Cheapest Mobile Phone Rates

kkk33

Which company offers the cheapest rates when using a mobile phone in Thailand, while I am still able to receive and make international phonecalls ?

I would like to know about both possibilities : while using a prepaid card or while paying a monthly fee.

I cannot comment about monthly accounts, but HAPPY DPROMPT aren't bad for a pre-paid deal, I've been with them for years, see rates here

I particularly like the fact that they will replace a stolen number/SIM, the same day, at their office in the WTC.

Have tried the others...& they are fairly useless for a business person. :o

I have used Orange,currently they have promotion1.5 baht a Min,per second billing

anywhere in Thailand.There is also promotion from TOT to call overseas at 7baht a min.Just use prefix009 then the code.

Downside with Orange is the coverage,but ok in most large cities.

I am very happy with the ORANGE services. Prepaid, the promotion is as follows:

* 1.5 per minute, nationwide

* add up to five ORANGE buddies and call at 1 baht per minute

* add 001 before the international dial code, eg France/ Belgium 001.33.etc and call for 7 BAHT per minute from Thailand to anywhere in france or Europe! Mobile phones, fixed lines.

* add 009 before the international dial code, get a better quality line, and pay 30 Baht per minute.

I tried to call with the 001 prefix and had an excellent connection at 7 Baht per minute, even much cheaper then eg. Phonenet (15 Baht p minute) using an 0800 number.

Must say that the information has to be obtained by calling the customer service, I never saw any add for this promotion, but the English speaking ORANGE helpdesk guided me through.....

PS. very good ORANGE coverage on Koh Chang as well... :o

Hi Speedy, I called to Orange, but they didn't know about the 7 baht rate while using 001 prefix. Or did you mean the TOT company ?

i have been with Orange for one year prepaid now, and spent about 2000-3000baht per month. Maybe that is why I do get this fare? As I said, i have never seen any adds for this either, it has been propmptly offered to me when i called them :o

Best deal in town right now:

1. Orange 20 hours per day - 10:00pm to 6:00pm - 1 baht per minute - prepaid.

2. Call International using the 009 prefix (this is actually from CAT not TOT) and you pay 7 baht per minute to 30 countries ( North Ameria, Western Europe, ASEAN, China, HK, Japan, etc).

If you dial 007 (TOT) you pay 9 baht - again for a select list of countries.

Hi Speedy,

I think the 7 Baht rate you mentioned was when using Dtac/Happy D prompt ? I tried the 001 prefix with prepaid Orange to my home country in Europe and I was charged 25 baht per minute.

Hi Ramtodatry,

The 7 and 9 Baht of CAT and TOT is also for mobile phone users ?

Yes, the 7 baht rate from CAT (dial 009 from you cell phone - also known as ephone) and the 9 baht rate from TOT apply to mobile phones also.

The 009 prefix changes depending on whether you have a TOT or TA land line, in which case it is different.

I don't know the cell phone or mobile phone racket in thailand is it all just prepaid or do they have contract service?? thanks for all answers

Prepaid and monthly. Monthly a/cs usually req a work permit or guarantor or put it in yr Thai G/F's name.

Tariffs here show how we are being ripped off in Oz and the UK.

Flag-falls in Oz...... do me a favour! :o You'd think you were hiring a taxi.

I'm happy with ORANGE's pricing and promotions. You get 1 Baht/min after 30 seconds and if you buy the 1,200 Baht SIM, 7 x 300 Baht bonus. Also, unlike %^#$# AIS (1-2 Call), balance checks seem to be free of charge. And dialling 009 + country code, one gets 7 Baht minute calls like with AIS. // But AIS sends you a SMS with numbers of calls you missed while the phone was turned off. Unlike Orange. ** I bought a dual band handy at Carrefour for THB 2,290 and the sIM seperately. I'm free to switch and have done just that, going to Orange.

I am very happy with the ORANGE services. Prepaid, the promotion is as follows:

* 1.5 per minute, nationwide

* add up to five ORANGE buddies and call at 1 baht per minute

* add 001 before the international dial code, eg France/ Belgium 001.33.etc and call for 7 BAHT per minute from Thailand to anywhere in france or Europe! Mobile phones, fixed lines.

* add 009 before the international dial code, get a better quality line, and pay 30 Baht per minute.

I tried to call with the 001 prefix and had an excellent connection at 7 Baht per minute, even much cheaper then eg. Phonenet (15 Baht p minute) using an 0800 number.

Must say that the information has to be obtained by calling the customer service, I never saw any add for this promotion, but the English speaking ORANGE helpdesk guided me through.....

PS. very good ORANGE coverage on Koh Chang as well... :o

You've mixed up your 009s and 001s. 009 is the cheaper efone option.

Also, the current promotion is 1 baht per min for 20 hours per day.

http://www.orange.co.th/english/join/just1bt.htm

Hi Kf6vci,

What's the use of a dual band ?

Dual band refers to the frequency used by the telephone to connect to the cell sites. different communication laws require certain types of frequencies to be reserved for different communication purposes, CB, Military Aircraft, etc...

The big difference is really North America and Brazil vs the rest of the world. :o