Are Farangs Who Marriages Failed Lucky?

bangkoksingapore

Are you an enlightened farang?   

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cher and Liz Tailor do it. The guys love them. As you can see with Cher and Liz it not about money or opportunity, lots of guys like older women. Haven't you ever seen the websites for these kinds of relationships?

Cher and Liz - truly balanced, cultured and educated humans. :o

And no, please, i don't think i would like to see those fetish websites you mention... :D :D

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my beef is with those, like the OP, who hold up relationships where money is likely to be a significant factor (and if you doubt this, ask yourself how many relationships between old men and young women of similar wealth do you see in the West?

Rich older men are always to be found in the company of younger women, if they so desire.

Does Mick Jagger go out with women of 63 or 23 ?

As much as it seems to ruffle your feathers, that's the way of the world.

It helps, you

I guess we're supposed to be good trophies when we're young (ability to speak English optional) and then have the good grace to fall off the face of the earth we get old and our market value has gone down. In no case are we supposed to act on our own self-interest, have opinions that interfere with the dream world of tired old men or expect to be treated as a fellow human being, if one is to believe some of the posters here.

No, in the new global economy after appearance of orange skin you are supposed to go to Jamaica, Indonesia, South India or Nepal to find a you a young boy you can't communicate with much. :o

A nice new world we are living in...

my beef is with those, like the OP, who hold up relationships where money is likely to be a significant factor (and if you doubt this, ask yourself how many relationships between old men and young women of similar wealth do you see in the West?

Rich older men are always to be found in the company of younger women, if they so desire.

Does Mick Jagger go out with women of 63 or 23 ?

As much as it seems to ruffle your feathers, that's the way of the world.

Leave good old Mick out of this - he never cared much about age, gender or species.

i saw a beautiful couple today in Paragon. Love was radiating from their eyes. He was about 60 and she was about 20. On the escalator he wrapped his arm around her waist and give her a big sloppy french kiss. She seemed to gently push him away and looked embarrased, but i could tell that she really enjoyed it. then he kept poking her stomach and saying "you want to go back to the hotel and take a bubbly bath"?

this just goes to show you that love knows no bounds. why should old people stay at home lonely and watching television? Bangkok's weather is great and you can go anywhere in beach attire!

i saw a beautiful couple today in Paragon. Love was radiating from their eyes. He was about 60 and she was about 20. On the escalator he wrapped his arm around her waist and give her a big sloppy french kiss. She seemed to gently push him away and looked embarrased, but i could tell that she really enjoyed it. then he kept poking her stomach and saying "you want to go back to the hotel and take a bubbly bath"?

this just goes to show you that love knows no bounds. why should old people stay at home lonely and watching television? Bangkok's weather is great and you can go anywhere in beach attire!

Yeah, my heart really bleeds now.

Love no bounds, sure - definitely not by limits of appropriate behavior in public and dress code according to local customs.

Anything goes in the Disneyland for the uncultured adult... :o

:D

Edited by ColPyat

What does it matter and who does it matter whom you go home to at night?

People who do not go home with you should not effect you or other lives........but, do they?

I know, yes, I know that it is common that married expats are constantly badgered by outraged wives and their expat wife societys about how others live their lives. (Read: older man, usually single, getting cuddly with a younger slimmer, non badgering woman) Why to these married ladies badger? Fear, fealousy, too much wine and cheese, and perhaps maybe to control their men.

Could one of the husbands ask their wife to shut their trap because the issue should not be brought up? No. Too Dangerous.

And these women sadly make efforts to effect lives of others to make their world more safe. Sad indeed.

Back to the OP: I say the person who is home with the person he wants to be with is much more happier than a person who is married (read:stuck) to a person who may be a royal pain in the mental arse.

I am happy for people who are married and happy.

Its pretty pathetic to see people who are married and unhappy. The tension is palpable.

On a side note: Although I wish not to marry, I feel I may lose this battle as I've found a woman I don't want to lose. Man, am I pathetic!! She's younger but she thinks she's too old - wow!!... ok. Divide my age by 2 and add 7 and voila!!, there's her age. Looks like I'm set for some upcoming misery.

thai people dont even use chairs in their cullture which shows you that its v laid back.

Methinks you got your nick from the initials.

they dont use toilet paper when wiping their bums either,but thats another story. :o

to me people are too complicated to argue the opposing points of veiw on this thread.many relationships of young similar aged people are based on lust,security,convenience rather than on any deep caring or freindship.

Edited by uptou

thai people dont even use chairs in their cullture which shows you that its v laid back.

Methinks you got your nick from the initials.

they dont use toilet paper when wiping their bums either,but thats another story. :o

Yeah, instead of smearing <deleted> all round our azz with paper, we use water to actually clean ourselves.

