Selling A Domain Name. Tax?

Do you live in Sweden? If so, I suggest that you ask the Swedish tax office.

If you live in Thailand, I suggest that you instruct the buyer to remit the purchase price to a Bank account of yours outside Thailand, then remit to your account in Thailand only what you need from time to time. No tax payable in Thailand.

--

Maestro

Note the words "...Bank account of yours outside Thailand." No where does it say "in Sweden".

Go to Singapore, or Hong Kong, open a savings account. Get an ATM card. Have the money deposited there, and Robert is your Dad's brother.

Sateev

Ok, is it easy to open up a savings account in singapore or HK? Does it not require a work permit in the country you are opening up the account in? At least it does in Thailand..

Note the words "...Bank account of yours outside Thailand." No where does it say "in Sweden".

Go to Singapore, or Hong Kong, open a savings account. Get an ATM card. Have the money deposited there, and Robert is your Dad's brother.

Sateev

Well offshore accounts is one solution. Does anybody know if I actually have to pay taxes when I sell a domain? There is no work included.

I already have an account at Bangkok Bank and Ayudhaya. If they sent the money to those accounts I have to pay taxes, don't I?

What banks does not require WPs?

In the US, it would be considered a capital gain or business profit depending on how you accounted for it. That said, the only time I ever bought a domain name, we just used an escrow service, so no easy way to trace the money for the tax man... but 2.5M B is a pretty good chunk of change. Offshore account is your easiest bet.