Colon Cleanse Bangkok

fsk9777

Hi, I am moving to Bangkok on Tuesday and would love to start a healthier lifestyle. To jump start this "new me" I would like to go for some colon hydrotherapy sessions, do you know where is a reputable place and how much it should cost. I am living in Sukhumvit!

Thank you,

Hi, I am moving to Bangkok on Tuesday and would love to start a healthier lifestyle. To jump start this "new me" I would like to go for some colon hydrotherapy sessions, do you know where is a reputable place and how much it should cost. I am living in Sukhumvit!

Thank you,

If you're over 50 then I would strongly recommend a flexible sigmoidoscopy or a colonoscopy, anything else would just be a waste of your time. Just an opinion though. No offense intended.

Mike

Yanhee Hospital, baht 800, open 7 days a week, 8 am - 7 pm, no appointment necessary - just walk in and register on ground floor, go up to 5th floor. Session takes about 45 minutes, clean and sterile, private room. In thai, it's called "Lang lum sai" meaning clean the colon.

On BTS, go to Victory Monument, then take a taxi.

I'm not their agent, just a satisfied customer.

Evolution spent an awful long time optimising your insides. I suggest you think twice.

I suppose the opposite argument is that we've short circuted evolution with the diet that we've created for ourselves?

True. Eat fruits and veggies with Whey protein enhanced shakes (lowfat dairy or soy) for protein. Do this for 2-3 weeks and the colon will cleanse itself naturally without upsetting the probiotic balance. But many people are too impatient and want to pressure wash. Consistent/healthy eating habits, not periodic hydro injection, is the way to go.

I for one could not imagine going to a place where the sanitation can only be assumed. There are some incredibly nasty bugs out there, many of which are now resistant. If you must, do it at home after a thorough sanitize of the equipment.

Evolution spent an awful long time optimising your insides. I suggest you think twice.

My philisophy in life is: Say nothing if you can't say anything positive..

So here goes: The only people benifitting from this "procedure" are the ones collecting 3000 baht to do it...

I suppose the opposite argument is that we've short circuted evolution with the diet that we've created for ourselves?

True, that's why flushing out the protective mucus lining of the colon is a bad idea, it's there to protect you from the garbage we eat.

True. Eat fruits and veggies with Whey protein enhanced shakes (lowfat dairy or soy) for protein. Do this for 2-3 weeks and the colon will cleanse itself naturally without upsetting the probiotic balance. But many people are too impatient and want to pressure wash. Consistent/healthy eating habits, not periodic hydro injection, is the way to go.

I for one could not imagine going to a place where the sanitation can only be assumed. There are some incredibly nasty bugs out there, many of which are now resistant. If you must, do it at home after a thorough sanitize of the equipment.

This whole subject amazes me......I think I agree with the Australian Minister,who some years ago commenting on Princess Diana and her colon cleaning habits said it was the same as having someone to S+++ for you.

You'd think the colon was an old clay pipe bend rather then a constantly active living mechanism that moves with peristalsis and stretches and absorbs and emits lubricating substances constantly. I never thought I could be bothered......but here's a typical example of the ridiculously non scientific grounds for colon "therapy". It is a typical example of dangerous simplistic mind at work, the sort that annoys me and gives me energy to ###### it. The first (and only I can assure you) website I visit says

"Testimonials are mounting as to the effectiveness of colon hydrotherapy.

Harold J. Rielly, D. Ph.T., D.S in “The Handbook for Health”, (1975), illustrates a case in which a woman, after having a series of colonic treatments and fume baths, reported that her yellow skin cast cleared dramatically and that she needed new make-up to go with her new “white skin”.

Another case example cites a woman afflicted with chronic headaches and extreme lethargy. She left her job, was unable to perform her day to day tasks and she never ventured out of the home. Several medical doctors were unable to reverse her condition. One in fact pronounced her “a mental case” and suggested psychiatric treatment. She met with Dr. Rielly who conducted a series of colonics. After the second colonic, the colour of her complexion changed and soon her energy level was restored. She performed her daily tasks, socialized outside of the home and her symptoms eventually disappeared."

....remembering human beings QED do tend to get better without any treatment at all it then amazingly goes on to ordain that

"Clearly, her problem was a build up of toxins, not a psychiatric disorder."

Clear to who?........is that really the best he could come up with?....... totally unjustifiable conclusions with an anecdote base of, yes, TWO.

All treatments for humans should be based on the gold standard....... double blind testing wherever possible of a statistically valid sample. If someone can present me with that please do so. Without it nobody will be sticking anything up my Khyber.

Edited by sleepyjohn

If you're over 50 then I would strongly recommend a flexible sigmoidoscopy or a colonoscopy, anything else would just be a waste of your time. Just an opinion though. No offense intended.

Mike

If people followed your advice, a lot of lives would be saved. The plus to it is all the water you have to drink does a much better job at flushing your insides out than the alternative.

• 1 year later...

Thank you,

become an Alian hunter,when you find one ,they will give you the anal probe for free :o

Thank you,

sorry to have to tell you this- they are a complete and utter waste of time health wise, a total rip off and a joke to anyone who knows anything about this area( there was great programe on TV just last night about this- top USA doctor on oprah winfrey show,the verdict= zero health benifits)

it is just a fad some people are cashing in on under the health banner

and they are not cheap

if you like things being squirted up your ass that a differnet story, but please do not allow anyone to make you think it is doing you any good

the diet is the most important thing by far

the idea that the colon store lots of waste and that can be flushed out is simply insane

good luck

You'd think the colon was an old clay pipe bend rather then a constantly active living mechanism that moves with peristalsis and stretches and absorbs and emits lubricating substances constantly. I never thought I could be bothered......but here's a typical example of the ridiculously non scientific grounds for colon "therapy". It is a typical example of dangerous simplistic mind at work, the sort that annoys me and gives me energy to ###### it. The first (and only I can assure you) website I visit says

"Testimonials are mounting as to the effectiveness of colon hydrotherapy.

