Confused

Hi, fairly new to ThaiVisa so this has probably been asked and answered but here goes.

I am a 38 year old male UK citizen married to a Thai national and living in the UK and will be moving to Thailand in the near future on a multy entry typ O visa but I am not sure of the difference between visa renewal and extension and what would be better for me. I don't intend to work when I move to Thailand so I won't be able to show an income but my wife is planning on purchasing some property in BKK as a long term investment so she (we) will have an income of around 50,000baht a month plus we will have a joint bank balance of around 1millionbaht, any advice is greatly appreciated although after what all I've read on here I'm sure it will have changed before we get there, many thanks.

There is no "renewal" of visas. You either extend your stay, in this case by proof of 40k per month family income in the form of tax receipts for the previous three months (or whatever your immigration office requires) or you obtain a new visa.

Multi entry non immigrant O visas are currently available in Penang with marriage certificate/wife ID card and the bank account with your name should be kept in reserve if required. Singapore seems to issue if you have the information plus bank account with 400k or more. Otherwise it could mean a trip to home country where the multi entry visa is normally easier to obtain.

There is no "renewal" of visas. You either extend your stay, in this case by proof of 40k per month family income in the form of tax receipts for the previous three months (or whatever your immigration office requires) or you obtain a new visa.

Multi entry non immigrant O visas are currently available in Penang with marriage certificate/wife ID card and the bank account with your name should be kept in reserve if required. Singapore seems to issue if you have the information plus bank account with 400k or more. Otherwise it could mean a trip to home country where the multi entry visa is normally easier to obtain.

Thank you for the help.