Heaven forbid that Farangs would ever think of doing such a thing.

Edited by Creeper

As real as the love of a third-world hooker!

You're starting to make some ludicrous generalisations now, as well as getting offensive.

I sincerely hope you pull your head in when you get here, because otherwise you're going to be very lonely and very bitter.

Oh, how kind of you to worry. I'm sure I'll be fine, but thank you so much for your concern.

-CG

No you won't.

You'll either expand your narrow little mind, or go mad and then home like that mad woman that used to rant and rave on here about Thais, falangs, girls, boys, police, banks etc!

There is the same chance for the same fun life over here for both sexes. Don't end up like one of those poker faced vinegar drinking old maids who haunt Thailand from time to time.

On the way over, why not stop off on the med or the carribean and see how many white girls are throwing themselves at rich old men with yachts. Women of all cultures love money and shopping, and men of all cultures love beautiful (or as beautiful as we can get) women. Its the way of history that both sexes are looking for different things. YOU are not going to change it by coming here and whining about it! :o

Same shit, different amounts of money.

Yeah, instead of smearing <deleted> all our azz with paper, we use water to actually clean ourselves.

Heaven forbid that Farangs would ever think of doing such a thing.

Lovely - now from sloppy french kisses in Siam Paragon dressed in beach attire (Beer Lao in one hand), moving over to even more appetizing topics...

I prefer a combination of both - first the hose - and than the paper. :o

On the way over, why not stop off on the med or the carribean and see how many white girls are throwing themselves at rich old men with yachts. Women of all cultures love money and shopping, and men of all cultures love beautiful (or as beautiful as we can get) women. Its the way of history that both sexes are looking for different things. YOU are not going to change it by coming here and whining about it! :o

Same shit, different amounts of money.

To be added: shallow examples of both sexes chose their partners according to those guidelines.

And how can you archive any real intimacy if you can't speak each other's language?

My dear chap, the language of love......braille.

Any of you guys at the Big C Fuji last weekend? Generic older Farang fella and local lass couple... going through the several pages of the menu with the falang asking "Do you like?" local lass answering "No."

here's the transcription:

"Do you like?" (likely pointing at a picture)

"No."

"Do you like?"

"No."

"Do you like?"

"No."

"Do you like?"

"No."

"Do you like?"

"No."

Tuned it out, so not sure how that turned out, but hopefully they were able to eventually order. I bet it was stimulating dinner conversation to follow.

:o

hahahahaahah Perfect match, ignorance is bliss

i cant believe some of you have the nerve to suggest that the women married to old farang are seeking carnal pleasures behind his back.

Surely, some of those young women must not be immune to the charms of youth and beauty. An old man for money, a young man for sex? :o

you dont find this at all insulting to both the young women and the old man? You disgust me.

Why do you find it so hard to imagine?

Take any group of people; chances are some of them are cheating.

Some of those young women are madly in love with their older partners, no doubt, and much happiness to them both. But put yourself in the place of a young woman dating a guy 3 times your own age for money and security -- you might like him, he might be a good guy and all , but if you inherited the Hilton fortune tomorrow, you might prefer someone else. Would you have a gik? Wouldn't you try to have your cake and eat it too?

Sometimes I think the reason farangs find Thai women so mystifying is that they can't conceive of them as human beings, with the same motivations and desires as themselves.

dehumanise and objectify

Hows this for an idea ?, next time you are out, maybe in MBK, and you see a big 50 year old farang wandering about minding his own business with his Thai girl, why dont you go over and tell him you feel embarrassed and explain all the other self rightous, moralising vitriol that you seem so able to type on a faceless internet site.

You may be lucky and get into a really usefull debate....on the other hand :o:D

No way man, those dudes have beerguts bigger than me! He'll probably eat me. :D

They also have Thai girlfriend or wifes!

One thing you will find if you decide to come here is that Thai women wear the trousers in most relationships. They are incredibly dangerous when you get the wrong side of them and their anger does not abate when you try your pc feminist bullshit on them. The more you type the more you show that you really know nothing about Thailand other than a few off pat stereotypes you picked up at Uni of wherever.

The first time you suggest a Thai woman is a hooker - whether she is or not - you are gonna learn a very painful if not fatal lesson!

Go one say it in real life... just the once! You sure as hel_l won't get a chance to say it a second time! It'l get you on the TV and newspapers for sure. :D

For all of you who are so embarrassed by the actions of other farangs in Thailand, I just wonder. Are you similarly humiliated anywhere else in the world by other caucasians? How do you get through the day? Do you really believe any Thai will think any less or worse of you because of it. Why do you care what Thais think unless it is an interpersonal situation. Is this what's known as white man's burden?

