Speech Therapists, Any Thoughts?

Ajarn

Hello, my friend (me) has a problem talking due to a stroke, and I'm looking for any suggestions.. In the last couple of years I tried diet and accupuncture and some other electrical device... I'm thinking now that maybe I should be seeking 'Doctors'. :o

If you have an experience, either positive or negative, I'd like to hear it, please.

Had a friend in a similar situation who made some progress with a licensed Speach Therapist, not a doctor, in the States. I sat in on some of it and remember them singing and talking about easy things. Don't know if they have Speach Therapists here but you might inquire at Suan Dok or CMU medical school. Best of luck.

Maybe the karmas not right. Here today gone tomorrow. Great believer in Karma,

Concept

The explanation of karma can differ per tradition. Usually it is believed to be a sum of all that an individual has done, is currently doing and will do. The results or "fruits" of actions are called karma-phala. Karma is not about retribution, vengeance, punishment or reward; karma simply deals with what is. The effects of all deeds actively create past, present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to others. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well. It is cumulative.

One of the bigger international schools in CM might have such a person attached/ be able to put you in touch.

Otherwise, you might find someone in BKK (or elsewhere) who could work with you online. You could probably manage this with a simple web-cam.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...