Thanks For The Party Thai Visa/my Phuket

LivinginKata

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my caption I mentioned 'free loader'. I coined this from My Phuket Editor-in-Chief Alasdair Forbes announcement over the PA.

Sounds like he just stated the obvious.....

:o:D

Yes I was greatly amused at being called a 'freeloader' - about as amused as the other people I spoke to at the time. But that was not as amusing as the walk up the hill and all those steps after being told (late in the original post) to arrive at 5.30pm (as opposed to the previous advice of 6.30pm - hence no songthaew) (... and since there had been no clarification nor apology as to the time issue, was this another TV 'joke'?)

So it was exceptionally amusing sitting around for an hour paying 130 baht for Tigers and then being told 'It's now 6.30pm and the bar is open downstairs for all you freeloaders'). A couple of jam jars of beer and my share of the ribs and then off down those stairs.

My suggestions for the future: Early announcements/introductions of those of the TV team who are present. No 'freebies' - where a cost is incurred, charge a reasonable amount to defray costs. Oh - and try not to insult your guests - not everyone is easily amused by arrogance.

So, Pat, funny? Hmm...

i think theres been enough mud slinging on this thread really. both parties had the best intentions.

good luck to My Phuket. i am sure your mag will be a great success.

now, lets move on to more positive things, shall we?