Mutiple Same Number Sim Cards?

20yearsinthai

I looked into this briefly because I wanted a way to create a backup SIM in case the one in my phone failed. I have a significant amount of pre-paid value stored in the darned thing because of good deals on airtime promotions (T-Mobile, USA).

From what I have been able to find, cloning the current SIM technology is not easy. Besides, a cloned SIM may not operate properly if on-the-air simultaneously with its parent. (For my purpose I just wanted an off-air backup.)

Not sure if there's any kind of official offering for this service from the phone companies. The only thing I can think of that comes close is automatic forwarding, each phone to the other. However, you have to be careful how you do this not to set up a forwarding loop. Perhaps just one of the phones forwarded to the other.

kenk3z

I looked into this briefly because I wanted a way to create a backup SIM in case the one in my phone failed. I have a significant amount of pre-paid value stored in the darned thing because of good deals on airtime promotions (T-Mobile, USA).

From what I have been able to find, cloning the current SIM technology is not easy. Besides, a cloned SIM may not operate properly if on-the-air simultaneously with its parent. (For my purpose I just wanted an off-air backup.)

Not sure if there's any kind of official offering for this service from the phone companies. The only thing I can think of that comes close is automatic forwarding, each phone to the other. However, you have to be careful how you do this not to set up a forwarding loop. Perhaps just one of the phones forwarded to the other.

kenk3z

I have tried forwarding using different numbers. It works fine except that it charges the phone doing the forwarding--so i paid for each incomng forwarded call.

I had a failed sim and got a replacement from AIS within minutes-same phone number but different pin. suppose I should just ask them but was hoping somehere had some info.

So it would not be a problem to go to ais and tell them you had lost your sim card and you want a new one with the same number. But I bet the original card wiill not work anymore.

Seems to me that with the cost of phones coming down so much it would be convenient to have more than 1 mobile with the same number.