The Crappiest Movie You Ever Saw

GreenShone

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush Hour 3

I don't ever remember coming across a more annoying character in a film than Chris Tucker as Detective James Carter in this one, and Jackie Chan just doesn't hit the spot this time around...not that he ever really does, but he was much worse this time and showing his age. It was almost painful to sit through.

One movie critic put rather well: "Chan provides stunts and cross cultural confusion, while Tucker provides... well, shrieking. Two hours of non-stop, ear-shattering, humourless shrieking. It's simply unbearable. You soon find yourself begging for him to die."

And that's an understatement.

If you are trapped in a rainstorm in front of a theater playing this movie, by all means go right in and stay dry.

Edited by tropo

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - the book was heaps better.

The radio series was better, the vinyl albums were better and the BBC TV series was better. ....... There is only one Arthur Dent...... but the books were best.

One that really got me was Dune, if you hadn't read the books (the first trilogy at least) it was probably an entertaining movie, if you had read the series, the film version was very disappointing.

And Sting has to take a special 'over-acting' award ........... "I will kill him"

Anything by Stephen King with two exceptions, all blockbusters.............always crap.

The radio series was better, the vinyl albums were better and the BBC TV series was better. ....... There is only one Arthur Dent...... but the books were best.

One that really got me was Dune, if you hadn't read the books (the first trilogy at least) it was probably an entertaining movie, if you had read the series, the film version was very disappointing.

And Sting has to take a special 'over-acting' award ........... "I will kill him"

Anything by Stephen King with two exceptions, all blockbusters.............always crap.

I reckon there are at least 4 good movies made from Stephen King books or stories. Never as good as the books but still pretty good:

1. Stand By Me - Haven't seen it for a while but I enjoyed it at the time.

2. Shawshank Redemption - Watched it again last week and still thought it was a good movie.

3. The Shining - In my opinion and all time classic. But maybe it was the cinematography or maybe Nicholson won me over.

4. Green Mile - Maybe I need to see it again but it would be far from crappiest movie ever.

I'll stick with the books for Carrie, The Stand, Misery etc.

OK, now I will get off my defensive high horse and get back on topic.....

Blues Brothers 2000 - That movie is an insult to the original and should never have happened! :o

edit: Spelling

Edited by chiliwasabi

4 pages in a not a mention of Excorist 2!!!! Now I am shocked! :o

As for Stephen King book film conversions I thought Pet Semetary was an excellent attempt.

On recent films of ultra crappiness - Ultraviolet has to be one of the biggest piles of excrement to be released recently although I didn't manage to watch the whole thing it was that bad.

Norbert also!

4 pages in a not a mention of Excorist 2!!!! Now I am shocked! :o

As for Stephen King book film conversions I thought Pet Semetary was an excellent attempt.

On recent films of ultra crappiness - Ultraviolet has to be one of the biggest piles of excrement to be released recently although I didn't manage to watch the whole thing it was that bad.

Norbert also!

bilko and the pink panther .....starring steve martin insult to phil silvers and peter sellers memory .........

Two adaptations that just make me want to puke:

Heinlein's 'Starship Troopers' and Asimov's 'Nightfall'.

The former views like a violent Archie comic book and I don't the even think the directors of the latter ever read the original text....

BFD!

I reckon there are at least 4 good movies made from Stephen King books or stories. Never as good as the books but still pretty good:

1. Stand By Me - Haven't seen it for a while but I enjoyed it at the time.

2. Shawshank Redemption - Watched it again last week and still thought it was a good movie.

3. The Shining - In my opinion and all time classic. But maybe it was the cinematography or maybe Nicholson won me over.

4. Green Mile - Maybe I need to see it again but it would be far from crappiest movie ever.

I'll stick with the books for Carrie, The Stand, Misery etc.

OK, now I will get off my defensive high horse and get back on topic.....

Blues Brothers 2000 - That movie is an insult to the original and should never have happened! :o

edit: Spelling

The opening secene in carrie means the movie could never be rated as bad!