Wifi at don muang airport

simon43

Actually the airport is a great place to watch farangs with their Thai GFs!  You get the crowd of fat northern Brits (sory lads) on holiday who have acquired a GF for a few days. Lots of tears as they say goodbye to thei guys..then tears dry up as soon as the guys have disappeared from view.....

Sometime I ocasionally see a really honest farang with a nice GF - so romantic...oh sorry! looking in the mirror :o

As for the WiFi stuff, I love techie things and could do with keeping check on my business etc whilst at the airport.  Bt I think the subscription for these WiFi services is high!!

I read recently that a WiFi 'hotspot' has been set up at Don Muang airport. Anyway have any contact details for the service provider cos I can't seem to find their contact details.

cheers

25-06-03

Public broadband Internet to be launched in Bangkok

TelecomAsia outlines hotspot plans

BANGKOK: TelecomAsia is planning to set up 100 public broadband Internet kiosks as well as up to 100 Internet wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) hotspots in Bangkok this year.

TA director and general manager Noppadol Dej-udom noted that the broadband Internet kiosks will be dubbed "TA Stations" and the first four units will be set up in the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre.

The kiosks will complement TA's first public wireless Internet service in the convention centre, which it announced last week.

Mr Noppadol said each TA Station would be coin-operated and would also be installed at fastfood chain stores soon.

Around 50 kiosks will be set up initially and TA expects to increase the access service to 100 kiosks by the end of this year.

Each TA Station will also provide Wi-Fi access. As a result, one kiosk can serve not only those who use the kiosk, but also support up to eight concurrent Internet users nearby.

The stations will be linked to its high-speed fibre network.

"The kiosk will include a seat and a web cam for video chatting. Users can enjoy eating while surfing the Internet," Mr Noppadol noted.

Meanwhile, TA will launch its public wireless Internet hotspots at IT Mall Fortune Town before implementing further hotspots in office buildings, schools, department stores and airports.

Currently, the price for TA's broadband Internet service is 3 baht per minute.

Mr Noppadol said TA plans to set up 100 hotspots this year.

TA also has wireless Internet packages for home users and small and medium enterprises.

"We believe that when users try broadband, they will not want to come back to lower speeds. Therefore, we want to make the availability of the access as widespread as possible," he noted.

Source: Mobile Commerce

From Thaivisa.com

Binatng   :o