Are Farangs Who Marriages Failed Lucky?

bangkoksingapore

Are you an enlightened farang?   

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just another thread set up to bash old people and and anybody with a normal sex drive, IMO.

Most of the sanctimonious men I've met in Thailand have been there, done it and have found a sort of morality along the way.

And there's nothing more dogmatic than a convert.

The thing that leaps out at me when I read posts like is the obvious deep impression left by convention and especially the media on many people.

Old is repulsive, young and beautiful is good, old men should not cavort with girls and in fact should stay off the streets.

Congratulations to the converted, now go find a way to dispose of all undesirable elements, if you can do that with mere words.

1. I'm old why would I want to bash myself?

2. You say most of the sanctimonious......... If they have been there and done it wouldn't that suggest they have something useful to say? Even if you dont like the way its said.

3 I'd rather listen to someone who has lived what they are talking about rather than johnnythai and his half wit sister bangkoksingapore (who are the same person) who aspire to doing it but sadly never will.

4 If you listed all the reasons people have fabricated to reject the notion that old men with money with young girls are buying affection you would have the wellsprings of all human activity.

5 Some of us are offended by the grosser aspects of that mis matched behaviour. We live in the same country and have the same

nationality. Its embarrassing in the same way that ladettes or drunken lads is embarrassing

6 Only the most misty eyed and half brained Mills and Boon reader could swallow the rubbish about "meeting of the minds, music of the spheres, spring autumn love, love without a language or culture or anything"to bind them. Frankly anyone is entitled to say they are delusional.

7 The fact that there are exceptions to these truths doesnt make them invalid. The exceptions are tiny.

8. Despite the tiny number of exceptions in an effort to promote peace and harmony in the thread I for one will accept that all the posters currently shacked up or married to young ex bar girls have found the one true diamond in thailand.

9. As I am old and fat and feeble there nothing wrong with me saying we should parade the streets in our true glory. I am not agist.

10 As I am profoundly disabled I am not anti handicap

11 As I have a young very beautiful thai wife I am not against young old relationships

12 In my case my sheer brain power and dynamic personality and vast wealth are compensations for the undoubted sacrifices she has made, probably the vast wealth would be enough.

13 What I AM against is the cant and hypocrisy of the posters who refuse to acjknowledge the truth of their own situation. As I repeated before it allows the man to ill use his young wife because she breaks the "love contract" how can she since there never was one? It was a commercial deal.

Old Falang sitting next to a young thai girl in restaurant

"Will you sleep with me for 100 baht?"

"No"

"Will you sleep with me for 1000 baht?"

"Perhaps"

"Will you sleep with me for 10000 baht?"

"Yes"

"Will you sleep with me the rest of my life and care for me for if I make a home for you and take care of your family?"

"Yes I love you, age is not important to me, or looks"

The old falang looks thoughtful, "Would you sleep with me forever for 150 baht"

"What do you think I am?" says the girl angrily, "A Hooker?"

"WE have already established what you are, we are merely haggling over the price" Says the Old Falang

You can turn it around and make the man a pimp, for that is what he is, a procurer of sex for money, and in his case if he believes the girl could love him, he has a fool for a client.

"If you listed all the reasons people have fabricated to reject the notion that old men with money with young girls are buying affection you would have the wellsprings of all human activity."

Money and sex are the fundamentals of all male-female interaction. For some weird reason, once people are in love they seem to forget what attracted them to their partner in the first place. A guy falls for a girl and all of a sudden its not her looks that matter, but her mind. Thats great, but guess what, if she weighed 80kgs he never would have dated her in the first place unless that was the best he could do.

Sorry, but money and sex are important. I would suggest you pick up a book on human nature or evolution or even leave your house once in awhile.

Notes In case you are actually blind I just want to apologize. Obviously, if you are blind than it is not your fault for being so confused.

Edited by JohnnyThai

Right then, I have read it all and I think I am ready...

I have managed to put on 20lbs in weight since I last posted on here, I have altered my passport to make me 61, I have nicked a couple of grand cash from my pension fund, I will be over in a few days time.....BRING IT ON GIRLS DADDY IS A COMING :o

Sorry, but money and sex are important. I would suggest you pick up a book on human nature or evolution or even leave your house once in awhile.

i often smile when i see a very older man with a thai lady,but i also think that if you overly object to the age difference to the point that your protesting about it then you dont really admit to the reality of human nature as it is,the drive of selfishness & greed.

how many marriages in the west (especially in thailand) are more about family pressure,status,or financial contract than anything else?

sure you can talk about love in marriage,but what if sexual desire is taken away?

This is just another thread set up to bash old people and and anybody with a normal sex drive, IMO.

