Electric Bill Question

fred110

HI. I have a condo in Pattaya, I was away almost 3 months, breakers were flipped off. My friend paid teh bill after I left, when I returned I had a bill for 50 + baht. What can cause this? A short or something? Thank yoiu.

Can we have a bit of a whip-around for the OP. I'll throw in 10 baht. I could talk to my employers and see if we can contribute from our Community Development Fund; perhaps the OP would like to PM me for an application form.

I'm sure if we all worked hard and adopted the spirit of charity, we could overcome this hardship somehow.

Can we have a bit of a whip-around for the OP. I'll throw in 10 baht. I could talk to my employers and see if we can contribute from our Community Development Fund; perhaps the OP would like to PM me for an application form.

I'm sure if we all worked hard and adopted the spirit of charity, we could overcome this hardship somehow.

Why are there so many a**holes on this forum? I want to know if I might have an electrical problem, not a cah flow problem.

50 baht over three months, and you think it might be an electrical problem? One thing for sure - that missing electricity certainly wasn't powering your common sense.

It's obviously some kind of minimum standing charge. Why sweat the small stuff?

A small amount of electricity leaks out of the holes in the plug. If you put plastic plug covers usually made to protect children over your plugs, no electricity can leak out.

but a good quality glue should be used. if not, then gaps remain where electricity can escape!

A small amount of electricity leaks out of the holes in the plug. If you put plastic plug covers usually made to protect children over your plugs, no electricity can leak out.

but a good quality glue should be used. if not, then gaps remain where electricity can escape!

:o

:o:D

Next we'll be blaming the pulses of cosmic radiation hitting the Van Allen Belt causing minor pulsations in the Earth's magnetic field to energise the coil inside the OP's electricity meter & therefore cause minute changes in the reading.

Really, you two should know better. :D:D

HI. I have a condo in Pattaya, I was away almost 3 months, breakers were flipped off. My friend paid teh bill after I left, when I returned I had a bill for 50 + baht. What can cause this? A short or something? Thank yoiu.

Well... maybe there is a fixed charge. maybe you are not read every month (standard practise in the electricity industry worldwide) meaning that they amortise and estimate every 2nd or 3rd reading, so this is what you owe from a prior period.

Maybe you used power on the first or last day; compare billing periods to your exact dates.

Maybe there is slight usage for some light not controlled by your fuse box; a front door light for instance, or emergency light.

Maybe your friend opened the door and turned the lights on or had a shower once.

50b is hardly going to break the bank; but if you are short, I am happy to lend you 20b.

The number of times I've switched off at the breaker and then still found live connexions beggars belief so that is not the guarantee you might think it is. Is the electricity bill direct from the authority or issued by the building? If issued by the building there may be some 'meter charge'.

Regards

The amount of electricity you use is read by a meter man every month outside your house. When you left, was the wheel inside your meter still spinning? If so, it would explain your 50 baht charge. If not, then you probable have a reason to complain.

Flip off all your circuit breakers again and go check your meter. If it spins, your losing electricity somewhere between your circuit box and your meter.

It could be something as simple as the meter being read a few days before you left.

Example:

The meter is read on May 25th

You leave on May 28th

The bill is received and payed by your friend on June 4th

You still owe electricity for the period May 25th until May 28th even though your friend have paid the bill after you left.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

Next we'll be blaming the pulses of cosmic radiation hitting the Van Allen Belt causing minor pulsations in the Earth's magnetic field to energise the coil inside the OP's electricity meter & therefore cause minute changes in the reading.

the OP should also check whether pregnant women have access or pass near his breakers. it is a well known fact that pregnancies cause leaks.

:D

The amount of electricity you use is read by a meter man every month outside your house. When you left, was the wheel inside your meter still spinning? If so, it would explain your 50 baht charge. If not, then you probable have a reason to complain.

Flip off all your circuit breakers again and go check your meter. If it spins, your losing electricity somewhere between your circuit box and your meter.

Just to reiterate, this is not necessarily the case; if internal billing then highly likely; if you get your bill from the MEA or similar, then probably readings every 2 or 3 months.

Standing charge is 40.9 baht per month.

Plus 7% VAT, makes a total of 43.76 baht per month.

Why are there so many a**holes on this forum?

They have a reputation to maintain. :o

Edited by JetsetBkk

the OP should also check whether pregnant women have access or pass near his breakers. it is a well known fact that pregnancies cause leaks.

in my very recent experience, you have that backwards: its the leaks that cause pregnancies.

:D

Have we had a tipple or two today?

Cheers

in my very recent experience, you have that backwards: its the leaks that cause pregnancies.

not electrical ones :D

:D:o

Always remember to leave a window slightly open while away for a longish time to avoid a

dangerous buildup of leaked electricity.

Naka.