Yes, I do believe it's true that there are disproportionately more loser farangs in Thailand than a lot of places I've lived. I think many Thais believe when they see an older male in Thailand he is here for wrong reasons. I think many farang women think that too.

The world is full of losers and winners. Maybe the old git with the little brownie is a loser. Maybe not. Who the <deleted> cares?

Maybe you should read the OP again - here, reposted for you:

Are farangs who marriages failed in the West luckier than those who marriages were successful? You go out in Bangkok and you see a 55 year old guy dressed in beach attire riding the skytrain with his twenty-two year old wife, and then you see another set of farang 55 year old husband and wife and she looks like she weighs 80 kg. So doesnt this mean that the farang who drank too much and wrecked his marriage back home and escaped to Thailand is luckier than the farang who didnt drink too much and is still married?

I find this sort of behavior offensive, with a complete lack of manners and consideration for others and local customs of decency in public, sexist to the extreme - reducing a woman to some sort of trophy, and ultimately personally insulting.

There is nothing i can do about the sad fact that this is so in Thailand, but please, don't expect me not to be embarrassed when i have the misfortune to encounter this, and having to cringe at such a celebration of tackiness that is best left to a good comedy on TV.

And as for Thais being non judgemental and not easily offended I was in the BiG C in Nakhon Pathon when like the red sea parting a wave of thais created an avenue of space right down the middle of the store. The looks on the faces was absolute shock and distaste as an elderly falang dressed like Eminem strode down the way, acres of gold and bling, naked from his top of throat to the tip of his grey pubes and dragging a bar girl dressed so scantily that her nipples were exposed. I wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. I have never even held hands in public with my thai wife. Sure enough when the circus had passed by all the Thai eyes look at me as if wanting an explanation for such rudeness and open disregard for their culture.

For all of you who are so embarrassed by the actions of other farangs in Thailand, I just wonder. Are you similarly humiliated anywhere else in the world by other caucasians? How do you get through the day? Do you really believe any Thai will think any less or worse of you because of it. Why do you care what Thais think unless it is an interpersonal situation. Is this what's known as white man's burden?

Yes, I do believe it's true that there are disproportionately more loser farangs in Thailand than a lot of places I've lived. I think many Thais believe when they see an older male in Thailand he is here for wrong reasons. I think many farang women think that too.

The world is full of losers and winners. Maybe the old git with the little brownie is a loser. Maybe not. Who the <deleted> cares?

Maybe you should read the OP again - here, reposted for you:

Are farangs who marriages failed in the West luckier than those who marriages were successful? You go out in Bangkok and you see a 55 year old guy dressed in beach attire riding the skytrain with his twenty-two year old wife, and then you see another set of farang 55 year old husband and wife and she looks like she weighs 80 kg. So doesnt this mean that the farang who drank too much and wrecked his marriage back home and escaped to Thailand is luckier than the farang who didnt drink too much and is still married?

I find this sort of behavior offensive, with a complete lack of manners and consideration for others and local customs of decency in public, sexist to the extreme - reducing a woman to some sort of trophy, and ultimately personally insulting.

There is nothing i can do about the sad fact that this is so in Thailand, but please, don't expect me not to be embarrassed when i have the misfortune to encounter this, and having to cringe at such a celebration of tackiness that is best left to a good comedy on TV.

And as for Thais being non judgemental and not easily offended I was in the BiG C in Nakhon Pathon when like the red sea parting a wave of thais created an avenue of space right down the middle of the store. The looks on the faces was absolute shock and distaste as an elderly falang dressed like Eminem strode down the way, acres of gold and bling, naked from his top of throat to the tip of his grey pubes and dragging a bar girl dressed so scantily that her nipples were exposed. I wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. I have never even held hands in public with my thai wife. Sure enough when the circus had passed by all the Thai eyes look at me as if wanting an explanation for such rudeness and open disregard for their culture.

:o Academy award for that one, at least for best costume description. Yes, many of them are embarrassing to the rest of us, I finally admit. But then, that is true at home too, isn't it??

All this talk about embarrassing displays in public.

It's simply people getting a lfe.

It's guys, old and young, now doing all the things they couldn't do before back home and taking girls out of a crushingly boring routine in a bar.

So both parties benefit, isn't that enough?

I say let them romp and give them as much thought as they're giving you.

Would anyone else like to join this mass display of sorrow for causing certain members a degree of embarassment, and some members - mentioning no names but looking firmly at canadiangirl - such outrage?

It helps, you know. It really does.

Now that I've apologised I can relax a little.

I'm flattered by the attention, of course, but I remain puzzled by your need to single me out. I'm hardly the only one to express a negative opinion.

