Samui Property Market Cools

Rooo

Nothing wrong with owning a condo on Samui. There will always be nay-sayers (particularly on this board), but hey, if you do your research, you'll most likely end up with a nice condo to enjoy for many many years. This forum is filled with people who think all condo projects are a ripoff, but think about it. There must be many many happy condo owners all over thailand who spend the winter down there, and enjoy the hel_l out of it. That's my plan one day. I'll do my homework, pick a good project, and enjoy my condo.

I would agree with you. I have lived in Samui before a few years back and really enjoyed my time there. I have recently been spending most of my Thailand time in Pattaya where I rent a great condo for very little money. I have friends who have made easy money on real estate but the quick buck is gone for now. I was going to buy in Pattaya but my taste is changing again and I am looking to rediscover Samui. I just wish there was more selection of budget condos like in Pattaya. I never bought in Pattaya cuz my deal on rent was too good. I need to see Samui again and see if I like the recent changes to the landscape.

... in Pattaya where I rent a great condo for very little money. ................... I never bought in Pattaya cuz my deal on rent was too good......

Why buy and get stuck, if you can rent and move any time at free will!?

(Why scratch with the chickens, if you can fly with the eagle?)

Till now it is a developers/estate agents dream, but may very quick turn into a buyers nightmare...especially you NEVER EVER will really OWN the property, unless there have been some amendments to the law!

my 2 coins...

When I was in Hua Hin a few years ago - I went to Cha-am or what I thought was Cha-am. beach was muddy and very dirty - and I was not impressed at all. There was lots of building going on but the beaches were very poor to me. Let me know exactly where the good beaches in that area are located other than Hua Hin. What is the price range of condos as you mentioned that it is a "fraction" of Pattaya. Thanks for your response.

• 1 month later...
From everyone I have spoken to involved in property interest is starting to pick up. It started to pick up around 6 weeks ago. I am leasing off a commercial property and have had 3 enquiries in 4 days when previously I hadn't had a single enquiry for months.

Don't foget it's Dreamer oops I mean tourist season :o On my 1st trip to Thailand and Samui in 1979 I was asking a lot of questions of a Bar owner called Don of Dukes Happy House It's closed now and he's passed away. but clueing in I was a dreamer he suggested the following " i came to Thailand 8 times before I settled and invested here and I suggest you do the same" Damned good advise!

So now 18 years later and 25 to 30 trips later I'm still dreaming, but will retire next year with a good private pension I just haven't decided where in Thailand maybe Samui maybe not I'll have to travel around and have a good look But I'll definitely rent not buy, cos having bought and then realising Oops I made a mistake ie bad neighbors, mosquitoes or something else at least I can move on :D

My 2 Baht worth Lil Bob