Cm Bbq Party At Tuskers

mallmagician

And on a lighter note, the After Party Party, and the After After Party Party were quite splendid, as well.....

I bailed out from the After After Party Party before it turned into a late afternoon bash.

Yawn, think I'll be sleeping well tonight- as I HAVEN'T BEEN TO SLEEP YET SINCE FRIDAY EVENING!

But you told me that you had been to bed several times - but apparently you couldn't sleep because you were up all night pounding the mattress - whatever that means :D

CB

(cough...sputter...) ermmm ah yes, something like that..... :o

bloody dustmites again McG? :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely great party!

A BIG thanks to George, Buckwheat, and all others for organizing it and making it such a success. :D The ribs were delicious, and WHERE is Woody's as I missed the kebab :o

Nienke

Woody's is on the outer moat ring. Going from Tuskers head down the road - go past Spicy's and it is almost where the Changers and Bangers Bar. It is next to the 7-11 and a video rental store.

It is worth the minor effort to find it, I missed out on a burger and apparently one of them had my name on it :D

Enjoy

CB

I missed out on Woody's freebie burgers as well as the Duke's pizzas - but I found Woody's on the way home and made up for it by ordering 2 - one on the spot and one to take home.

They are now number one on my list of CM burger places. Excellent stuff.

The total number of members in attendance was 122 and the total number of beers consumed was 974,318

LOL!!!!

And I agree, excellent party. It's the first time I had Beer Lao in 12 years or so and the first time outside of Laos, but this really IS nice stuff. I wasn't sure if back then it was nice because it was nice or that it was nice because it was like 15 baht for a big bottle. :o

And again it's interesting to see how different people can be from what you'd perceive from online relatively anonymous postings. :D

Yeah, a ###### here and still a###### in real life.

It was a blast Buckwheat & MiltonBently and everyone else (whose usernames I cannot remember at this time) :D . The food was excellent and there were more than enough beers to get everyone in a good mood. Of course Crow Boy is never in a good mood :o . The afterparties were good too, what I remember of them. I made it back to kunming... half alive. :D

Thanks.

Yok

It was a blast Buckwheat & MiltonBently and everyone else (whose usernames I cannot remember at this time) :D . The food was excellent and there were more than enough beers to get everyone in a good mood. Of course Crow Boy is never in a good mood :o . The afterparties were good too, what I remember of them. I made it back to kunming... half alive. :D

Thanks.

Yok

I was there also, and agree with the above EXCEPT for Crowboy comment, hes a good bloke and he and McGriffth did a fantastic job at the door on the night.

perhaps you better post your comments to the Chiang Mai thread where it has more relevance. :D

Thanks.

Yok

glad you enjoyed it i agrree great do welcome on board

Absolutely great party!

A BIG thanks to George, Buckwheat, and all others for organizing it and making it such a success. :D The ribs were delicious, and WHERE is Woody's as I missed the kebab :o

Nienke

Woody's is on the outer moat ring. Going from Tuskers head down the road - go past Spicy's and it is almost where the Changers and Bangers Bar. It is next to the 7-11 and a video rental store.

It is worth the minor effort to find it, I missed out on a burger and apparently one of them had my name on it :D

Enjoy

CB

I missed out on Woody's freebie burgers as well as the Duke's pizzas - but I found Woody's on the way home and made up for it by ordering 2 - one on the spot and one to take home.

They are now number one on my list of CM burger places. Excellent stuff.

Nice to see Woody's burgers getting the attention they deserve. :D

An awesome party, many thanks to Tuskers, ThaiVisa, organizers, caterers etc for a really great session!

also good to meet Buckwheat, MiltonBentley, Chas, Rachele, McGriff, Blinky Bill, Rice_King, Tokolosh and others whose names elude me..

kudos to this fantastic forum too :o (..and the kind lady who introduced me to BeerLao)

Edited by WoodyD

Thanks.

Yok

I was there also, and agree with the above EXCEPT for Crowboy comment, hes a good bloke and he and McGriffth did a fantastic job at the door on the night.

perhaps you better post your comments to the Chiang Mai thread where it has more relevance. :D

My guess is that he was being ironic about Crowboy who always seems like he is in a good mood to me.

Let's not forget that sometimes it is hard to say what one really means on an Internet forum and others misinterpret what we really mean.

It was a blast Buckwheat & MiltonBently and everyone else (whose usernames I cannot remember at this time) :bah: . The food was excellent and there were more than enough beers to get everyone in a good mood. Of course Crow Boy is never in a good mood :o . The afterparties were good too, what I remember of them. I made it back to kunming... half alive. :D

Thanks.

Yok

Is that you Vince, the air guitar legend/ teacher/ my next tour guide in Kunming. If so, you kept stealing Crowboy's beer, you don't want to be doing that.. :o:bah::D

Crowboys alright, sometimes.. :D :D ;)

And on a lighter note, the After Party Party, and the After After Party Party were quite splendid, as well.....

I bailed out from the After After Party Party before it turned into a late afternoon bash.

Yawn, think I'll be sleeping well tonight- as I HAVEN'T BEEN TO SLEEP YET SINCE FRIDAY EVENING!

But you told me that you had been to bed several times - but apparently you couldn't sleep because you were up all night pounding the mattress - whatever that means :D

CB

Dang bed bugs...couldn't find the DDT....out of Baygon....aaaarghh.... :D

post-23786-1187611743_thumb.jpg

McG

CB

Dang bed bugs...couldn't find the DDT....out of Baygon....aaaarghh.... :D

post-23786-1187611743_thumb.jpg

McG

You sure they weren't crabs McG ?? :D

post-31110-1187617322_thumb.jpg

The total number of members in attendance was 122 and the total number of beers consumed was 974,318

LOL!!!!

