Best Mobile Phone/camera Currently?

Jimmyd

I can highly recommend the Sony Ericsson k790i which is what I have. It has a 3.2 MPixel Sony Cybershot camera with all the bells and whistles of a digital camera - auto focus, anti-shake, xenon flash etc. Also built in MP3 player, FM radio, GPRS/EDGE, Bluetooth etc. Specs can be seen here > http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=glo...1&pid=10409

Without a doubt the K790 or K800 (region dependant) is the best camera phone on the current market..

But if you can hold out a month or two you should see the K850i 5MP cybershot phone out from SE which ups the anti even further.. I fully expect this to be the same kind of quality as entry level point and shoot digi's.

I am hanging on for it.

nokia 6110 navigator.... good value, and has GPS covering all of thailand,. I've been using it, accurate and covers everywhere. even business locator included. It is worth buying just for this feature. But it has all the other nokia stuff too. only negative is the camera not too great (2mp).

worth alook IMO

The Nokia N73 has a great quality camera witha carl zeiss lens, but I wouldn't recommend the phone in general, it is buggy and tries to pack too much into itself.

Had one & got rid of it. Pretty screen but just way too buggy.

The camera bugs annoyed me the most, to be honest, here's a list:

- Takes a long time to enable camera even under normal circumstances. Subjects have likely left by the time the camera has started

- Slider sensor flaky - my camera would often turn off towards the end because the phone thought I had moved the slider back to closed position.

- Sometimes it takes for freakin-ever for the camera to start

- The WORST one last: Camera loses auto-focus. I would often shoot 10 or more photos before noticing that the auto-focus had stopped working and the camera was now taking one blurry shot after another. This always happened when switching to close-up mode and back. But also happened sometimes for no reason. The only remedy was to restart the phone.

Now once the camera was started and ready, and when it wasn't having the auto focus problem, it took pretty nice pics :o

The Nokia N73 has a great quality camera witha carl zeiss lens, but I wouldn't recommend the phone in general, it is buggy and tries to pack too much into itself.

Had one & got rid of it. Pretty screen but just way too buggy.

The camera bugs annoyed me the most, to be honest, here's a list:

- Takes a long time to enable camera even under normal circumstances. Subjects have likely left by the time the camera has started

- Slider sensor flaky - my camera would often turn off towards the end because the phone thought I had moved the slider back to closed position.

- Sometimes it takes for freakin-ever for the camera to start

- The WORST one last: Camera loses auto-focus. I would often shoot 10 or more photos before noticing that the auto-focus had stopped working and the camera was now taking one blurry shot after another. This always happened when switching to close-up mode and back. But also happened sometimes for no reason. The only remedy was to restart the phone.

Now once the camera was started and ready, and when it wasn't having the auto focus problem, it took pretty nice pics :o

about the only good N series phone of Nokia would be the n95. if not a battery drainer, it does have good reviews on its picture taking capabilities.

Bored @ work, Just looking on ebay. Saw this...

SONY ERICSSON P1i PDA; 3.2MP cam Digital zoom 3x, Talk time GSM/UMTS: Up to 10 hrs/3 hrs 30 min, Standby time GSM/UMTS: Up to 440 hrs/350 hrs.

sony-ericsson-p1.jpg

SAMSUNG U600 ULTRA EDITION; Standby time 250 hours, Talk time 3.5 hours, 3.2 Megapixel Camera, Maximum photo resolution 2048x1536 pixels.

b146199.jpg

And, ofcourse, The N series :o

Dunno what this is, looks cool though:

sonyericsson_s500i_2.jpg