Visa For Thai Girlfriend

Been down this road a few times already.

Visa for girlfriend to Ireland.

Will hopefully be moving to LOS in the next 6-9 months would like to sooner but it takes time to sell house tidy up affairs ect.

Would like to bring GF over for a while until I have everything finalized.

Will be going over in October to have Buddha wedding and paying 500000tbart dowry also paying for reception.

A tourist visa seems like a poor choice and her English needs improving.

What I propose is. If I ask her to come over on a tourist visa and she overstays her stay and then returns with me when I am ready.

Alternatively, apply for a student’s visa for her and maybe she can stay longer.

At this stage IV read so much and the confusion has set in so a different view on this may help.

I have applied for a TEFL course, as I need to keep the brain active when in LOS. This is part time and will allow me to continue with my business interests until I can liquidate all assets. I am 50 now. Hope to retire to LOS with at least liquid assets of 20mil tbart. + some shares.

The teaching will supplement my income.

Back to Visa what requirements GF will have to comply. She does not have job except for working on parent’s farm and no money in bank.

Straight answers please to all above.

Decision time.

Will be going over in October to have Buddha wedding and paying 500000tbart dowry also paying for reception.

Back to Visa what requirements GF will have to comply. She does not have job except for working on parent’s farm and no money in bank.

If you are as gullible as the above appears to suggest, Bht 20,000,000.00 will not last you long. For your own sake, please research Thai culture and habits further before you make the big (burnt bridges) move to Thailand.

Big word gullible maybe you can enlighten me as paying a dowry sin sod seems to be the norm and the Girl I am marrying has not been married before. Are you saying this is too much of a dowry to pay?

Your advice and explanation would be helpful being gullible is not an answer

Has she been married b4?

What is her education level?

If she is not divorced and no kids, basic highschool education and no other work experience other than farm work, then 50,000 sounds about right.

Her family will probably make demands on you later for money anyway, so bear that in mind.

My wife's sister's Husband paid 200k baht, he is a Japanese guy and he took her away to Japan, whereas I only bought the old boy a Honda wave scooter for about 30k I think. I am not cheap but my wife's family didn't want anything. My wife was 24 at the time and had never been married, whereas her sister was 17 when the 40+ year old Japanese guy married her.

Just for your info.

Has she been married b4?

What is her education level?

If she is not divorced and no kids, basic highschool education and no other work experience other than farm work, then 50,000 sounds about right.

Her family will probably make demands on you later for money anyway, so bear that in mind.

Its half a mil Bart not 50,000 and need more advise here as I was told this was the price to pay by another ex-pat and that I was getting off easy that he was asked for 1 mil I have already agreed to this amount and have been told I cannot back out of this or else I will lose girl. Her education level is. O and A levels or as we call it leaving cert.

Any constructive advice would be welcome

I don't know what other answer we can give you. All it would have taken is a short Google search to find out that this was an crazy amount. And they also expect you to pay for wedding?

Sums like this are exchanged by rich socialites for face reasons - but often returned the next day. If you can turn this into an understanding that it is a one time deal to help family and that any further handouts will be very restricted it may work out. But I suspect you are now tagged as overly rich and ready for slaughter.

I don't know what other answer we can give you. All it would have taken is a short Google search to find out that this was an crazy amount. And they also expect you to pay for wedding?

Sums like this are exchanged by rich socialites for face reasons - but often returned the next day. If you can turn this into an understanding that it is a one time deal to help family and that any further handouts will be very restricted it may work out. But I suspect you are now tagged as overly rich and ready for slaughter.

From what iv read i seem to have been taken for a ride.Way to much.

What i do think is she is worth it its just that my assetts are not liquid they are in property and business with montly payments coming in all the time.I have calculated that i will need at least 17.600euros to marry her in October.

Yes i have carefully worked it out dowry, plain tickets, reception, gold, living expences, school fees for her,Money in her account for visa, it all adds up.

I think now that i was stupit to have agreed to so much as this i was told was the norm.

This is very interesting (:o ?

As you know i have just sent you an email ref what you have stated here in the forum and am very dissapointed this you talk like this your future wife ?

Ok please let me explain to other Forum members that i know both partys involved and i cant comment further as i want (:D to reply my email and then i will also speak to his Fiancee and comment ,

I will be speaking to his other half tomorrow and showing her this thread ,

I will be asking his fiancee to activley to join the forum and have her say tomorrow,

ok cant promise she will do but i think (because i know both partys) it will be justified that she has her comments on this matter because there is no future as far as i can see from (:D claiming to be scammed?

My God my Wife cant beleive what he has just read,

Get a life (:D

Again i will justify this reply when i get reply from (:D and i speak to your other half tomorrow,

Always 2 sides to a story ,

Whattodo. (P)

What I propose is. If I ask her to come over on a tourist visa and she overstays her stay and then returns with me when I am ready.

