Are Thais Slow Builders? Or Is It Just Me?

Chow here is some info for you about the ceramic balls.

Ceramic insulating paint additive is a fine, white powder blend of high strength ceramic "microspheres". Each single ceramic microsphere is so small that it looks to the naked eye as if it is a single grain of flour, ( slightly thicker than a human hair).

The microspheres in the insulating ceramic additive have compressive strengths up to 60,000 psi, a softening point of about 1800° C., and they are fairly chemical resistant, with low thermal conductivity of 0.1 W / m / Deg.C.

The scientific process went one step farther and improved on the ceramic microspheres by removing all the gas inside which created a vacuum. Physics law states that nothing can move by conduction through a vacuum, since it represents an absence of matter. In effect we have a miniature thermos bottle... a microscopic hollow vacuum sphere that resists thermal conductivity and reduces the transfer of sound. When mixed into paint the painted surface dries to a tightly packed layer of the hard, hollow "microspheres", ( ceramic vacuum matrix technology.) The tightly packed film reflects and dissipates heat by minimizing the path for the transfer of heat. The ceramics are able to reflect, refract and block heat radiation (loss or gain) and dissipate heat rapidly preventing heat transfer through the coating with as much as 90% of solar infrared rays and 85% of ultra violet-rays being radiated back into the atmosphere.

And that is enough on this subject.

I see you read the Hy-Tech paint company's web site and decided to post some of their information here. Would you like to discuss point by point what is said here and see how it implies one thing and means another? This is a totally unpersuaseive set of facts when seen for what it is....it is more notable for what is not said than for what is said.....it probably sounds really impressive to someone who really doesn't know much about these kinds of things....

The companies that sell these products seem like snake oil salesmen....they are long on confusing "facts" and short on real practical information....they say they save you energy but they NEVER say how much....they give you a ton of useful "facts" but in the end if you look at the reflectivity of their paints it is about the same as any old plain white paint and if you look at the conductivity of their paint it is clear that it is not effective as an insulator. They give you alot of weasel words and confusing blab but the bottom line seems to be that their paints thermal performance is not impressive and seems no better than standard paint.

Would you like to discuss what you posted point by point?...I doubt it.

Chownah

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I am no expert at it, the key here is really to figure out ways to design something with a simple structure and rough carpentry that is finished with furniture that you can move in. Works for my tastes, but if you really like marble you are asking for extra pain.

i do like marble. in fact i like marble very much and that goes for all the 600m² i walk on including my pool area :o

Dont you find that dangerously slippy ??

I have sandwash around with some inlaid tilework decorative squares.. Wish I didnt have the tilework as its deadly with wet feet and mucking around..

Let's go back to basic physics.

Heat is transfered by either conduction, convection or radiation,

A paint applied to an external surface could reduce the heat absorbed only by radiating that energy.

Minimally by conduction and convection would not be apllicable.

I laugh my ballox off when I see people placing foil reflectant underneath roof tiles.

I used to live in a Thai house that had no roof insulation.. Blue tiled roof.. Upstairs in the house (it was a converted 1.5 story kind of home) was almost unbearable in midday to evening.. Then after being there a year or so the landlords were doing some work and redid the roof with the 'silver foil backed fiberglass' about 2 cm thick... The difference in daytime temps up there was huge.. from unbrearable (guessing high high 40's even 50's it was like a sauna) to a hot but bearable mid 30's..

That cant be all psychological.