Strange Rash

stevenjm

Yeh, thanks.

I just returned from a two dollar phnom penh doctor and although I'm not convinced he knew exactly what it was he was adament it was not herpes.

He also said it was moisture related and gave me some different cream - betamethasone with something also for bacterial infection. Can't remeber the name but I'll post it if the stuff works.

Guess I won't know until I get to BK and have it checked properly but I'm feeling slightly more confident (about as much as you can be from a 2 dollar doctor)

Still worried slightly though as although the area is where my nuts would normally rub against and be moist from ball sweat its also the same area a woman causes a lot of friction if on top. crossing my fingers - this has scared the shit out of me.

Betnovate-N cream from Glaxo is the popular thing here in Thailand for cuts. Betamethasone and Neomycin sulphate combo.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the students commented on the many stories of surgeons operating while under the influence. The old Cajeon surgeon conducting the class replied, "Son if ya caint operate drunk, ya shouldent be operatin" at all."

I think that sounds scary and like true cowboy mentality. Kinda like "if you can't DUI you shouldn't be driving a car at all". What a load of bull, I hope the guy got caught and lost whatever license he had.

stevenjm

Oh yeah and how did he make the differential diagnosis of your rash. Did he do a scraping and stain or culture, blood work or just look at it.

If he just looked at it you haven't been diagnosed properly.

Again don't play with this. I would love to be wrong and find it indeed is febrile dermatiitis/heat rash.

Now I'll take two more aspirin and call you in the morning...

Thanks pepe I'll take your advice.

no cultures etc taken it was diagnosed by sight only. I was sort of happy with his very confident " no its not herpes" but then I'm a sucker for being told what I want to hear.

prescribed gentriderm and I have to say its getting better today and seems to be working well - not to say that perhaps this just coincides with the outbrake period for the visible part of herpes and that it would have gone anyway but feeling pretty confident none the less.

whattodo - Am hoping I'm in a similar situation to you - again the cream seems to be working well.

Betnovate-N cream from Glaxo is the popular thing here in Thailand for cuts.  Betamethasone and Neomycin sulphate combo.

No way I'd be routinely applying Betnovate-N to cuts. Topical corticosteroids have too many contra-indications to be dispensed without prescription, IMO.

What are the contra-indications for corticosteroids anyway? I know steroids are considered a bad form for body builders, but when it's in an oinment?

One of the students commented on the many stories of surgeons operating while under the influence.  The old Cajeon surgeon conducting the class  replied, "Son if ya caint operate drunk, ya shouldent be operatin" at all."

I think that sounds scary and like true cowboy mentality. Kinda like "if you can't DUI you shouldn't be driving a car at all". What a load of bull, I hope the guy got caught and lost whatever license he had.

Hey I don't make the news, I just report it.

Do you want to hear about the anestesiologists that shoot up on weekends with drugs left over fron surgical proceedures.

Or the special "hush hush" wards at some hospitals used to detox doctors, nurses and pharmacists.

They are all some of the biggest druggies out there.

I always liked catching a nurse when she had a good buzz on. :o

A few years back there was talk of passing a law for mandatory drug testing for primary care physicians and all the other allied health care professionals.

:o:D:D Surprise surprise it went down in flames because they knew if they started testing they'd lose half the hospital staff.

But we sure are going to keep a close eye on check out clerks in the super market and the guys working in the lunber yard at home depot.

"This is a drug free work place" what a joke.

If you knew how much drug abuse was going on in the health care proffession you'd have a coniption. But they are professionals. :D

Kinda like telling the people workin in the Deli not to be sampleing the sliced pastrami and corned beef from the case huh?

Brewery workers always get a free hour in the tap room before going home after a hard day at work, so whats the diff.?

On a similar note, I've been told that there's a couple of white spots on my neck that makes me look like I have the plague -- a bit of an exaggeration I think. I would go to see the doctor, but I may get laughed out of there, so I think I'll just put some steroid cream on them for the time being and see what happens.

Glad that your rash is improving.

(Things may be looking up; I see that I just graduated to "member" from "newbie.")

I wish I had seen this posting before I went to see my doctor...

he said the rash was so bad he would have to amputate my legs...

I bargained with him so he just chopped one off - for half the price....

now I have a rash on my arm...

what should I do next?

:o

I wish I had seen this posting before I went to see my doctor...

he said the rash was so bad he would have to amputate my legs...

