Hdd To A Dvd Player?

Tatler

I have just bought a philips DVP 5965 dvd player, it has a USB slot and thinking that i could just plug my HDD into it and then watch movies. But it is saying it is non-supported !! does anyone know how to change or re-format my HDD to get it to work?? or just take it back and get the money back?? cheers

You may have to format your HDD to be FAT32 compliant. It it is formatted as NTFS it won't work.

Btw, if the HDD currently has data on it, you want to back it up (elsewhere) if you plan to do the reformatting.

Edited by Gumballl

You may have to format your HDD to be FAT32 compliant. It it is formatted as NTFS it won't work.

Btw, if the HDD currently has data on it, you want to back it up (elsewhere) if you plan to do the reformatting.

Thanks, I have cleared the data off the HDD onto the D drive, then split the HDD to 31.98GB the max for FAT 32 format, and put the rest of the space as NTFS and still doesn't work. in the book it can support PDD is that different to a HDD?? if it is it won't work and i'll take it bake and get my money back. Cheers for your help, if any more information please let me know.

Tatler

Guest Reimar

Thanks, I have cleared the data off the HDD onto the D drive, then split the HDD to 31.98GB the max for FAT 32 format, and put the rest of the space as NTFS and still doesn't work. in the book it can support PDD is that different to a HDD?? if it is it won't work and i'll take it bake and get my money back. Cheers for your help, if any more information please let me know.

Tatler

The PDD can be Sony's "Professional Disk for Data" and that is stopped by Sony already!

If that is a Drive than it's meaning the first Blue-Ray Drive with 23 GB!

I think you should check very carfully what you've got!

Tatler

The PDD can be Sony's "Professional Disk for Data" and that is stopped by Sony already!

PDD in the booklet said portable disk drive but no HDD?? all i wanted was to play DiVX movies on it and attach my HDD to save burning DVD's, but since a DIVX is 1,999baht and i paid 5,500 baht its a waste of money. Will using that money to....................??? thanks for your info mate

Tatler

PDD in the booklet said portable disk drive but no HDD?? all i wanted was to play DiVX movies on it and attach my HDD to save burning DVD's, but since a DIVX is 1,999baht and i paid 5,500 baht its a waste of money. Will using that money to....................??? thanks for your info mate

I've got a similar player, with a usb port. It won't play files from some things (psp for example) when i plug into usb port. However, I bought a 2gb usb memory stick, and it works really well, saves on disk and they are pretty cheap (about 900 baht). I think this will work for you.

I have a nifty portable hard drive / DivX player, just a bit bigger than a regular 2.5" external drive. Cost 1100 Baht (without a drive), plugs into the telly or a VGA monitor, it's my overseas survival kit with 100 Gigs of decent TV to watch :o

Much nicer than using the PC to play, has a remote.

It's played everything I've given it, DivX, Xvid, mpeg 1, mpeg 2, ripped DVDs and it plays mp3 files too.

This is a similar device http://www.final4u.com/store/25-divx-hardd...otg-p-2447.html

ERR no idea why you bother, but have no idea why you are trying to connect a DVD player to your hard drive.......... :o:D

Myself I bought a Router [1.700 baht] and set up 'Network sharing' on my PC via USB to the TV..

I can watch anything from my DVD in the PC, + anything on the hard drive on my 42" Plasma TV.. [ I mean anything DVD's, Pictures, Word documents]

Sometime one buys a DVD that will not work in a DVD player, but it will work just fine in the PC :D

I have just bought a philips DVP 5965 dvd player, it has a USB slot and thinking that i could just plug my HDD into it and then watch movies. But it is saying it is non-supported !! does anyone know how to change or re-format my HDD to get it to work?? or just take it back and get the money back?? cheers

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=39338