I would suggest that your girlfriend overstaying on a tourist visa would ban her from any further visits to your home country for a number of years. This is certainly the case in Australia; not sure about Ireland. Doesn't seem to be a good idea upon which to build a relationship with your future wife. However, as always in Thailand, "up to you".

I would suggest that your girlfriend overstaying on a tourist visa would ban her from any further visits to your home country for a number of years. This is certainly the case in Australia; not sure about Ireland. Doesn't seem to be a good idea upon which to build a relationship with your future wife. However, as always in Thailand, "up to you".

I agree Simple1 there is no advantage in doing so only heartache. The student visa is a viable proposition as she can extend her stay with further courses if the requirements are meet i.e. health insurance place to stay adequate funds to meet her needs and course fees.

I have made some phone calls and also talked to local Garda “COPS” Once she is not a burden on the state and all above is adhered to there should not be a problem.

At the end of every confusion there is enlightenment.

Flee the scene NOW Bizz. She'll never find you in the bogs of Erin :o

Flee the scene NOW Bizz. She'll never find you in the bogs of Erin :o

Thank you for the quote Dr_Pat_Pong as i previously quoted she is worth it.Clear advise was only required. This i am gratefull for.

I have no intention of hideing in the bogs of Erin.They are wet and slimey.There may be many woman in thailand looking for a farang husband but this one i fell in love with. Have every intention of following this to the end.

I was only looking for clear answers "AND I QUOTE AGAIN"

Been down this road a few times already.

Visa for girlfriend to Ireland.

Will hopefully be moving to LOS in the next 6-9 months would like to sooner but it takes time to sell house tidy up affairs ect.

Would like to bring GF over for a while until I have everything finalized.

A tourist visa seems like a poor choice and her English needs improving.

Alternatively, apply for a student’s visa for her and maybe she can stay longer.

At this stage IV read so much and the confusion has set in so a different view on this may help.

I have applied for a TEFL course, as I need to keep the brain active when in LOS. This is part time and will allow me to continue with my business interests until I can liquidate all assets. I am 50 now. Hope to retire to LOS with at least liquid assets of 20mil tbart. + some shares.

The teaching will supplement my income.

Straight answers please to all above.

Decision time.

How long have you known her for? How long have you actually lived together with her or at least spent a lot of time with her? From all we know, you could have come here on vacation for two weeks and then gone back ...that's why we're all a little worried.

Nobody here is in a position to keep you from getting married or forcing you to marry her, either. Its "up to you". Many people said its over-priced, you think she's worth it however. So why drag it out? You don't want to listen, but you want advice. :o

To Rainman sorry for delay in replying to post.

Your Gender is puzzling me?

In answer to your post. I have known her for 4 months Time spent together 3 weeks June early July. I have listened and I will act on this advice. This I have done in part already.

The decision to marry this girl is mine alone and how can one put a price on ones future happiness.

To all thank you for your comments and your replies, everyone’s reply has been taken into consideration.

Below I have quoted from a previous topic my comment, at the end is the link

Here goes

Meet her on Thai love-links she approached me I had over 60 replies after 2 weeks most were in the age group 19-26 which I taught were a bit young considering I am 50.Still handsome I have been told. Legally separated and two grown up kids one boy 23 and daughter 26 both have there own properties with daddy’s help. Both have good jobs.

Back to GF She at first rejected me. As I am not divorced yet 4 years in Ireland

Well it transpired that this girl had spirit and was willing to stick up for herself, her age was 28then now 29. We progressed to yahoo messenger and as time went by, I realized that this girl was intelligent bright charming caring and had a good heart. Slowly my feelings changed for her and I knew that I had to see her so I packed my bags and headed over to Los to meet her. When I first meet her my heart slipped a beat, I knew that this girl was what I had imagined in my heart and in my soul. What my exact words were I do not need a woman to walk behind me I need a woman to walk beside me. Some farangs might find this comment strange.

It is hard to imagine for some farangs that not all these girls have sexual experience or are sexually active so my stay with her was purely a non-sexual event “no twit comments please” this I accepted. My impression of Thai girls, from what I had previously heard was bar girls and as I now know this is not the case. It is unfortunate that this exists in Thailand but this sad tale is played out a million times over in Thailand every year.” my view and my view alone”

I had a fair idea about dowry and Buddha wedding before I went over, having searched the internet for information regarding Thai customs. Yes, I fell in love with this girl and dream now of having her in my arms again these feelings are quite normal. She cried for two days before I left and I knew at this time that I was going to return to marry her.

What have I got to lose and everything to gain. Life is so short. She may not be the most beautiful girl in Thailand, but she has a good heart and is still a stunner and I love her and she makes me happy.

She is in Thailand now. I am in Ireland; I have a business in Ireland and property.

I also saw while I was in Thailand many opportunities for my business and future business ventures I was lucky I kept my eyes open. Now I am looking at ways of importing goods into Ireland “help needed here” and maybe investing in property in Thailand as I see this as a more practical way of achieving my long-term goals and of providing a decent future for any kids we may have.

