Good Steak On Phuket

Kimera

Recommendations please! the wife wants to eat a good steak, we live in Thalang anywhere on the Island would be fine, would be good if open during the day we have the family :o Thanks

9th floor is great! Patong

Supperclub, Thalang

Sam´s in Patong. Of course there are several good ones in Patong.

Buffalo Steakhouse, Patong, Karon, Kata.

There is another one in Royal Phuket Marina as well but I can´t remember the name.

Good luck!

Steak 50 in Phuket Town, Samkong area, midway between Vichara Hospital and Phuket Bangkok Hospital (same side of road). The cheapest steak dinner in town, only 50 baht for steak, fries, and salad. Have beef, pork, or fish steaks. Water jug, no extra charge. Not a huge portion, but good enough for lunch. Open all day. Clean, fresh, and friendly staff.

Cant remember the name of the place (Italian sounding). First little street north of Bangla, running off the Beach rd. It's the first restaurant on the left, directly opposite the Grillhutte.

The german chef cooks an Australian fillet steak that melts in the mouth. Served with a large baked potato in foil with sour cream! :o

Cant remember the name of the place (Italian sounding). First little street north of Bangla, running off the Beach rd. It's the first restaurant on the left, directly opposite the Grillhutte.

The german chef cooks an Australian fillet steak that melts in the mouth. Served with a large baked potato in foil with sour cream! :D

do you mean Capri Da Rico? never tried the steaks there but they do some mean pizzas :o

best steak i've had in Phuket was at Sam's Steakhouse but i can't afford to eat there very often...

Steak 50 in Phuket Town, Samkong area, midway between Vichara Hospital and Phuket Bangkok Hospital (same side of road). The cheapest steak dinner in town, only 50 baht for steak, fries, and salad. Have beef, pork, or fish steaks. Water jug, no extra charge. Not a huge portion, but good enough for lunch. Open all day. Clean, fresh, and friendly staff.

Went there today took a friends wife to the hospital called there on the way back, it was as you say enjoyable and cheap :o

The german chef cooks an Australian fillet steak that melts in the mouth. Served with a large baked potato in foil with sour cream! :D

do you mean Capri Da Rico? never tried the steaks there but they do some mean pizzas :o

best steak i've had in Phuket was at Sam's Steakhouse but i can't afford to eat there very often...

No, thats not the place. It's something like Lucatelli or similar. Can't quite get the name in my head.

Small place with brass instruments on the wall. Was once called Jazz.

Went there today took a friends wife to the hospital called there on the way back, it was as you say enjoyable and cheap :o

50Baht? must be buffalo! :D

Not only that, but the steak is pan fried. Yuk! I age my steaks for at least a week before I eat them, then off to the grill they go!

ç

50Baht? must be buffalo! :D

• 4 years later...

Is this place still there...i have been recommended by some Thai colleagues to go to a place matching this description tonight?

makro - > angus australian rib eye(only 800 per kg if you buy 4kg+) -> watch some youtube videos by alton brown/gordon ramsay and learn how to make a steakhouse steak. Most steakhouses especially in thailand end up making shitty steaks compared to what a good home cook can do. I have yet to see a medium rare steak in thailand without a massive grey border of overcooked meat.. or a good black sear from a nice cast iron pan

Is this place still there...i have been recommended by some Thai colleagues to go to a place matching this description tonight?

Yes, still there, but not 50 baht thse days. Think 69 baht these days (4 years on). About 400m past Vichara hospital on way to Bangkok Puket hospital,

Yes, still there, but not 50 baht thse days. Think 69 baht these days (4 years on). About 400m past Vichara hospital on way to Bangkok Puket hospital,

I wouldn't pay that sort of money for a steak.

Cant be good.

You cant breed, raise, slaughter, hang, carve, sell, export, sell again, cook properly and serve a decent steak for only 69 baht.

Cant be good.

You cant breed, raise, slaughter, hang, carve, sell, export, sell again, cook properly and serve a decent steak for only 69 baht.

cooks at those places are terrific. Very skilled labor. They follow an how-to guide bought for 2900 baht on sanook.com

Cant be good.

They don't only sell steak...and I don't think it is necessarily beef steak. Anyhow I didn't make it as I ended up evacuating people off the beach....

I'll be going after songkran at some point. There is a another "50 baht steak place" mentioned in Jamies Blog which is in Kathu...he said that he has visited regularly and that it is quite good.

To Rocket,

I didn't suggest you made it up, I just said I wouldn't buy a 69 baht steak because the quality couldn't possibly be to what I would want to eat. licklips.gif

The thread title does ask about "good" steak.

I meant I didnt make it to the restaurant...not that you thought i made it up. I'm assuming it isn't beef steak for that price anyhow...a bit of clever advertising maybe?

I've tried this place near PSU on two different occasions and wasn't very impressed. I can definitely reccomend the steak 59 restaurant in samkong. Its not imported meat but its a very good bbq'd steak and well worth 59 baht. I often enjoy the steak sandwich at lunchtime.

There is another steak place nearly opposite there, i think its actually named steak samkong. Stay away from there!!!