Angthong Hospital

pilgrim2505

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I live just to the N.East of Ang Thong, but have no knowledge of the hospitals there. Both of my children were born in Thai Government hospitals (my wife is Thai), the best way to find a good hospital is to join one of the local Ante Natal clinics. If you ask around and find a reccomended doctor then thats "half of the battle". All the doctors have their own private clinic and most work in or visit more than one hospital, once you are enrolled in the doctors clinic he/she will reccomend a hospital to suit your needs/price range. The doctor will make the arrangements at that hospital and book you a private room etc, He/She will be at the hospital to deliver the baby when the time arrives.

Most of the clinics are inexpensive, normally you will just have to attend once a month if all is well. A record of the babys progress is kept in a booklet (which incidently even has a blank Birth certificate attached), the doctor will do the ultra sound examination at the appropriate time and if you request it, tell you gender of the baby.

11 years ago when my eldest child was born, before the advent of the B30 medical scheme. It cost me a total of B7000 inclusive of a private room,

4 years ago when my youngest child was born (after the introduction of the B30 medical scheme) the cost was just B3500. We only had to pay for the private room.

The cost of the monthly visits to the clinic averaged out at about B500 a visit.

Hope some of this helps you in your situation, hope all goes well for you.

regards Nibor.

Hi i worked in Ang thong for 6 months while there two thai teachers had babies in the main ang thong hospital and when we visted the hospital was ok both had normal births and went home after 1 days rest , there is a private hospital at the othere end of ang thong , past the market on the ring road only know one person who went there , she said it was good and they have a few doctors that speak english .

hope this helps