Now I am applying for a non-immigrant visa with multiple entry’s as I will be sourcing out goods soon when I go over. I will marry this girl and rent an apt or condominium in the interim, not wanting to rush into things as I will also buy land and build a house. Seeing myself now traveling between Ireland and Thailand 3-4 times a year as soon as I can get business interests sourced and set up. Rome was not built in a day and I have allowed myself a least a year or two to achieve my goals.

I will answer any questions regarding above but please no smart-ass comments there is really no need unless the person who is making them is hung up about his own inadequacies. At this, I rest my case

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...9&hl=bizz&st=45

I will add a comment to this “I quote” She may not be the most beautiful girl in Thailand. But in my eyes she is.

I hope that you realise that this " Buddha Wedding " is not a legal marriage at all. And that Thailand doesn't recognise de facto or common law relationships.

And, on condition that all your paperwork is in order, the officially marriage at an Amphur will cost Bht 70.00. A slightly cheaper option, I think.

I hope that you realise that this " Buddha Wedding " is not a legal marriage at all. And that Thailand doesn't recognise de facto or common law relationships.
I had a fair idea about dowry and Buddha wedding before I went over, having searched the internet for information regarding Thai customs.

:o

Guess we can just hope it works out for him.

Perhaps someone can clarify for this guy visa type required to establish an export company of Thai goods to E.U. I believe I have read somewhere that at a minimum an export licence is required. Therefore I assume he will require a B visa. Also that he will need to establish a company entity to acquire land with house. Unless he's going to put his assets into Thai girlfriend's name. Obviously he cannot officially marry her until his divorce is finalised as he will require Irish embassy confirmation of his marital status before a formal marriage that is recognised under Thai law.

Your Gender is puzzling me?

I'm male :o:D

You see, i have a thai girlfriend, too ...but i live here without rushing into getting married. You came here once to meet her and you went back and are already wanting to get married? It may work out, don't get me wrong ...but would you marry someone in the UK who you've seen for perhaps only a short period of time? Give it some time ...what's the rush?

You're 50. I'm 21. I shouldn't be giving you this advice, but you to me. :D

How can one put a price on love? Many posters wouldn't pay a baht sin sot, others have paid as much as you have agreed upon.

I doubt the amount has anything to do with long term happiness.

Many fall in love at first sight and stay that way for life. Hopefully, your one of them.

Dealing with the existing promise to pay the sin sot, since your capital is tied up in business and since you need captial to start a business in Thailand, you might try suggesting paying the sin sot in increments, as your business affairs permit, perhaps with an outside final payment date to be agreed on.

No loss of face for either party, as the amount of the sin sot is fixed, only the when is variable.

You might also make it clear that this sit sot payment is in lieu of any and all future payments of any kind to the family for whatever reason. You can always change you mind, but let this sit sot stop any future expectations for family contributions.

I am sure the amount of your agreed upon sin sot didn't shock you when it was asked for, so you can afford it. Forget immediately it is too much or that you are being "taken" or you will never be happy with your wife. She is a diamond, not a rock, and you certainly must pay more for a diamond, than a rock.

Thank you all for your kind replies

To Rainman No I do not have to marry her straight away only Buddha wedding.

I am sure that you came to the realization that you loved your girlfriend as I have come to this realization. Comment from girl friend when I look into your eyes I see this love I see it in you way and your actions.

To Dr pat pong

Yes, I do understand this about Buddha wedding.

Bronco

To use agency do you mean to arrange marriage dowry. Marriage

Jayenram

In time Amphor

Lopburi

So do I

Simple1

Can organize Tax clearance cert in Ireland where I notify revenue as to how much duty is payable, as is done with VAT

This has to be applied for but if my present VAT, PRSI. CAPITAL GAINS and tax situation are up to date, this is obtainable quite easy.

I would like information on exporting from Thailand. If an export, licence is required how to obtain this.

Non-immigrant type B visa required have all the information on this

Property will wait until I am more established I will rent in the interim. Moreover, get streetwise

ProThaiPat

Yes, how can you put a price on happiness? Quite true isn’t life so short.

Grasp a chance at happiness and do not let it slip away

Sin Sod has been sorted .The situation has been understood by both parties in other words there is only so much I can do in the present financial situation as you have clearly and others have pointed out. No it did not shock me what did shock me was what was said by people that were not piss takers but respected members of this forum.

Clearly, I had to take a second look at things as circumstances changed. The costs were working out far more than I had anticipated .I had calculated that I would need over 1.00000bart to Marry, plain tickets, reception, student Visa, health insurance,. English course, for GF. This amount of liquid cash I did not have access to straight away. Present commitments had to be taken into consideration also.

Clearly this forum has given me an incite into life in Thailand.

Clear words of warning to any newbie’s keep your eyes open do your research, ask for advice, and do not be afraid to ask.