How Much Are Israel Going To Win By?

Neeranam

I care not, but as long as England get three points I shall be happy. The goal can be a deflection off the corner flag for all I care, or a dubious decision by an Azerbhajani linesman.

Edited by mrtoad

How about a sweepstakes?

I say it's going to be England 0 Israel 4

That one has gone out the window. 1-0 (SWP)

Hopefully, we aren't going to sit back as per usual and try and hold onto the lead.

C'mon boys :o

Just turned on, somewhere in Second Half and I hear a comment from Lauro.

Golan has just come on....

Commentator, ' Yes, Golan has come on in midfield, never quite made it as a striker'.

Lauro, ' He never quite made the Heights'.

Turned off again, that was about as good as it gets.

Moss

Solid performance this evening against a poor side, but you still have to beat what's put in front of you. So far good performances from SWP, Micha Richards and Barry, which has been very promising.

Good to see Owen score an absolute beauty.

Ok, guys and girls, think we will all settle for that result, unless you are Scottish, Welsh, French, Israeli or Russian. I'm sure I have missed out a few other countries, but if that is the case then I am so very sorry :o

Wembley is such an intimidating stadium so I think we handled it quite well.

To play for draw and get a victory is something of a bonus.

The fans will obviously not go home happy as they came to Wembley tonight expecting a heavy defeat.

Regards

disappointed english fan

What a great win at home against such a dominating force in world football. Enjoy your celebrations.

P1ss off, you hairy ar5ed skirt wearing Katoey :o

:D If they qualify and we don't it's going to be unbearable.

Watched the replay this morning and Owen's goal was a peach at the right time ( is there ever a wrong time ).

The Mika bloke from Man City is special , not just because of the goal.

Agreed, the Owen goal was something out of the top drawer. As for Richards, he was immense, and looked totally at ease, just as he has done in his performances in the Premier League. I still reckon he might be a better centre back than full back, but it really doesn't matter where he plays, I can see him being a pretty permanent fixture in the English defence for the foreseeable.

What a great win at home against such a dominating force in world football. Enjoy your celebrations.

I don't want to even think about that happening :D

Is there a chance of that? I remember 1978 well when we qualified fro the world cup and England didn't - and 82 and 86, I think.

Owen is a good player and scored an excellt goal. Keep Crouch off the field and you might have a chance.

I don't want to even think about that happening :D

Is there a chance of that? I remember 1978 well when we qualified fro the world cup and England didn't - and 82 and 86, I think.

Owen is a good player and scored an excellt goal. Keep Crouch off the field and you might have a chance.

We were definately there in 82 Spain , when we didn't lose a game, and in 1986 Mexico when the cheating <deleted> Maradona scored those goals.

I beleive that 1978 was the year that Scotlands manager Ally McCleod boldly predicted that they were going to win the world cup. After a 3-1 defeat against Peru and 1-1 draw with Iran, it was all over, though they did beat Holland and Gemmil scored a great goal.

I beleive that 1978 was the year that Scotlands manager Ally McCleod boldly predicted that they were going to win the world cup. After a 3-1 defeat against Peru and 1-1 draw with Iran, it was all over, though they did beat Holland and Gemmil scored a great goal.

What a goal! We did beat the team who reached the final. All in Scotland actually thought we were going to win it. We had a pretty good team. Were England in Germany in 74 - before my time.

After a 3-1 defeat against Peru and

Oblitas and Cubilas, two superb goals and the end of Rioch and Masson

Were England in Germany in 74 - before my time.

The Poles knocked them out in the qualifiers after a great performance from Tomaceski, called a Clown before the game by Clough.

Moss

The Archie Gemmil song is the one that i remember the most after seeing him play at Plymouth in 1984 in the 6th round of the FA CUP in front of a crowd of 38,000. I was squeezed in the corner between the Mayflower and Devonport end on the goal line and saw the goal that never was, Gordon Staniforth hitting both posts before it bounced out. Went up to the Baseball ground a week later, with two days off school :D to see Steve Cherry make an absolute howler to give Plymouth a 1-0 win and take them into the semi finals.

A great song. ":Archie Gemmill is a banker, is a banker, Archie Gemmil is a banker, is a banker".

Could never understand why he was running around on a football pitch, when he had a full time job in the bank :o