Are Farangs Who Marriages Failed Lucky?

bangkoksingapore

Are you an enlightened farang?   

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

my friend is turning 58 tomorrow and he sent me an email

"we have decided to tie the knot. the date is set for Pim's 18th birthday next month. I never thought I could be this happy in life. People are good and wonderful and the sun shines so beautifully. Roses smell good and I love som tom. Thank god her father introduced us. We are two peas in a pod"

Excuse my French - but that is borderline sick.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is it sick. 18 years old makes her an adult. my friend laid brick for 15 years, started at the age of 13. next he started his own business. by the time he was done, he owned a multi-million dollar business with over 70 employees. he moved to Thailand to find a non feminist soul mate to share his life with. they are both adults and know what they are getting into. love knows no age.

Yes, of course - all is clear now - a case of juvenile LOVE.

Thailand - the land where dad's of local females introduce their daughters to rich import semi geriatrics from the west. A shared language not needed of course.

No, sorry, but this threat starts turning very disgusting now.

her father introduced them but that is it. my friend is still very youngish and the two of them really enjoy playing in the MBK arcade. that is where he proposed to her. he gave her a piece of paper and got someone to write it down in thai. she was thrilled. you should see how sweet they are together.

"we have decided to tie the knot. the date is set for Pim's 18th birthday next month. I never thought I could be this happy in life. People are good and wonderful and the sun shines so beautifully. Roses smell good and I love som tom. Thank god her father introduced us. We are two peas in a pod"

Excuse my French - but that is borderline sick.

Dunno but I think I smell chumming (v. To fish with such bait) here.

why is it sick. 18 years old makes her an adult. my friend laid brick for 15 years, started at the age of 13. next he started his own business. by the time he was done, he owned a multi-million dollar business with over 70 employees. he moved to Thailand to find a non feminist soul mate to share his life with. they are both adults and know what they are getting into. love knows no age.

Well, by the time she's 58 (his age now) he will be 108 and she will still take care of him...since she's his soulmate and even if she's sick their children of 35-39 can take care of him..... :D

TIT :o

LaoPo

Dunno but I think I smell chumming (v. To fish with such bait) here.

Unfortunately - even if this particular case is baiting for a reaction, lets be very clear - such cases do exists, and not a few either.

Just because one can do such, does not mean that one should.

Come on bangkoksingapore. You're taking the piss, right? Spill the beans (or peas).

Edited by bendix

Come on bangkoksingapore. You're taking the piss, right? Spill the beans (or peas).

a You know when bangkokinsingapore is lying............................he types

b Bangkokinsingapore has no friends fellow stormtroopers in the junior nazis dont count

Dustoff - good for her. Wish we heard more stories like this.

Why don't you get her to write her comments in this thread ?

Perhaps because I am a bit protective?

Not only is she very involved lately with her Chinese language studies but with her Taiwan Buddhist Temple stuff, I think that she would only have to read a few of these posts to become a bit saddened and begin to wonder why I read them myself.

I'm sorry but at the moment I cannot remember if you are in CM but if so, are you going to TP's party (the sequel to the ThaiVisa shindig) at their restaurant this Thurs evening? (like, tomoro in a few hours)

If so, you will likely meet her. She and TP's wife will probably be running around and giggling together so she will be easy to spot. I will be the grey-haired, bearded-nitwit free-jumping off the roof. Or, since she is now an experienced skydiver (okay, only one freefall), she may be taking the leap with me..

If you don't know about this party, PM me and I am sure that TP will allow me to invite you;

just don't be touching the babe in the parachute, okay?

I, however, am open to advances... :o

Edited by Dustoff

Yes, of course - all is clear now - a case of juvenile LOVE.

Thailand - the land where dad's of local females introduce their daughters to rich import semi geriatrics from the west. A shared language not needed of course.

No, sorry, but this threat starts turning very disgusting now.

C'mon colonel, you're usually a lot sharper than this. Spit that hook out of your mouth.

In over six years with this person who is 'willing to sleep and marry' me, I have never once heard her label any group nor say anything negative about the way individual people choose to live their lives as long as they are no threat to our own lives and how we choose to live.

As they say in Hawaii, "Get one life" - and keep your nose out of other's...

Very good point!

Going on my LOS top 10 list.

