Retirement Visa Oa

Pat, how can it be? The type O was issued after the retirement visa.

The word RETIREMENT is very clear and I did not do a visa run for a year.

Your confusion is that you think that the O-A is the only retirement visa. The O-A is the visa issued OUTSIDE Thailand for retirement, and it enables a full 12 month stay to be granted on arrival at the airport. The O enables only a 90 day stay, and is easily extended at Immigration for a year at a time. Essentially the only difference is that period of stay granted on first arrival. The O is a breeze, while the O-A requires police and medical clearances, and triplicated notorizations prior to issue

I'm confused???????????

Ok, imagine that I never applied for or was issued with a type O, EVER!

Where does that leave us?

You seem to be leaning on the type O for some reason.

Please treat the type O as a red herring!

The tiny word/stamp "retirement" IS in my passport and was good for 1 year...and WAS issued by the Suan Phlu office a year BEFORE the type O.

geeeeez!

Can you describe your visa?

No, sorry, the page is a "dog's dinner".

I will try to scan it and post it here later in the week.

My visa history is 2 yrs back to back tourist visas, then a retirement one yr visa, last year I obtained a Type O for 15 months.

I'm now applying for a work permit as MD of my own co. :o

You seem to have obtained an O visa, or so you said.

You  were  lucky..........above  are  requirements  as  laid  down  on  the  MFA  website........

Hey thaiflyer1 - I was working on my post while you were sending yours!

So where did you get this information? I didn't realise you could get an "O-A" from within Thailand.

Not sure why you said he was "lucky", it looks like you can get an "O-A" at Soi Suan Phlu - just like udon did..

When i said he was lucky i meant they could of asked to see a lot more i.e medical certificate etc. Website is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (the Govt Dept that lay down the Regs) http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php An aside i think you initially only got a single entry Non Imm visa, how much did you pay? single is 40 pound sterling and multiple which would of given you a year is 90 pound sterling

Sorry thaiflyer1, missed your post. Yes, I've been to that site before, and it describes exactly what I did for the O-A visa. I paid only 15 UK pounds (about 1,000 baht) in 2002, and yes, it was a single entry Non-Imm. "O-A" visa and valid for 3 months. As soon as I got to bkk (within the 3 months, naturally), I got a multiple re-entry permit (in those days, only 1,000 baht).

I presume the £40/£90 fee you mention is the new, current rate :o .