In case my position isn't clear enough -- I don't give a fig if a Thai marries a farang or a gecko marries an elephant -- my beef is with those, like the OP, who hold up relationships where money is likely to be a significant factor (and if you doubt this, ask yourself how many relationships between old men and young women of similar wealth do you see in the West?) as somehow more of "a prize" than a relationship that some vague chance of being between equals (as in the case of the old farang man and his old farang wife)

For all that relationships with women, sex with women and the bodies of women: their weight, attractiveness, age and general value are constant topics of discussion on this forum, certain men seem bloody uncomfortable with women having opinions on any of these.

I guess we're supposed to be good trophies when we're young (ability to speak English optional) and then have the good grace to fall off the face of the earth we get old and our market value has gone down. In no case are we supposed to act on our own self-interest, have opinions that interfere with the dream world of tired old men or expect to be treated as a fellow human being, if one is to believe some of the posters here.

Good points, womens bodies and shapes, weights and sizes and comparing unfavourably western women with Thai angels is a constant refrain, yet when that same obsession is turned to men..........its all about minds isn't it, emotions and feelings, the value of experience, the helping hand of finance extended without strings to the young Thai woman. truth is they dont like you Canadian girl because you shine a bright light under the dark rock of their self delusion.

Edited by ratchabuild

All this talk about embarrassing displays in public.

It's simply people getting a lfe.

It's guys, old and young, now doing all the things they couldn't do before back home and taking girls out of a crushingly boring routine in a bar.

So both parties benefit, isn't that enough?

I say let them romp and give them as much thought as they're giving you.

Eh, well, it's a question of perception here.

For a lot of people it is home here, and while some may enjoy all the things they can't do at home, others have to live with the results of the bad public behavior of aforementioned when having to face the resulting stereotypes from ordinary Thais, and have to cringe while painfully trying to explain that not all westerners are that uncultured, bad mannered, gullible, etc.

Take the girl out of a bar for a while, if you want, but at least don't be one of them who has to show off their trophy by public displays of what is generally considered obscene or loutish behavior here, especially unsuitable to men of an age that generally would receive respect and have to behave accordingly (and yes, have more sexual liberties than in many western societies - IN PRIVATE).

So, practical example - no i do not like people asking my dad, when he came here the last time to visit me, already approaching 80, old school gentleman, if he wants to rent a little bar girl, because they are used to westerners doing that. No Thai would dare to ask a fellow Thai of a similar rank and social standing equivalent to my dad's such an impertinent question.

Yes, i have had several arguments about that, and they mostly finished with the offenders profoundly apologizing to my dad.

So - do whatever you want - but please be discreet. Have some consideration. And in most cases - good manners are international and inter-cultural, what is considered as bad taste back home - is usually here as well.

Edited by ColPyat

So, practical example - no i do not like people asking my dad, when he came here the last time to visit me, already approaching 80, old school gentleman, if he wants to rent a little bar girl, because they are used to westerners doing that. No Thai would dare to ask a fellow Thai of a similar rank and social standing equivalent to my dad's such an impertinent question.

Yes, i have had several arguments about that, and they mostly finished with the offenders profoundly apologizing to my dad.

I bet your Dad was well pizzed off with you. :o

Edited by Creeper

...Have some consideration. And in most cases - good manners are international and inter-cultural, what is considered as bad taste back home - is usually here as well.

Good point :o

Nobody is an island. Our behavior does affect others, and important part of empathy is to think about how it might affect fellow humans, and to adjust ones behavior according to this. While some may think having a beer on a skytrain station, french kissing a girl in public that could be his grand daughter, is perfectly alright - it might embarrass people in vicinity and result in negative stereotypes we westerners have to battle with increasingly here.

surely its not the nationality of ones partner which should matter. it should be how much you love her/him and how much fun you have together.

the fact that one may be sexy to you in the beginning should grow stronger once you really know the person, no matter how their body shape may change as you move along in life together.

i, for one, think a mans brain is far more sexy than his six pack.

I like you donna, very good comments, i also didnt come to thailand to marry, i had got divorced and thought id have some fun, after 2 years of fun i met a beautiful woman and married her, that she is thai is a pure coincidence,. i married the person, not the country,.and i hope we grow old together as best mates ,7 years on and a beautiful 5 year old daughter nothing has changed,luck or selection ? im very happy,.

...Have some consideration. And in most cases - good manners are international and inter-cultural, what is considered as bad taste back home - is usually here as well.

Good point :o

Nobody is an island. Our behavior does affect others, and important part of empathy is to think about how it might affect fellow humans, and to adjust ones behavior according to this. While some may think having a beer on a skytrain station, french kissing a girl in public that could be his grand daughter, is perfectly alright - it might embarrass people in vicinity and result in negative stereotypes we westerners have to battle with increasingly here.

With all due respect, CP, you're coming across as a little prissy here.

Have you thought about getting out a bit more?

I mean, in the country away from these low lifers.

They're easy enough to avoid IMO.