Thai Food Or Farang Food?

dandare

hi all,

having been together with my wife for 5 years, i now find that i eat thai food about 80% of the time. only eating farang food on the odd occastion. this is also the case when working in farang land. when visiting family in the uk my wife cooks thai food and on the whole everyone seems to enjoy. i still enjoy the odd fry up for breakfast and a nice cooked sunday dinner but on the whole its mainly thai. how about everyone else whats your prefarance. :o

I came back in July alone - my girlfriend is waiting on Visa and since i have been back i have cooked Thai Food for myself most days and eat @ 70% Thai, 20% Farang and 10% other.

I missed Thailand so much when i returned in this order 1. my Girlfriend 2. The people 3.the food 4. Muay Thai (which is why i went originally).

I think when she comes i can give up Farang food for 95% of the time, theres something good about eating Red Curry for breakfast. LOL

I will only eat Farang food with my children and that will be Roast dinner.

I can wait for the cook to come to UK :-)

I will go for Thai food 98% of the time. I have to say we did eat at a KFC once in Thailand but that is it. In the U.S. my wife makes Thai food when she cooks, but due to her work now, that is only once or maybe twice a week. Then I'm on my own to improvise on the grill.

seems im not alone then. farang food just seems so bland now,give me thai anytime. helps having a great cook for a wife. alot of people will look at something on a plate but not try, i like to try first, then if i dont like it fair enough. like most things though.

I guess I'm addicted to Thai food. Maybe the best thing is the vast variety of dishes. Put me at about 95 percent. Of course it helps if your wife is a great cook. Once in a while my wife will make me a bacon and egg sandwich and also whenever a kind soul brings box of Velveeta cheese over for me, a toasted cheese sandwich is good too.