sows that this house will stand on it will be an experience building it .

If you look at the website www.baansammi.blogspot.com you will see in the section old rice barns people have used old rice barns and old Thai houses to build a new house .We have been buying old Thai houses for cheap money i got the idea from the above website all the wood from the old houses will be used for the building of the house and my kennels etc etc .

I will post up a thread when it all begins maybe people that build the same type of house will learn something from my mistakes :D .

Photos are of the land we bought and will be building the house in .

JB

post-48459-1187473937_thumb.jpg

post-48459-1187473959_thumb.jpg

Very hard to put a price on building Thai style house all depends on what and how big you build .

Part of the price is deforestation. Even if you recycle old wood just the fact that you have a beautiful wood house makes others want one too and the other people quite often just go cut down trees for their wood house.

Part of the price is deforestation.

Very hard to put a price on building Thai style house all depends on what and how big you build .

Part of the price is deforestation. Even if you recycle old wood just the fact that you have a beautiful wood house makes others want one too and the other people quite often just go cut down trees for their wood house.

Still don't know where to buy these houses and what the prices are.

Any working websides ?Somebody mentioned the city of Phrea,does that ring any bells ?

Still don't know where to buy these houses and what the prices are.

Any working websides ?Somebody mentioned the city of Phrea,does that ring any bells ?

I posted photos of my wood house during construction in the members gallery some time ago but can't find them now.

Cost me around 4 million for the basic build.

Edited by Colonel_Mustard

I have to agree with these comments. That's why I replant 10 trees for every one I cut. I leave previously cut (before my ownership) stumps to grow new trunks as well. Even if it is a little unsightly.

• 1 month later...

Here is a link to the wood bungalow (one bed), I am having built In Ubon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrislani/

I am back out there at the end of October and will post more up-to-date and better quality pictures then.

The plot is 72m x 22m x 50m x 11m x 22m x 11 in a 'P' shape, if that makes sense.

To-date it has cost £7k (inc land, walls, land drainage and the front access) could not remodel a kitchen in the UK for that kind of dosh.

To build the Bungalow my builder quoted a fixed price for labour at 70,000 Bht, (a tad over £1k) we buy all the materials.

We have been building through the rainy season so progress has been a bit slower than it would normally take and my better half has made a few changes.

[As a construction manager for a major construction company here in the UK I can spot a few things wrong, but nothing worth making an issue over, especially as the overall finish is of good quality. Though they need full time supervision to maintain the standards because they soon default to the Thai (easy) way.]

C

What about breeding Staffordshire Bull Terriers? I don't think there's many over here, they're small, short haired and suited to the climate. I've heard the English Bullies suffer terribly from mosquitoes