Bank Transfer

I need to send a few hundred pounds, maximum of 1,000GBP back home to the family this week.

Whats the easiest way of doing this. Direct Bank transfer kind of scares me as if the funds are exchanged at the UK end then the exchange rate sucks.

Can i send UK Pounds from Thailand? My account here is a Bank of Ayuthaya Savings Account if that makes any difference.

Maybe i should just be looking at western union?

I will be doing this quite regularly from now on so the advice would be great.

I need to send a few hundred pounds, maximum of 1,000GBP back home to the family this week.

Whats the easiest way of doing this. Direct Bank transfer kind of scares me as if the funds are exchanged at the UK end then the exchange rate sucks.

Just tell the bank you want to send the sum in pounds. They will convert it from baht at the local exchange rate. There's a flat fee of 1250 baht but it might still be cheaper than Western Union. You'll need to show your passport and work permit.

Just tell the bank you want to send the sum in pounds. They will convert it from baht at the local exchange rate. There's a flat fee of 1250 baht but it might still be cheaper than Western Union. You'll need to show your passport and work permit.

Why would you need to show a work permit ? :o

Naka.