Bigger Girls Not Quite The Truth

booman

I've notice in the last 12 years of visiting LOS that there are a lot more heavier people now than ever before. It is far from the norm, but there are defineatly more now. I don't throw stones as I live in a glass house, but thats just my observation.

My wife's cousin has to be over 300 lbs, and female to boot.

I think people are wealthier now than 12 years ago.

PKG

I've notice in the last 12 years of visiting LOS that there are a lot more heavier people now than ever before. It is far from the norm, but there are defineatly more now. I don't throw stones as I live in a glass house, but thats just my observation.

PKG

Yes, and they started to eat imported-style Junk-Food, like McDonalds and KFC :D

What's more...they didn't ask for it but it arrived one day and were told (on television etc.) it was the magic food from the western world, so it HAD TO BE better than Thai food...yeah right... :D

When I landed for the first time in LOS, some 30+ years ago, there wasn't one of these Junk Food joints.

:o But, there's hope on the horizon and I predict all that bad food will be whiped of the earth.

Healthy food and slim girls; what a better world can 'we' ask for ? :D

LaoPo

'we' as in ..? I think you are making assumptions for a lot of people there LaoPo. Or do you mean from certain male viewpoints?

Of course i can tentatively say 'we' (the vast majority of the population) wish for the world to have a healthy diet and be within a healthy weight limit. That to me is the better world 'we' can ask for.

[Yes, and they started to eat imported-style Junk-Food, like McDonalds and KFC :D

What's more...they didn't ask for it but it arrived one day and were told (on television etc.) it was the magic food from the western world, so it HAD TO BE better than Thai food...yeah right... :o

When I landed for the first time in LOS, some 30+ years ago, there wasn't one of these Junk Food joints.

There was plenty of THAI junk food 30 years ago. I remember all those fried shrimp chips, other chips and stale candies and biscuits that all the little markets carried that were full of sugar and Palm Oil fat. It ismostly all the different THAI junk food that is causing most of the weight gain - very few Thais can eat at western fast food places very often.

PKG

Yes, and they started to eat imported-style Junk-Food, like McDonalds and KFC :D

What's more...they didn't ask for it but it arrived one day and were told (on television etc.) it was the magic food from the western world, so it HAD TO BE better than Thai food...yeah right... :D

:o But, there's hope on the horizon and I predict all that bad food will be whiped of the earth.

Healthy food and slim girls; what a better world can 'we' ask for ? :D

LaoPo

A Thai Dr I know also beleives the increased incidence of breast cancer has been due to the increased dairy produce consumption - dunno if its true though.

Cervical cancer is still the biggest killer of Thai women I beleive but they do have some good prevention programmes and now have something quite novel with the "Mother and daughter" programme

It's hardly rocket science - look at the amount of refined sugar the average bargirl gets through, most of them drink coke. Your starting to see a lot more fat kids now, 'wealthy" parents, give them what they want - worked well in the West! :o

Cheers

Yes I noticed it too. I came 12 years ago also and every 4 years after. Im small only 5'8" and 145 lbs. Back then I felt like a giant. I was 3" taller than most men even the cops were small. Now Im just adverage size and I never saw a obesse thai the first 2 times. But now there plenty and seeing some thai that close to 6' is normal. BTW Im still 5'8" and 145 lbs.

I think I mentioned my thoughts in the previous post that was hijacked.

It's not necessarily the fast-food but more to do with the processed food. 25 years ago the only supermarket was Spinneys and it was very limited and with almost 100% farang patronage. Thais shopped almost exclusively at the market or the local mom and pop stores. Then came Foodland and while I was away, all the others, each one bigger than the last, all with their pre-packaged, pre-cut, pre-processed convenience food. There's a 7-11 or Family Mart every 300 meters and they sell 'to-go' food for the masses. More people, regardless of their income are either 'dining out' or buying something that needs only a few minutes in the microwave at home.

Combine that with less exercise, less sidewalks, no parks and gardens, no cycle paths and increasingly sedentary leisure activities, TV, DVD's, gaming (and more forums than you can shake a stick at) and the weight goes on. Witness the recent epidemic of broken wheels on TV'ers office chairs!

It's been said that he girls are getting fatter, I don't see it. Maybe the same old girls are... Don't we all?

Is the thread about Thai junk food or the "he girls"?

I havent seen a fat katoey ! :o Joking aside Ronald bloody Mcdonald turned up with a tribe of buddies at my 5 year old daughters school educating them at the marvels of mcdonalds food ? i was furious, next thing you know she wants to go there, marvellous ! Edited by mikethevigoman

Joking aside Ronald bloody Mcdonald turned up with a tribe of buddies at my 5 year old daughters school educating them at the marvels of mcdonalds food ? i was furious, next thing you know she wants to go there, marvellous !

Now that's crass...would have been the last day my kids visit that school!

Yes I noticed it too. I came 12 years ago also and every 4 years after. Im small only 5'8" and 145 lbs. Back then I felt like a giant. I was 3" taller than most men even the cops were small. Now Im just adverage size and I never saw a obesse thai the first 2 times. But now there plenty and seeing some thai that close to 6' is normal. BTW Im still 5'8" and 145 lbs.

When going to work in Hong Kong, on the MTRC or KCR, I always had to stand because of the crowded carriages.

The fifty-year-olds and older were up to my chest - the over thirties were up to my shoulder - the teens and twenties were my (6ft) height.

Better diet - better health. But seldom saw a fat chinese. (The fat ones all had Mercedes')

Joking aside Ronald bloody Mcdonald turned up with a tribe of buddies at my 5 year old daughters school educating them at the marvels of mcdonalds food ? i was furious, next thing you know she wants to go there, marvellous !

Now that's crass...would have been the last day my kids visit that school!

IM thinking along those lines,but could it happen at the next one ?

I think men tend to be soo judgmental when it come to womens bodies.

ROTFLMAO :o

IME not half as judgmental (and vocal about it) as the "Sisters" are about each other...........

FWIW I too have noticed the super sizing in Thailand - I reckon 1 or 2 of the kids must be force fed Mc D to get to their jumbo size.

My vote is on "processed sh#t" being added to the Thai diet (even in stuff which appears unprocessed the stuff added is quite disturbing - but tastes good :D ), Thai food from a supermarket same same farang food.........I think it is called progress.