Gay Conversions, As Soon On Cnn

Weho

I just saw a teaser commercial on CNN for a show coming soon on so-called "gay conversions", where they supposedly convert a gay person to become heterosexual.

In the commercial, the fake "minister" encourages gays, (who want to become magically "straight"), to call their friends "dude", and to drink lots of Gatorade, because it's real masculine.

Will this work?

I tried it, and I still listen to Broadway musicals.

Any suggestions what else to try?

But in college splitting a 12 pack of beer could convert a few of my frat bro's into gays

Yes - memories - 'proving' to straight guys that they are really bisexual ... after they had a few drinks. I must have been quite evil when I was younger.

Peter

One of the better qualities of Pattya is that nobody cares about what the other guy is doing

Of course they do but maybe its not in your face. Go into the pattaya forum on TV and the gay bashers will be out in force. Pattaya is full of bigots but luckily for gays most dont show it in public.

Seriously, the religious 'conversions' from gay to straight don't work any better than the religious conversions from straight to gay. Oops, that wasn't too serious!

Some of the religious converters were former gays who then became former straights because their own conversion didn't work. It's an old joke in evangelism, that some evangelists can't save themselves.

Do any of you straight guys think any religion could convert you to gay? Well, what's good for the goose is good for the gooser. If you don't convert, I won't convert (back to straight again) either.

For me, Gays can not be cured. "Gay" is not a disease as virus or bacteria infection,therefore, they need not to be cured

It is just people's preference. Just likes somebody loves sweet or salty food.Some people love marmite while others love vegimite.

Gays born to be "Gay" ,it is similar as Boys born to be boys and Girls born to be girls.

For me, Gays can not be cured. "Gay" is not a disease as virus or bacteria infection,therefore, they need not to be cured

It is just people's preference. Just likes somebody loves sweet or salty food.Some people love marmite while others love vegimite.

Gays born to be "Gay" ,it is similar as Boys born to be boys and Girls born to be girls.

I agree with Bambi! It's about preference and choice - just like my heterosexuality is!

Let me remind you folks that this is the gay forum. That's the forum where gay folks and their friends hang out. It's not a place where we have to justify our existence nor is it a place where we're told that we need to be 'cured'. If you can't just accept us the way we are then the gay forum is not the place for you.

I just saw a teaser commercial on CNN for a show coming soon on so-called "gay conversions", where they supposedly convert a gay person to become heterosexual.

In the commercial, the fake "minister" encourages gays, (who want to become magically "straight"), to call their friends "dude", and to drink lots of Gatorade, because it's real masculine.

Will this work?

I'm not aware of this show. I have several friends who are producers at CNN and I'll give them a call to find out more about the show. I just cannot fathom CNN airing a show about "gay conversions." The insult it would create for the gay community would certainly result in a major league shitstorm in the USA.

Will this work?

I'm not aware of this show. I have several friends who are producers at CNN and I'll give them a call to find out more about the show. I just cannot fathom CNN airing a show about "gay conversions." The insult it would create for the gay community would certainly result in a major league shitstorm in the USA.

CNN has been airing the promos for a few days... and they have this wacked out "ex-gay", who is literally OFF the "nellie scale" talking about about being "cured". And wasn't there a story a few years back about one of these creatures who was like the self-appointed president of "Exodus", the pretend ministry who started all this, who was CAUGHT INSIDE a gay bar, in Washington D.C., while still president... and he gave the excuse that he was lost, and needed directions... I think they kicked him out. Oh well.

Regarding the "Gay Conversion" piece on CNN:

Talked to a friend of mine who is a producer at CNN. They aired a 20-minute segment on "Paula Zahn Now" on July 27th about the 40th anniversary of gay conversion therapy performed by the American Psychological Association. The object of the piece was to discuss whether this therapy was successful. They had a few "success" stories. They focused on one young man who had been sent to a special "straight camp" called "Love in Action." But the piece was generally critical of the this conversion therapy process. Several psychologists who were interviewed said the conversion therapy, when applied to young people in their 'teens, had a devastating psychological affect on them in later life. My friend said CNN received a lot of negative comments from viewers about the piece. Unfortunately I didn't see it so I can't comment on the quality of the segment.

Hope that answers your question about what you saw being promoted by CNN.

Edited by farang prince

UPDATE: The shows will air on CNN this Saturday, tomorrow, at either 5 PM or 6 PM, local Thailand time... CNN flashes up the time for about 1/4 of one second, with a list of cities and times it airs in. It might be a full one hour show, so enjoy.

UPDATE: The shows will air on CNN this Saturday, tomorrow, at either 5 PM or 6 PM, local Thailand time... CNN flashes up the time for about 1/4 of one second, with a list of cities and times it airs in. It might be a full one hour show, so enjoy.

Okay, good to know. This will air on CNN International. It will be interesting if they use the same package or update it after the criticism they received. I'll get a friend to TIVO it for me.

I don't think that gayness is hardwired at birth for each and every gay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but out of about 10% of total population who exhibit gay behavior only 2% cannot possible be turned on by opposite sex.

Do you describe the remaining 8% as bisexuals?

I supposed some in that group can be "converted" from staying away from gay sex.

The percentage I mentioned is from some old often quoted study.

>>>

Horny males can shag pretty much anything. It doesn't automatically make them gay.

Therapy can possibly make them a bit more restrained, i.e. only to your own species, and only of opposite sex.

I have never seen this work...

But in college splitting a 12 pack of beer could convert a few of my frat bro's into gays :o

:D

"I'm not REALLY gay but do you think you could just......"

if your gay your gay , nothing can change that.........

I'm pretty sure it will be 5 PM Thailand time... I think it flashes "6 PM HONG KONG TIME", which is 5 PM Thailand time, right?

I'll be watching... with a big jug of Gatorade next to me.... DUDE.

And by the way, I think 100% of the world is "gay"... that's just my opinion... 98% are in denial...

I have never seen this work...

But in college splitting a 12 pack of beer could convert a few of my frat bro's into gays :o

:D

"I'm not REALLY gay but do you think you could just......"

if your gay your gay , nothing can change that.........

You're preaching at the choir, dear.. :D

Yet another update... seems CNN has TWO different schedules on THEIR webisite... so I'm guessing the CORRECT show times are:

Saturday: 6 pm Thailand time

Sunday: 5 AM and 5 PM Thailand time.

I guess CNN doesn't think it's important enough to have staff to check these things out... I guess they really don't care if people see their shows or not.