Thai Property Prices

I hear competing opinions ... prices to fall, over supply, thai economy weak (despite the high baht), others say, prices will not go down in future, so you need to get your act together sooner rather than later - despite what the armchair/barstool/forum property experts reckon.

What is the true picture?

Sounds like a typical free market to me, opposing opinions, fear forces versus greed forces, if anyone really knew the future they would be mega-rich.

However, if some people here really think they know, I am all ears as well.

Edited by Jingthing

Depends on the location of the property. If it is in a prime area like rail stations, then the prospect is less threatening in other areas.

Whether Thailand economy is really bad, one just has to monitor monthly exports. So long as there is a reasonable growth, then the prospect should be stable. Todate, the environment of world economy seems to suggest it is OK and possibly with a slower growth because of the credit crunch in US.

Depends on the location. It's difficult and largely inaccurate to make blanket statements when there are so many conditions coming into play.

IMO most folks making these generalizations are just looking at a handful of properties that they covet/or want to sell and are hoping for a price decrease or increase with said properties. They might never get the desired outcome no matter how hard they wish for it. It's like going to the supermarket or any securities exchange and scratching your head over why the price of particular items or stocks aren't going up or down following a particular trend.

:o