Most of the sanctimonious men I've met in Thailand have been there, done it and have found a sort of morality along the way.

And there's nothing more dogmatic than a convert.

The thing that leaps out at me when I read posts like is the obvious deep impression left by convention and especially the media on many people.

Old is repulsive, young and beautiful is good, old men should not cavort with girls and in fact should stay off the streets.

Congratulations to the converted, now go find a way to dispose of all undesirable elements, if you can do that with mere words.

2. You say most of the sanctimonious......... If they have been there and done it wouldn't that suggest they have something useful to say? Even if you dont like the way its said.

3 I'd rather listen to someone who has lived what they are talking about rather than johnnythai and his half wit sister bangkoksingapore (who are the same person) who aspire to doing it but sadly never will.

4 If you listed all the reasons people have fabricated to reject the notion that old men with money with young girls are buying affection you would have the wellsprings of all human activity.

5 Some of us are offended by the grosser aspects of that mis matched behaviour. We live in the same country and have the same

nationality. Its embarrassing in the same way that ladettes or drunken lads is embarrassing

6 Only the most misty eyed and half brained Mills and Boon reader could swallow the rubbish about "meeting of the minds, music of the spheres, spring autumn love, love without a language or culture or anything"to bind them. Frankly anyone is entitled to say they are delusional.

7 The fact that there are exceptions to these truths doesnt make them invalid. The exceptions are tiny.

8. Despite the tiny number of exceptions in an effort to promote peace and harmony in the thread I for one will accept that all the posters currently shacked up or married to young ex bar girls have found the one true diamond in thailand.

9. As I am old and fat and feeble there nothing wrong with me saying we should parade the streets in our true glory. I am not agist.

11 As I have a young very beautiful thai wife I am not against young old relationships

12 In my case my sheer brain power and dynamic personality and vast wealth are compensations for the undoubted sacrifices she has made, probably the vast wealth would be enough.

13 What I AM against is the cant and hypocrisy of the posters who refuse to acjknowledge the truth of their own situation. As I repeated before it allows the man to ill use his young wife because she breaks the "love contract" how can she since there never was one? It was a commercial deal.

"No"

"Perhaps"

"Yes"

"Will you sleep with me the rest of my life and care for me for if I make a home for you and take care of your family?"

"WE have already established what you are, we are merely haggling over the price" Says the Old Falang

You can turn it around and make the man a pimp, for that is what he is, a procurer of sex for money, and in his case if he believes the girl could love him, he has a fool for a client.

I once asked one of my darlings, what if I did not give her Mother any further money per month, as we had previously agreed. Her answer was - "Mama say cancel you".

"No"

"Perhaps"

"Yes"

Wow, a brave post indeed! What you have written confirms the suspicions of many reasonable people who have wandered through this this lame thread, and I don't know you personally but I cannot help but feel sadness for the person who wrote it.

I have no reason to defend myself, even against your most vehement assaults because neither you nor anyone else can bruise the solid loving relationship my wife and I share. I know that you cannot understand love if you have never had it and don't have it now but surely you know that it exists? Possibly not.

Absolutely loving and honest women exist everywhere, even in Thailand's bars. And not even most farang males who learn to love a younger foreign woman can be fooled by fake demonstrations of love. To insist otherwise is pure prejudice both against the older males and their younger female companions.

All people of reason who have posted here, and I count myself among them, freely admit that we are offended by any use or misuse of another human being no matter what power they wield to do so but you don't seem to hear that. You seemingly have a mission and anyone who does not fully agree with you, and your so-called statistics, comes under attack. Case in point, I find it interesting that you speak of promoting peace and harmony in the thread while at the same time wildly swinging a straight razor in the same sentence.

It is good of you to admit that you are married to someone for whom your wealth alone would have been enough but in spite of your self-proclaimed sheer brain power and dynamic personality, you cannot hide your resentment and futility.

We out here don't have to admit to the truth of your[\i] relationship, RB. It, and your frustrations are your's alone. And when we do admit to the truth of our relationships, you reject it out of hand. We are fools, delusional, et al..

Nonsense.

Take ownership of your own state of mind and we will try to do the same.

I have no reason to defend myself, even against your most vehement assaults because neither you nor anyone else can bruise the solid loving relationship my wife and I share. I know that you cannot understand love if you have never had it and don't have it now but surely you know that it exists? Possibly not.

Why then, from your first post do you defend yourself, even though nobody has commented upon or attacked your relationship, while you though do take the impolite freedom of attacking others relationships and belittling other posters?

What some posters here attempt to do is defining problem zones of many, if not most mismatched relationships, especially regarding a combination of factors of which age is but one.