Interestingly, of all the countries in the world, only America has the right of individual pursuit of happiness written into its constitution.

If what appears to be a total mismatch to you is at the same time legal and making two people relatively happy, leave 'em be; don't be so prissy all you bashers.

Interestingly, of all the countries in the world, only America has the right of individual pursuit of happiness written into its constitution.

If what appears to be a total mismatch to you is at the same time legal and making two people relatively happy, leave 'em be; don't be so prissy all you bashers.

Just a question - does the case of a third world village girl not yet 18 and "introduced" by her father to an old rich westerner for the purpose of that bloke's "pursuit of individual happiness" fall under "individual pursuit of happiness", especially knowing the amount of family pressure to follow up that sort of lottery win for the whole clan?

Or is it just about the "pursuit of individual happiness" for the ones who can afford it and screw the rest of humanity?

^

Sorry, CP, I thought we were only generalising and speculating here.

Are you talking individual cases?.

It's always easy to generalize.

But yes, a page or so ago the OP has made a specific example (maybe just a bait) - of a 58 year old westerner deeply in love with his fiancee - a not yet 18 year old girl introduced to him by her father. According to the OP that man on his "pursuit for individual happiness" came to Thailand to find himself a "non-feminist" wife. The marriage date seems to be fixed now at her 18th birthday.

Edited by ColPyat

Dustoff - good for her. Wish we heard more stories like this.

Why don't you get her to write her comments in this thread ?

Awwwww shucks ok then , my wife ( from a single parent family, father already dead at a young age) left home at 14, her Mother said she could not afford to get her educated any higher, she came from Loei with her brother to Bangkok got a variety of jobs in the day and studied at night to get her BA degree in marketing to get a better job and then used the internet to learn English where we met.

English to her meant earning more money in her job.

In my opinion it is better not to get married.

In a divorce the man usually comes out worse off.

You can be married to a woman for just a few years and she can walk away with half of what you worked a life time for. It is better to have a straight foreward no nonsense transaction and just pay for _ussy.

Edited by philliphn

^

Sorry, CP, I thought we were only generalising and speculating here.

Are you talking individual cases?.

It's always easy to generalize.

But yes, a page or so ago the OP has made a specific example (maybe just a bait) - of a 58 year old westerner deeply in love with his fiancee - a not yet 18 year old girl introduced to him by her father. According to the OP that man on his "pursuit for individual happiness" came to Thailand to find himself a "non-feminist" wife. The marriage date seems to be fixed now at her 18th birthday.

My congratulations to the man. Though I would recommend a straight forewarde rental agreement!

You can be married to a woman for just a few years and she can walk away with half of what you worked a life time for. It is better to have a straight foreward no nonsense transaction and just pay for _ussy.

Opinions are funny things.

Most of them are best left unexpressed, because they show the true nature of the holder.

I have this opinion that you are obviously an idiot, but - you see - i have to keep that to myself or I'll earn myself a holiday from thaivisa.

Edited by bendix

Just a question - does the case of a third world village girl not yet 18 and "introduced" by her father to an old rich westerner for the purpose of that bloke's "pursuit of individual happiness" fall under "individual pursuit of happiness", especially knowing the amount of family pressure to follow up that sort of lottery win for the whole clan?

Or is it just about the "pursuit of individual happiness" for the ones who can afford it and screw the rest of humanity?

If you think these girls are forced into their "work " and or these relationships you are way out of touch im afraid,. these girls see their neighbors daughters coming to the village dripping in gold and their families having a des res built and they ( not all ) want the same , i personaly dont see anything wrong with that,.but unfortunatly greed soon gets the better of some of them and as we old hands all know most marriages are not made in heaven,.but for the ones that do work i say good for them,.if there are 2 happy people in a working relatonship wheres the problem ? Edited by mikethevigoman

Opinions are funny things.

Most of them are best left unexpressed, because they show the true nature of the holder.

I have this opinion that you are obviously an idiot, but - you see - i have to keep that to myself or I'll earn myself a holiday from thaivisa.

Where we going bendix, anywhere nice ?. i agree , what a tw@t !

Allow me to restate your position suk. Thai women are flies attracted to defecation disguised as farangs.

Yup, sounds about right. :o

Apologies if I was too suttle for you, thats exactly what i meant :D

I should start mixing with a different crowd if i were you, unless of course you are happy there,.