And I agree, excellent party. It's the first time I had Beer Lao in 12 years or so and the first time outside of Laos, but this really IS nice stuff. I wasn't sure if back then it was nice because it was nice or that it was nice because it was like 15 baht for a big bottle. :o

And again it's interesting to see how different people can be from what you'd perceive from online relatively anonymous postings. :D

Yeah, a ###### here and still a###### in real life.

Yeah, but different. :D

Sao Jiang Mai sends her sincere apologies for being unable to attend:

Please pass this on to moderators and the Tusker's folk:

I am so so sorry I confirmed then missed the party, I am sure it was brilliant fun. I woke up with a flu on Saturday and was simply not up for it. I do apologise. I really do, but I didn't have internet connection at home this weekend so simply couldn't email you.

If you wish, I would love to include your event's photographs in October's edition of Citylife (we have gone to press for September). So please feel free to send me some pictures and I will give you some promo.

Anyway, once again, all my apologies.

So please send any good photos to Citylife for inclusion in the October issue.

Thanks

P

Likewise, my apologies and regrets for having missed the entire thing. Where the F is Tusker's anyway? Oh I know, I finally made it all over town, had a burger at Mike's #2, got home and finally found the map. Oh, Soi 1! Heck, I didn't even know there was a soi! I'm usually directionally challenged for the first five years in a new metro area; two more years to go in Chiang Mai, then.

Glad to hear it was so successful. Can we do it again in September, and I'll find the venue next time? :D

Make that November... :D

23 or 24 Nov, might work. :o

What a <deleted>' great night. Haven't been this excited for a party in CM ever probably. Wore my best jeans. Things started off nice being greeted by the affable Crowy and McG. Once McG let me get a word in edgewise I cut out to score some of those free beers. What a great feeling! Serious thanks to the TV for providing funding like this - any group I was in throughout the night ppl were volunteering to go grab a round for the whole table. All you had to do was double for a waiter and you could be the Beer Santa Claus for the whole group. Free beer brought to me! The ribs and beans were tasty...they did run out a little fast, but 95% had their fill. When Buckwheat opens his restaurant here, he's bound to gather a loyal following. And then there was the beer....

Then it got to be kind of late...just about the time 6-10 (I'm sure more like 20 for some) beers were taking effect that another round of food would be appreciated and voila! Woody and Duke's kicked in for 10 giant pizzas and 10+ burgers and gyros. I missed the pizza but got me hands on a good salty n greazy chicken gyro, perfect for balancing a gut full of beer. And I say salty n greezy in the most flattering way possible. I checked out Woody's later after we moved down the road to the van party. YOu can't miss Woody's right by the 7-11 - great prices, great smell, the new place to go for a late night fix. Alot of lovelies sitting around outside grabbing burgers and fries as well.....burger and a coconut, hmmmm.

So great to see everybody, met a bunch of new people I knew only on the net: Resrea+1, Hanuman+1, Thaiways- quiet, but wise when he gets going, Thaipauly n his better half - will be there for party Thurs at his place!! PM him for details - great place on end of Ring 1 between Hang Dong n Canal rd. Who else....Nienke, Meadish - a pleasure!....it's all blurry. Fortunately I didn't go to Spicy to cause more trouble for myself than the massive amount of beers plus a tequilla or two that went down.....And some guys were up writing the next day. For me it was all about aspirin, vitamins and SLEEP!

Tues and I'm just getting back to NoRmaL.

ahhh! the real'deal surfaces! I was wondering how long it would take. lovely to have met you - good luck with the writing and the moving on, so to speak. next time we meet, remind me to ask you for a beer! (don't worry, it probably won't be this side of Christmas knowing my luck).

Sao Jiang Mai sends her sincere apologies for being unable to attend

Yeh, I did miss Sao Jiang Mai! Sorry to hear/read you were ill. Hope you are feeling better now.

Nienke

Edited by Nienke

A bit late in the day now but since I'm sat at home in Pattaya with a beer in my hand :D there a few things that should be said.

First of all it was a great excuse to visit Chiang Mai again ( last time 5 years ago).Secondly a great job was done by Buckwheat and Bazmlb...not forgetting George ofcourse...in selecting Tuskers for the party. Bloody good job well done ya all!

Thanks George for making it happen.

Chas and Rachel ..your perfomance was outstanding. Mixing, making sure all was well. In some respects the Party took care of itself ..all down to mix of great people out to enjoy themselves. :o

Lastly, your staff were outstanding and looked after everyone very very well. :D

I certainly look forward to another great excuse to visit Chiang Mai again and of course the now famous Tuskers.

Rock on Chas and Rachel. :D

Begsaresponse

posted earlier this morning but removed somehow

A great BIG thanks to George & Buckwheat of Thaivisa, and of course Chas, Rachael and their wonderful crew @ Tuskers for hosting a wonderful event.

Im sure the ones that registered and didnt turn up,will now be kicking themselves on missing such a great evening.

It was good to see the faces behind those posts. I always thought that George was asian for some reason before seeing him. :o

Yeah i am kicking myself for not going and just leaving early. I was looking forward to a late night at the party but my babysitter went back to her village to vote. I did not think it would be a good idea to take my kids when i found out there would be over 100 drunks running around. Maybe next time it won't get screwed up for me by a vote or a thai holiday.