China This Week For Gp Can I Get Visa Same Time?

funfun

hi im thinking of going to china for grand prix this weekend does anyone know if i can get a tourist visa same from an embassy or consulate and are they helpfull as pennang or not good same as phon pehn?

cheers chris

in fact ant travel tips at all will be helpfull never been to china.

hi im thinking of going to china for grand prix this weekend does anyone know if i can get a tourist visa same from an embassy or consulate and are they helpfull as pennang or not good same as phon pehn?

cheers chris

You can in the UK. There is a fee for same day & a slightly cheaper one for express (1 day) service.

cheers chris

I assume you are going to Shanghai? Take the maglev train from the second level to get to the subway system. Then you can take the subway downtown. Much better in my opinion compared to taking a taxi. Touts will want to take you, just ignore them.

As for sightseeing...

The Bund - It is along the river. It is the old colonial buildings when western powers controlled Shanghai. Has a nice view at night of the Pudong skyline across the river. This of course depends on the weather, many times it is covered in fog and clouds. They are building China's tallest building across the river.

Pearl Tower - You can take a boat across the river, take a taxi through a tunnel or they have a passenger tram that goes under the river to get to the Pudong side. Once there you can go up in the Pearl Tower.

Nanjing Lu - A very famous shopping street in Shanghai. Meets up with the Bund to form a "T". Starts where the Peace hotel is on the Bund. After a few blocks, it becomes a pedestrian only road. Watch for the crossing traffic and the trams you can ride though. Ignore the "students" that will approach you wanting you to come to their art show.

Also, be warned this week is one of China's two Golden Weeks (other being the spring festival around February each year). Much of the country has the week off. Many people use it as a time to take a vacation. It will probably be crowded, and more expensive because there will be no discounts during this time.

Check out www.ctrip.com for chinese hotel reservations. They do a pretty good job. Use them for most of my travel needs in China.

Jim