True Vs Tot

gisjames

I currently have True 4MB service and I am moving to a moo bahn that only has TOT service.

I currently test my true connection regularly and get about 1.7MB upload in reality. This is just about enough for my purposes, but I wouldn't want to take a big hit in bandwidth

Does anyone subscribe to TOT 2MB service? If so, what upload speeds do you usually get.

I currently live on sukhumvit 39 and the proposed move is to a moo bahn on Bangna Trad 10km by Windmill golf club

I currently have True 4MB service and I am moving to a moo bahn that only has TOT service.

I currently test my true connection regularly and get about 1.7MB upload in reality. This is just about enough for my purposes, but I wouldn't want to take a big hit in bandwidth

Does anyone subscribe to TOT 2MB service? If so, what upload speeds do you usually get.

I currently live on sukhumvit 39 and the proposed move is to a moo bahn on Bangna Trad 10km by Windmill golf club

Are you sure that you have 1.7 MB upload? I don't believe it because that means your Upload connection must be min. 13.6 Mbps!!!!!!!!!

But even real 1.7 Mbps from TRUE which means 2 Mbps connection for uploading!!! WOW!!!!!

How much per month?

TOT? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOT is a government telecom monopoly where the director just sued the board for wanting to kick him out.

Don't expect anything from them at this moment.

The TOT customer service in BKK is pretty professional, but the local guys out in the boonies are the same old people who used to do telephone lines. I just speak for my area but they are very much overwhelmed by what's asked from them in the age of "the internets". They are totally clueless. They actually managed to physically disconnect my phone line last week while installing some new lines. Twice on consecutive days! And the whole village went down and had to _wait_ for the freakin' DSL guys to "come into the office" at 9 am before it was fixed!

TOT customer service speaks english well and is generally friendly but the company doesn't have the people or skills to do DSL.

I was on True's highest speed package for something like 4 years constantly upgrading my package until I has 512/2000. Then in April I too moved into a Moo Bahn for which only TOT service was available. I feared the worse.

and frankly worst thing about the TOT service was getting the line installed, as I preferred to wait for the 'new' cables to be installed as per their recommendation. The old cables were, I am told responsible for many drops in connection speed and basically unreliable service. We ended up waiting over 4 months for a telephone line at home!

However, I now have the 512/1m cyber gold package and on any given day get between 60-80% of the advertised bandwidth, which is about the same as I had with True.

My parents and I have both noticed and remarked that our video chats to the UK via Skype has actually improved, both in terms of voice (fewer echos) and video quality despite my 'slower' connection with TOT. It is also perfectly okay for gaming online.

I will probably upgrade to the 2meg connection shortly to satisfy my downloading habit but overall, it has turned out better than I expected, now that I finally have it.

I was on True's highest speed package for something like 4 years constantly upgrading my package until I has 512/2000. Then in April I too moved into a Moo Bahn for which only TOT service was available. I feared the worse.

and frankly worst thing about the TOT service was getting the line installed, as I preferred to wait for the 'new' cables to be installed as per their recommendation. The old cables were, I am told responsible for many drops in connection speed and basically unreliable service. We ended up waiting over 4 months for a telephone line at home!

However, I now have the 512/1m cyber gold package and on any given day get between 60-80% of the advertised bandwidth, which is about the same as I had with True.

My parents and I have both noticed and remarked that our video chats to the UK via Skype has actually improved, both in terms of voice (fewer echos) and video quality despite my 'slower' connection with TOT. It is also perfectly okay for gaming online.

I will probably upgrade to the 2meg connection shortly to satisfy my downloading habit but overall, it has turned out better than I expected, now that I finally have it.

Thanks for the comments. The prospective landlord is desperately trying to get a decent internet connection installed as she fears i will pull out of the deal. She is talking about getting a 4MB connection that is only available to businesses?