I bargained with him so he just chopped one off - for half the price....

now I have a rash on my arm...

what should I do next?

:o

That all depends,How many of them do you have now?? :D

Heat rash,

Have had problems with this in LOS. If you sweat alot day after day and take many showers etc then all your natural oil is washed away. You are always wet and your skin is unprotected thus a skin rash. Just like a baby diaper rash.

To heal this you might need an ointment from the pharmist. If the first one they give does not work then keep trying other types. Once it is cleared up then start using baby oil every day or two. It will protect you from mosture. For me baby powder just turned to mush and was only good if I stayed in aircon all day.

Works for me,

LLL

Hong Kong Dong,

I am sure a few of you have heard about this one! A guy had told me of his ordeal.

This guy went to an American doc about a problem with his dick. The American doc told him he would have to go right into surgery and have all his dick amputated. He had Hong Kong Dong. The guy in horor asked to have a second opinon.

The guy next went to a Chinese doc who upon examination exclamed you have Hong Kong Dong! The guy asked will I have to have it amputated? The Chinese docs reply................No just wait 2 weeks it will dry up and fall off.

See the American Doc in PP at American Mediacl Center

near 51/214?

LLL

The connection btw herpes and aids is this:

It is the "open" nature of the little blisters that make one more susceptable to

contracting the aids (or any other) virus, and this primarily when there is an outbreak

occurring. Another good reason for ALWAYS using condoms.

I have had herpes for years. Got it from the little blond, blue-eyed, kindergarten

teacher, Baptist preacher's daughter I was married to.

It is highly contagious, and a carrier can be shedding virus even when there are

no visible lesions.

The usual pattern is one of the early outbreaks being larger, longer lasting, more

frequent, and quite annoying. Over time, outbreaks tend to become smaller, less

frequent, and less severe--that is less of a drag.

All of this said, although herpes is not something on anyones wish-list, living with

it is a "burden" only is you choose to make it so. I have chosen to take it as a warning-

shot across the bow, and worked at being more responsible for the sake of myself and

others.

Someone was talking about rash from losing oils, sweat ect, same as baby rash . I had a good old case of jock itch on my balls and upper thighs for a while. Used my babys cream for nappy/diaper rash of which zinc oxide is the main ingreident(basically a waterproofer) worked wonders.

As for herpes ,when I get coldsores, fresh aloe vera smothered on the sore seems to work ok. Dunno if it works down south

Heat rash,

Have had problems with this in LOS. If you sweat alot day after day and take many showers etc then all your natural oil is washed away. You are always wet and your skin is unprotected thus a skin rash. Just like a baby diaper rash.

To heal this you might need an ointment from the pharmist. If the first one they give does not work then keep trying other types. Once it is cleared up then start using baby oil every day or two. It will protect you from mosture. For me baby powder just turned to mush and was only good if I stayed in aircon all day.

Works for me,

LLL

I use baby powder sometimes in the summer when it's hot but the powdered cornstarch only. Works like a charm.

I used a couple of different baby talcum powders my wife brought back from Thai land.

Both turned into like minnie gummy bears and stuck to the hairs in my crotch like some weird dingle berries :o

What a mess. What the heck are they putting in that stuff?

Never had a problem with talc or cornstarch here. I choose cornstarch because it works better and talc has some toxcity to the respiratory system.

Someone was talking about rash from losing oils, sweat ect, same as baby rash . I had a good old case of jock itch on my balls and upper thighs for a while. Used my babys cream for nappy/diaper rash of which zinc oxide is the main ingreident(basically a waterproofer) worked wonders.

As for herpes ,when I get coldsores, fresh aloe vera smothered on the sore seems to work ok. Dunno if it works down south

I have a bad cold sore that pops up on the corner of my mouth since I got it from kissing a girl when I was about 17, and all my life it has came on due to stress or eating peanuts or a lot od chocolate, Taking heavy doses of L-LYSINE helps but I have found that an application of VIROGON [Acyclovir 5%] that i buy from the pharmacy here works extremely well.

And corn starch here in LOS is called corn flour.

rash is nearly completely gone and seems to be from the gentrimycin? part of the gentriderm - am assuming this as btemethasone on its own earlier had done nothing as had the ...azoles so am assuming it was a secondary bacterial infection from an area that was moist and probably slightly chaffed from rubbing.

