Bbq Bob's Carrefour Closed?

piker

I was in conversation with a close friend of Bob's this morning who confirmed both his restaurants are closed and he's out of business altogether. To further the speculation; his website "has been suspended."

edit: Just called Bob myself and he says he's "closed for reorganization" for a few weeks. All 3 branches will be closed until then.

Will Bob's BBQ see the light of day again? We'll all know in a few weeks. Good luck Bob.

Edited by piker

We want you back Bob. Had a pulled pork BBQ sandwich, with BBQ beans and slaw for a very low price. Great value and delicious.

'pulled pork' ???

Didn't think anyone did that in Pattaya.

I think it was pulled pork. Anyway, I think Great American Rib Company on Thepprasit does it as well.

From another board:

"I was in Bob's company for a fair bit of last night.

I regret to inform you that ALL of Bob's Food Outlets will be closed until further notice while the Company undergoes Corporate Reconstructuring."

I would like to know how "corporate restructuring" sounds like when it's fully spelled out... :o

Sigh. I don't enjoy gossip but the word out is that Bob's partners have been getting in the way and Bob is frustrated. So he couldn't decide what to do about this problem. Carrefour was making no money. Most people don't go to the Carrefour food court to spend 200 baht on a meal and that was a big part of the problem. So a few days ago, Bob decided to simply close down. His partners won't want anything else in the resto business so Bob can easily liquidate everything and then <poof> reopen in a few weeks all by himself with the burger format but without the annoyance of partners.

This is the gossip and this is only a forum so take it all with a grain of salt. I like Bob and wish him all the best.

I would like to know how "corporate restructuring" sounds like when it's fully spelled out... :o

and then <poof> reopen in a few weeks all by himself with the burger format but without the annoyance of partners.

Ummm, and without his annoying partners he wouldn't have had a business!!! Where do you think the money came from?

Carrefour was making no money. Most people don't go to the Carrefour food court to spend 200 baht on a meal and that was a big part of the problem.

well...my question was rather rethoric.... :o

anyways, since we're talking about it...The above pretty much sums up what I also thought. Bob's BBQ was not only much better but also much more expensive than the other food in that foodcourt...and, moreover, it took much longer to prepare. The staff was not at peak performance either.....

Sigh. I don't enjoy gossip but the word out is that Bob's partners have been getting in the way and Bob is frustrated. So he couldn't decide what to do about this problem. Carrefour was making no money. Most people don't go to the Carrefour food court to spend 200 baht on a meal and that was a big part of the problem. So a few days ago, Bob decided to simply close down. His partners won't want anything else in the resto business so Bob can easily liquidate everything and then <poof> reopen in a few weeks all by himself with the burger format but without the annoyance of partners.

This is the gossip and this is only a forum so take it all with a grain of salt. I like Bob and wish him all the best.

CORRECT

Just wait a few weeks and Bob will be back. Just a business thing.

If I had a Thai partner with a loss, I would be watching my back.

What a scumbag lowlife you are for posting crap like this making veiled threats!

Since you imply first hand knowledge of Thai businessman and how they react to business losses, why don’t you inform us of how your Thai partners kick your ass and let you live to talk about here?

Or are you saying that all Thai’s become violate when confronted with losing money in a business venture?

Or are you one of Bob’s former partner’s that put up a little bit of money that did not realize that businesses often absorb loses at first and take time to gain popularity and become profitable.

Please note, I have NO affiliation with Bob what-so-ever. I have eaten at his restaurant maybe 5 times in the 3 years I have been here. But, if there is anybody that ever should be kicked off this site it is you. <snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
Comments about moderation deleted

What a scumbag lowlife you are for posting crap like this making veiled threats!

Since you imply first hand knowledge of Thai businessman and how they react to business losses, why don’t you inform us of how your Thai partners kick your ass and let you live to talk about here?

Or are you saying that all Thai’s become violate when confronted with losing money in a business venture?

Or are you one of Bob’s former partner’s that put up a little bit of money that did not realize that businesses often absorb loses at first and take time to gain popularity and become profitable.

Please note, I have NO affiliation with Bob what-so-ever. I have eaten at his restaurant maybe 5 times in the 3 years I have been here. But, if there is anybody that ever should be kicked off this site it is you. <snip>

Talk about an over reaction! I think the guy was just making a point about some Thai, and lets fact it farang partners in this town and country.

I don't know Bob that well, but I did have a conversation with him at the start of his venture and I know he was being financially supported by partners. If businesses are making a loss then the money side of it are certainly with-in their right to pull out if the losses are unacceptable to them. I am not saying this has happened here. Just passing a comment.

Just expressing my opinion.

I would suggest you seek help for your SEVERE mental problems.

Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...