One Day Late For 90 Day Reporting At Pattaya Immigration

I think I know the answer to this ... but I'll ask anyway. I missed my visit to pattaya immigration today, for my 90 day advice of residence (I have one year retirement visa). The little slip they stapled to my passport seems to indicate they have the right to charge me 5000 baht + 200 baht per day. Anyone confirm that's right as the wording isn't exactly good english. If so, are they likely to charge me the full 5000 baht for one day, and if not, are there any good excuses known to work (other than death)? In reality, I thought it was 23rd ... but you'll know what THOUGHT did

Thanks in advance

DIG

You should be OK up to seven days after the stamp date. The max fine anyone has reported is 2,000 baht - but with any luck at all you should not be charged anything.

The Bangkok Immigration web site still reads

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

I'm always nice, Lazeeboy. Unless it's with people who make doors. But that's another story :D First time! I used to do the visa run to Cambodia. But since my new 1 year visa I'm starting to do the 90 day visits to Pattaya immigration. I put it in my new 'bells and whistles' Samsung cellphone. But no bells and whistles went off. Must look at the instructions again :o

Thanks for the reassurance.

dig

Well aren't we the technocrat :o I'll be sure to look up the correct terminology next time. Those who replied seem to have got the jist, anyway. Thanks for buffing up my header, sbk

Final comment, post visit ... The outcome was perfect. The desk jockey didn't bat an eyelid. Just stamped the passport and smiled. I may allow myself to 'believe' for a few days now.

Best to all

dig.

Well aren't we the technocrat :o I'll be sure to look up the correct terminology next time. Those who replied seem to have got the jist, anyway. Thanks for buffing up my header, sbk

Final comment, post visit ... The outcome was perfect. The desk jockey didn't bat an eyelid. Just stamped the passport and smiled. I may allow myself to 'believe' for a few days now.

Best to all

dig.

Curious here:  "... stamped the passport..."  ???

You got a stamp in the passport for the 90-day report of current residency?  A stamp rather than just the torn off bottom of the reporting form, the TM 47 form that has the date for your next report??

Mac