After The Events Of The Day.......

redrus

1 serious question and the 2nd not.  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This has been somewhat of an annoyance for fans and many others involved in the game for years, managers being sacked after a game in the job and, at odd times of the season just cos someone better came along or someone fell out with someone else.

Players now can't be bought or sold until the closed season (summer) or the transfer window, (January). Its pretty simple, should managers not be the same....?

redrus

Maybe he got a really good offer at Leeds, and could see the writing on the wall at Chelsea

Maybe you're right, London village life isn't for everyone.... :D

No, just West Ham united fans :D

Sorry Red couldn't resist !!

You must have seen both sides Mr B, is Stockport any better............ :o

redrus

Maybe he got a really good offer at Leeds,

titter ye not !

leeds are on a roll , a mighty roll.

not that it would ever happen , but the leeds fans would chew him up and spit him out before the half time whistle of the first game , we've had more than enough of moneygrabbing managers like graham,venables and o'leary.

a spell in coca cola one would do mourinho a world of good , it would bring the oily poser down to earth , and he would have to concentrate on the game before his ego and image.

much as i dislike man. u's ferguson , his feet are firmly planted on the ground , and he represents the true spirit of the game.

mourinho represents all that is bad about the game today. chelsea are better off without him. hopefully he will bugger off to some european outfit , where his suits and haircuts will be better appreciated.

Edited by taxexile

You should try Torquay. Last year we had three chairmen and four managers if you count Leroy Roseniers 1 day tenure.

Complete and utter joke.

Funnily enough, it's never the F#$^%*g Chairmen that take the responsibility, but the Managers, players and ultimatley the fans who get the shitty end of the stick for stupid boardroom decisions.

Edited by mrtoad

I can't believe 5 people have voted that they wouldn't want to be Chelsea manager :D I would, just for the £25m pay off. I bet he didn't even buy a lottery ticket :D

Put it this way, as much as I dislike Chelsea :o , I'd happily be their manager for the pay off and the opportunity to take them back to the division they belong in :D

Even Leeds get better attendences in Division 2. :D

Edited by mrtoad

At the end of the day, a clear conscience makes a soft pillow.

So does £25mill, although Sky TV are denying any deal has been struck, Jose is and has been at The Bridge all afternoon trying to sort it.

Chelsea have released a statement saying Jose was not sacked nor did he resign.

redrus

I don't think that managers and players should be under the same rule. The reason is that most teams have a squad of 30 or so players. If one player player is unhappy and wants to quit the club then it's easy to move someone into the team replace him.

With the manager, there is only one person in charge. If he decides to leave or quit halfway through the season then the team would be in big trouble. He should be the most important member of the team so I think that it's not viable for players and managers to be governed by the same rules.

I voted agsinst managers having the same rule as players. Whilst, I agree that managers do deserve somewhat more protection from some of the ridiculous decisions that are made in the boardroom, the vast amounts of money and massive expectations of fans and board alike, mean that the manager has to get it right. It really is no different in the corporate world, where failing mnanagers are given the boot, even if the team under him have been failiing. Having, an option wherby managers can walk out mid season could certainly cause more problems for clubs who would be at the mercy of losing their managers during the window. In the end managers do leave clubs by walking out anyway if they wish too, and I don't really think any rule change would have any benefits.