Can A Thai Get Here On Her Own?

bit of a random one this, i've got a female friend in thailand (not a bargirl) who's uni educated and her family are very well off. She says she may come to the UK to visit so I joked with her about having a sponsor etc and she said no she was doing it off her own back (with family funding).

Is this possible? I naturally assumed all or most Thai girls who visit the UK do so with help from this end?

Or can those more fortunate travel fairly freely?

bit of a random one this, i've got a female friend in thailand (not a bargirl) who's uni educated and her family are very well off. She says she may come to the UK to visit so I joked with her about having a sponsor etc and she said no she was doing it off her own back (with family funding).

Is this possible? I naturally assumed all or most Thai girls who visit the UK do so with help from this end?

Yes they can. The Embassy will look at all the usual factors and weight them accordingly. Does she have enough money to cover the trip, does she have GOOD reasons to return to Thailand, does she own real estate in Thailand (part of the reason to return), etc. All the Embassy wants to know is that she can afford to make the visit, will be able to support herself whilst she's away and that she will return as planned and not cost the tax payer anything. A bit like the same motives the Thai government has really when it looks at Farangs who want to stay here.

Yes they can. The Embassy will look at all the usual factors and weight them accordingly. Does she have enough money to cover the trip, does she have GOOD reasons to return to Thailand, does she own real estate in Thailand (part of the reason to return), etc. All the Embassy wants to know is that she can afford to make the visit, will be able to support herself whilst she's away and that she will return as planned and not cost the tax payer anything. A bit like the same motives the Thai government has really when it looks at Farangs who want to stay here.

Yup I am with chiang mai. Does she have GOOD reasons to return to Thailand!! That is IT the main thing they're concern. From what you said she does sound confident and been traveling on her own, otherwise she would have had mentioned to ask for your help, ect. I think she knows what she's doing and it should not have any problems.

Of course they can.

I know and work with countless thai females who travel alone to UK, USA, Japan, Aussie, NZL etc.. for business and tourism reasons.