You consistently refuse to recognize that there are indeed problematic areas of such relationships at all, but perceive any such attempt as a personal criticism. Your buddies here excel not just in flaming and name calling, but some of your supporters have came up with more than dubious scenarios, of which only one you commented upon with having the bloke's "gonads cut off".

What is attacked here is not your relationship, but your simplistic position and denial as expressed here in this rather enlightening thread.

"We are fools, delusional, et al.."

Even if you old guys are fools and are completely delusional, why does this topic get 700 replies? If I started a thread insisting that the moon was made out of cheese or that Osama Bin Laden is actually a part of the CIA people would never have responded 700 times.

Why not just leave these poor delusional sods alone? Why is it that you feel such a strong need to clarify that the girl holding their hand doesn't love them. Why is that so important to you? Perhaps it is time to take a long hard look in the mirror.

"We are fools, delusional, et al.."

Even if you old guys are fools and are completely delusional, why does this topic get 700 replies? If I started a thread insisting that the moon was made out of cheese or that Osama Bin Laden is actually a part of the CIA people would never have responded 700 times.

Why not just leave these poor delusional sods alone? Why is it that you feel such a strong need to clarify that the girl holding their hand doesn't love them. Why is that so important to you? Perhaps it is time to take a long hard look in the mirror.

You may wish to read my post again, JT. You got it completely backward. I was responding to another's post, not stating it myself. It was RB who stated that his wealth alone is likely reason enough for his young wife to stay with him then is one of the many who label virtually all farangs with young Thai women as fools, delusional, et al. if they think the woman cares for them.

This thread gets 700 responses because it is a good place for us crazies to hang out... :o

Why then, from your first post do you defend yourself, even though nobody has commented upon or attacked your relationship, while you though do take the impolite freedom of attacking others relationships and belittling other posters?

What some posters here attempt to do is defining problem zones of many, if not most mismatched relationships, especially regarding a combination of factors of which age is but one.

You consistently refuse to recognize that there are indeed problematic areas of such relationships at all, but perceive any such attempt as a personal criticism. Your buddies here excel not just in flaming and name calling, but some of your supporters have came up with more than dubious scenarios, of which only one you commented upon with having the bloke's "gonads cut off".

What is attacked here is not your relationship, but your simplistic position and denial as expressed here in this rather enlightening thread.

It is because you posted...

Let's make it simple. Could people here answer the question.

A 60 year old farang and a 20 year old thai girl gets married, both happy with that for whatever reason:

1)Will you people look down on the man? 2)Is it going to be a problem with you?

Yes, and if my dog could fly it would be a bird.

Some things just are not simple, even if we would wish them to be so.

This is what I just posted about selective reading - thanks for making my point. I have indeed agreed with many of the points on here (again, as I just wrote), just don't agree with pasting the labels so incredibly liberally.

Oh, and I think those were my gonads I wrote about..

If marriage was about playing golf, you old guys would have been heros! :D

But marriage is about SEX! Do you copy me??????????????

Just SEX!

And sex is dirty!!!!!!! :o

Do you guys understand now?

Can't believe myself really wasting so much time on something that simple!

Just in case you guys still not see it:

Marriage is ONLY

about

SEX!

Now guys, give me a big hand please! I am sure I have said something no one is going to disagree with!

That would be a very sad marriage indeed if it would only about sex. Marriage is at least as much about partnership, in which communication abilities and some sort of common ground are integral. Raising children is an additional plus.

Marriage is ONLY

about

SEX!

Now guys, give me a big hand please! I am sure I have said something no one is going to disagree with!

That would be a very sad marriage indeed if it would only about sex. Marriage is at least as much about partnership, in which communication abilities and some sort of common ground are integral. Raising children is an additional plus.

:o

:o

Good, we are one step further.

Now - if one cannot communicate with each other beyond a few grunts and a code that can express at most the practical issues of life and no abstract thoughts, what i would call partnership almost impossible.

Would you agree with that as well?

Marriage is ONLY

about

SEX!

You are probably spending a lot of time giving yourself a ' big hand ' if your truly believe that statement as with that attitude I do not know any quality woman that would give you a hand or anything else unless they were the pay as you go type ! :o

Marriage is ONLY

about

SEX!

An entirely sensible reply from Colypat in my opinion with which I heartily concur ...sadly sensible posts on this topic are rapidly becoming hard to find.

'men don't care about sex and women don't care about money. they only care about feelings, the basis for human relationships?'

put 100 Thai men in a room and theyd never come up with something as PC correct and silly as the above. only 100 farang men could come up with something so incorrect and juvenile.