Do Thais Ever Comment On Your Partners Ethnicity?

JohnnyThai

Yes, it is so confusing. My husband is dark and a native of central Chiang Mai; his best friend is Tai Yong and lighter; my MaeHongSon boyfriend is one half Tai Yai and quite light, and that other boyfriend from southern CMai province may also have been Tai Yong, and spoke about visiting relatives in China...oh wait, this is a troll-fest, and here I am telling medium porkies.....

I'm curious how the OP's Thai girlfriend feels about his Thai-Chinese wife and what the interpersonal relationship is like when they are in bed together without him. Do they prefer white sheets or dark sheets? Does she go South when the wife is pointing to the North? Does he have photographs to post? How about YouTube video, perhaps?

and how do their bed activities come into play with his other thread?

Do you think Bangkok is going to be swallowed by the sea?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140683

Edited by sriracha john

WE live in the village where my wife grew up. Why would anyone mention her ethnicity? There are some Thais with chinese ancestors here and the only time their ethnicity gets mentioned is when its chinese new years and they invite everyone over for traditional eats....that's about all there is to it around here....except for me of course..I'm the ethnic oddball I guess....they think I'm a foreigner!!!!

And let's not forget there are of course plenty of poor Thai-Chinese as well. I even discovered a Thai-Chinese semi skilled laborer on one of our construction crews not too long ago.

Unbelievable. You really are beginning to show your true colours.

What are you talking about? It was a rare occasion indeed.

:o

They look at us and with a sort of mystified expression comment that I am a farang and that my wife isn't 'see dam'. My wife was confused, until I explained to her that most farang perfer Isaan women.

Of course while you are constructing these explainations in your own head 'that Thais around you are suprised you are not married to a dark skinned girl from Isaan (because that, afterall is what you are saying), you may be entirely wrong.

The bemused look might just be people puzzled at what your wife is doing with you - Period.

In your haste to tell us about how much 'better' your wife is than the 'kind of girl that marries foreigners' you've told us that there is obviously something amiss.

IF your wife is so removed from those dark skinned Isaan girls and people see you being together as an oddity, then it begs the question, what is the matter with you?

If you yourself were respectable, well mannered, well turned out and generally 'Reap Roy' Thais around you would not look at you or be puzzled at why your wife is with you.

Nes Pas?!

Edited by GuestHouse

My gf was born in Vietnam to Chinese parents who were both killed in the war. She grew up with Thai relatives since she was 3. She is clearly Chinese and her friends make good natured jokes about it. Others she meets tend to comment on it after they've known her awhile. I've never seen anyone come right up and inquire about it.

They look at us and with a sort of mystified expression comment that I am a farang and that my wife isn't 'see dam'. My wife was confused, until I explained to her that most farang perfer Isaan women.

Of course while you are constructing these explainations in your own head 'that Thais around you are suprised you are not married to a dark skinned girl from Isaan (because that, afterall is what you are saying), you may be entirely wrong.

The bemused look might just be people puzzled at what your wife is doing with you - Period.

In your haste to tell us about how much 'better' your wife is than the 'kind of girl that marries foreigners' you've told us that there is obviously something amiss.

IF your wife is so removed from those dark skinned Isaan girls and people see you being together as an oddity, then it begs the question, what is the matter with you?

If you yourself were respectable, well mannered, well turned out and generally 'Reap Roy' Thais around you would not look at you or be puzzled at why your wife is with you.

Nes Pas?!

Thai Visa Old Boys 3 - 0 JohhnyThai/BangkokSingapore

I put them together as they are one, as sure as eggs is eggs.

Edited by Maigo6

Can I ask where I can get a bit of the stuff that eveyone is having?

You feeeeeeeeelthy beast :o that "bit of stuff" is my wife!!!!!! (Disgusted of Birmingham) :D

I am a bushman from the southern kalahari and stand 4 feet five, my wife is the daughter of a masia chief and stands 6 feet three. We get many stares when we are in thailand, I put it down to the age difference, she is 35 and I am 50

great photo and coloring. anymore photos of that afternoon?

Wife with friend and wife on her own silouhetted against evening sun ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h101/pmrose18/9.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h101/pmrose18/5.jpg

Don't post photos of your wife on the internet on an anonymous forum. It's irresponsible to your wife.

Excuse my ignorance, but does it matter if you wife/g/f is Thai or Thai Chinese? I have never discussed it with my g/f and never even thought about it.

I dont care, she is a woman who I care for very much.

Does it make any difference? :o

Her surname is Siriwong, does that make her Thai or Thai Chinese's, Who gives a hoot?