Harold J. Rielly, D. Ph.T., D.S in “The Handbook for Health”, (1975), illustrates a case in which a woman, after having a series of colonic treatments and fume baths, reported that her yellow skin cast cleared dramatically and that she needed new make-up to go with her new “white skin”.

Another case example cites a woman afflicted with chronic headaches and extreme lethargy. She left her job, was unable to perform her day to day tasks and she never ventured out of the home. Several medical doctors were unable to reverse her condition. One in fact pronounced her “a mental case” and suggested psychiatric treatment. She met with Dr. Rielly who conducted a series of colonics. After the second colonic, the colour of her complexion changed and soon her energy level was restored. She performed her daily tasks, socialized outside of the home and her symptoms eventually disappeared."

....remembering human beings QED do tend to get better without any treatment at all it then amazingly goes on to ordain that

"Clearly, her problem was a build up of toxins, not a psychiatric disorder."

Clear to who?........is that really the best he could come up with?....... totally unjustifiable conclusions with an anecdote base of, yes, TWO.

All treatments for humans should be based on the gold standard....... double blind testing wherever possible of a statistically valid sample. If someone can present me with that please do so. Without it nobody will be sticking anything up my Khyber.

tesitmoneys by people who wanted to see results and not under objective conditions- in other words meaningless

I am not anti colonic I am just here to tell you the findings of almost every top medical facility in europe

one who have tested and retested

they are a joke, a total waste of time and money, they acheive zero that they are supposed to, they did not say it quite like this but it all equals the same

in many proper trials a camera was placed in the areas supposed to be cleansed----zero was affected

you simple cannot remove any toxins that way- there is no if's nor but but's, that is a simple fact

diet is the only way

ask any medical expert who does not have a share in his hospidals colonic ward

these appeal to a certain type of person, if they feel better for doing so, thats fine, but I take exeption to when they try and say its medically proven

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you,

Mike

retired navyman you indicate a colonoscopy as a means of colon cleansing ?? Is this double edged in other words the through cleansing from the solution you need to consume prior to the procedure and the actual "colonoscopy" aa a check of the vitals for men over 50?

• 3 weeks later...

Having been through variations on the procedure rather a lot of times for medical reasons, it is a mystery to me why anyone would do this voluntarily.

Honestly, I don't think it is good for you *at all*. It definitely disrupts normal functioning and I don't think it does the balance of microrganisms living in your gut (which you need) much good either. In my opinion people would be far, far better off just eating a balanced diet with an adequate amount of fibre and letting nature take its course.

I'll stick to my muesli. Which I enjoy. Can't say the same about 'the procedure'.

Edited by Crushdepth

• 1 year later...

Hi, I was in Bangkok with my 2 daughters at Christmas. They wanted to have a Colon Cleanse, so after reserching who did it and prices. I found the Yanhee hospital It's a large modern hospital treating all medical conditions, and plastic surgery. Just enter yanhee hospital bangkok on google or whatever you use. You can make an appointment on line. Or they have a live chat service where you can check cost. I think it was adout £15.

I did find spa's that did the cleanse but at a very high cost. They were both happy with the results, you can choose a fast or slow cleanse. They said the slow was best. Good luck

If colon cleansing washes away intestinal flora, and it's a bad thing, then wouldn't we suffer after colonoscopy?

If broad spectrum antibiotics kill intestinal flora, and this is bad for us, why aren't probiotics given alongside them? Similarly, why are antibiotics being fed to animals when they know they will be ingested by humans and upset our gut flora?

If liquids being flushed out of the colon remove bowel flora or the mucus layer and this is bad, why don't people experience health problems following bouts of diarrhoea?

This article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut_flora#Acq...n_human_infants makes clear the role of gut flora is complex and not fully understood. It's probably fair to say we shouldn't mess around with it without knowing what we are doing but in the absence of science, trial and error can indicate where any risks lie. On that score millions have experienced colon cleansing of one kind or another, without apparent mishap. Spas get plenty of happy customers and repeat business.

I don't have any concerns myself about enemas because if they do flush out bacteria it's from the lower part of the colon only. But I would be more wary of repetitive flushes of the whole GI tract, such as with the 'Master Cleanse'. My experience is that probiotics, yoghurt drinks and enemas, kefir and fermented foods are invariably part of any bowel cleansing or 'detox' program.

Some famous flushers:

Mae West was long celebrated for her vitality. She put it down to a daily enema.

Hindu Yogis have fasted and colon cleansed for thousands of years.

In Ayurveda colon cleansing is a fundamental part of Panchakarma (body cleansing and detoxification) and has been for 5000 years.

Back in 1993, The Globe published that the late Princess of Wales had her bowels washed out with 12 gallons of water 3 times a week, being released from anorexia, headaches, tiredness, allergies, depression and candida.

Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, the famous surgeon father of Kellogg's Corn Flakes, used enemas on a regular basis. He believed that the bowel could be the origin of most health problems, hence the creation of Kellogg's cereal as an aid in colon function after he performed over 20,000 colon surgeries. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

Holistic Medical Centre on the 20th floor of Asoke Building.

Yes..ultra expensive..whilst some of the treatments they offer are helpful..some, in my view, could be described as somewhat suspect price wise and this is from personal experience..

Edited by John45

Somehow, a post by "FullWhenEmpty" in a thread on colon cleansing gives me a chuckle... Good combination there...

But seriously, I've never seen any credible medical evidence showing that this kind of stuff has any legitimate benefit... except...as someone above pointed out...for those who like having something squirted up their ....