I'll use the baby oil idea for a while.

re the baby powder you should try some of that menthol baby powder on your nuts - it turns you into a real stayer as your balls are freezing until it wears off.(stud powder) I swear by it. :o

re the baby powder you should try some of that menthol baby powder on your nuts - it turns you into a real stayer as your balls are freezing until it wears off.(stud powder) I swear by it. smile.gif

Hey that is evil, someone might actually try it :o

I would tend to agree that if it was herpes it would show (at least first) on your dick.

Herpes can occur anywhere on your body, along with your nervious system routes. It sounds to me you have got Herpes. the treatment is ACYCLOVIR creme.

I will take one more shot at this one then I'm out.

1- ACYCLOVIR creme is a good supportive agent especially when out breaks occur on the face or around the eyes.

There is actually a prescription liquid soution that is a mild form of some kind of acid that is used short term as eye drops so lesions cannot colonize on the cornea in optholmic cases and lead to blindness.

2- Current maintanace for recurrent outbreaks is Famvir not sure of the dose. I believe one per day.

Just about the same med as ACYCLOVIR only you don't have to take it 4 to six times hence better patient compliance.

Kevin,

3- Any food with arginine will aggravate this condtion peanuts chocolate etc.

Also stress has been determined to be a huge factor, spicy foods and alcohol are cuprits as well.

L-Lysine is good suppressive therapy usually about 2000 mg daily. The only thing you may want to consider is that there is some discussion. that taking single amino acids may through off the balance of absorbtion of other amino acids in the body.

I have really never seen this clinically. Some people suggest taking an additional branch-chained ammino acid complex. Actually not a bad idea.

The corn flour here is differnt than corn starch and is packaged just like the baby powder.

4- Finally if your not sure, which most of you aren't, you can have an HSV panel done with one blood draw to find out exactly were you're at.

These panels show level of active pathothogen to antibodies and some give ratios

to roughly gauge levels of resistance/immunity or active proliferation of virus.

Steroids may initially suppress symptoms while the virus penetrates and infiltrates deeper and wider into nerve root ganglion where it resides. This is bad medicine in this context.

Cream is ONLY an adjunct therapy to Acyclovir, Famcyclovir or L-Lysine for those who are lucky enough to have a strong enough immune system to use natural supplements only.

Do any of you do your own brake jobs? Why not? Why play/guess with your health? :o

You'd need a mechanic or a mechanic's skill and knowledge to attempt a brake job Pepe. Health is even more important than that. Enough said. :o

Hi Doc,

Thanks that was my point. I use this example regularly when lecturing.

People take far more liberties and do it yourself approach with their bodies than they would ever dream of with their cars.

Want to try a brake job? You might find you have an even bigger problem when you need to stop for the test run. :D

PS I was on a little bit of a tear for a while. Can't do it much at y age that's for sure. There are some incredible "blends" comming out of Sonoma and especially Napa right now that knock the socks off of many of the Bordeaux wines. And

CHEAP!!! VERY CHEAP!!!

Trader Joe's has got a Charles Shaw Cab. $2.00 a bottle that consitently beats out up to $67.00 bottles in taste tests.

Check it out Charles Shaw Wine + Trader Joes. Is it heaven or something else :D

Hi Pepe,

I hope you did not take offence from my previous comments ref you ,

As i stated you are a valued member here and i was just throwing a little humour to you when you were pissed ,

Update anyway,

I am now completley clear again from this rash again via cream administered ,

However on both diagnoses both Doctors never conducted a full consultation as you suggested there should,

Both only observed and diagnosed visually heat rash,

Can both Doctors be wrong bearing in mind that my ailment also has cleared up again or if more in a serious matter what was suggested it can be hidden or disguised and re appear at a later date?

Paul.

Hi Pepe,

I hope you did not take offence from my previous comments ref you ,

As i stated you are a valued member here and i was just throwing a little humour to you when you were pissed ,

Update anyway,

I am now completley clear again from this rash again via cream administered ,

However on both diagnoses both Doctors never conducted a full consultation as you suggested there should,

Both only observed and diagnosed visually heat rash,

Can both Doctors be wrong bearing in mind that my ailment also has cleared up again or if more in a serious matter what was suggested it can be hidden or disguised and re appear at a later date?

Paul.

Hey no offense taken. I'm not sure what you're talking about I think it was in the middle of my little "tear."

What were we talking about? :o

No just kidding. It takes alot to offend me these days. I'm here for entertainment and education anyway.

If someone gets nasty thats their problem not mine.

Life's to short... :D