Where To Buy Quad Bikes In Thailand.

martinharvey

Hi there new to this site,so hello to all.I need to know where to buy quad bikes in either bangkok or preferably chang ria area.and also what is on offer and roughly how much do they cost(thai baht)i have done extensive riding in usa and mexico whilst living in both countries and will be moving to thailand next year,possibly to northern thailand.i have been over to thailand 2 times in last 3 months and love the place,also my partner is from thailand(parents up north)we already have motercycle at her parents and now want to buy quads.also where is it best to ride.up north is very pretty but much of the mountains are so dense i dont think u could hack your way through.anyone that can help with these questions please.martin and kate.

There were several quad rental places that opened up in Samui last year.

From my 6 or 7 visits over the last 9 months it did not seem that they were doing much business.

You may be able to buy second hand from them.

If you are looking for something like a Banshee, you may need to contact Yamaha directly.

In Bkk very easy , there's shop in Srinakarin Rd. on the same side as Seacon square, about 500-800 meters before.

They offer big variety of quads,also i recon some shops may have them.. I was looking @ some the other day, but they told me , they can't be registred, which maykes me wonder how can i ride it , if i get one.. ie. how far, before getting into trouble, as apparently they don't ride them on the roads here.. Let us know if anybody rode it anywhere else, than countryside, as i live in BKK !!

had a banshee when i lived in mexico,loved the thing,either banshee or rapture would be good.if i contact yamaha and have it imported what kind of import tax would incured?

I also had a Banshee when I was living in Kuwait. They are seriously in to their quads there.

Taking the bike out in to the desert was a real buzz. It's what made living there bearable.

I'm not sure what import duty you would have to pay, but from reading other posts I'd hazard a guess that it will be pretty hefty.

With regards to the legality on the roads. I'm not sure.

It may be worth talking to an owner of the "tourist quads".

• 1 year later...

I am also looking for a ATV preferably a Yamaha Banshee or Raptor. I have not been able to source one as yet in Thailand. I work in Qatar and can pick one up here no problem. But am not keen on paying heavy import tax, does anyone know if stripping it down and send it as spare parts???

I am also looking for a ATV preferably a Yamaha Banshee or Raptor. I have not been able to source one as yet in Thailand. I work in Qatar and can pick one up here no problem. But am not keen on paying heavy import tax, does anyone know if stripping it down and send it as spare parts???

One word(or so) of warning , my son is about the only shop in Southern Ontario that will service/repair them , they give many problems and fall apart unless you constantly keep checking nuts , bolts etc .Parts are not readily available and are not as cheap as one would expect , even the main supplier will not keep or order parts , nor will he even consider any repairs , do not jump them or ride hard because they bend and break frames , shocks etc quite readily , buy only a quality Jap machine .