Demolishing And Rebuilding

I've not really thought this through too much as yet, but am looking for some general thoughts;

My GF owns a Thai 'Style' house / wreck on a smallish plot of land just outside Udon Thani, that has not been lived in for 3 years (we both work in HK & UK). We were looking to knock it down and build a smallish 3 bed / 2 bath bungalow on the land...However with the effort involved in the demolishion and removal of waste, etc, I might just buy another plot and build a new house.

If this was europe or Hong Kong the land would be too expensive to even think this way. For the sake of another 200k - 400k THB, does anyone have any wise thoughts about keeping the original land, (as a potential long term investment or just for the hel_l of it) or does the effort of a rebuild outweigh the cost of a new build?

For info; budget would be in order of 3.5 - 4.5m THB using local builders. I'm a construction project manager by trade so would probably oversea the build and finances myself. (However have no experiece of local Thai building practices)

Thanks,

Dean.

I've not really thought this through too much as yet, but am looking for some general thoughts;

My GF owns a Thai 'Style' house / wreck on a smallish plot of land just outside Udon Thani, that has not been lived in for 3 years (we both work in HK & UK). We were looking to knock it down and build a smallish 3 bed / 2 bath bungalow on the land...However with the effort involved in the demolishion and removal of waste, etc, I might just buy another plot and build a new house.

If this was europe or Hong Kong the land would be too expensive to even think this way. For the sake of another 200k - 400k THB, does anyone have any wise thoughts about keeping the original land, (as a potential long term investment or just for the hel_l of it) or does the effort of a rebuild outweigh the cost of a new build?

For info; budget would be in order of 3.5 - 4.5m THB using local builders. I'm a construction project manager by trade so would probably oversea the build and finances myself. (However have no experiece of local Thai building practices)

Thanks,

Dean.

Having a house knocked down is really going to cost you peanuts, the thing you should consider is the current plot going to be big enough for you to have your new house, garden & pool built? If not buy another larger plot.

For the budget you have stated above, you will get an outstanding house built by local Udon builders.

good luck.

our old wrecked house was taken down by the local guys for a small fee of 10 bottles of whiskey and some grub , and i told them that they could have any bits they wanted for themself's , they had a great bonfire that night as they drank and ate there wage's