Thai Farang Fights

xyborg

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

saw a farang in his 30s beat up a thai half his size in his 50s in silom. no-one stepped in. until the end when some passers by got him to stop kicking the thai while he was lying on the ground. the guy walked away liked he'd won a world championship or something. though if it had happened further up the road towards saladaeng it would have probably been a different story.

Edited by longway

<br />saw a farang in his 30s beat up a thai half his size in his 50s in silom. no-one stepped in. until the end when some passers by got him to stop kicking the thai while he was lying on the ground. the guy walked away liked he'd won a world championship or something. though if it had happened further up the road towards saladaeng it would have probably been a different story.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes I think many would rather not get involved at all. Oh dear you may have upset Kiakaha with this reply though??

<br />saw a farang in his 30s beat up a thai half his size in his 50s in silom. no-one stepped in. until the end when some passers by got him to stop kicking the thai while he was lying on the ground. the guy walked away liked he'd won a world championship or something. though if it had happened further up the road towards saladaeng it would have probably been a different story.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes I think many would rather not get involved at all. Oh dear you may have upset Kiakaha with this reply though??

cant have been a thai, must have been a cambodian with no friends :o

<br /><br /><br />

cant have been a thai, must have been a cambodian with no friends :o

i think alot depends on where u are. in a bar district, other thais would have be on him u like flies on shit and tbf he was an behaving like a c*nt. however this part of silom road rather middle class and staid, there werent even any tuk tuk drivers near-by.

to give more detail

i was on the other side of the road when i heard this brit screaming and shouting abuse as he was coming out of some building. i can only guess he had had some kind of problem in there. he keeps on going on and on and this old chap who is dressed like one of the buiding maintanence staff decides he's had enough and moves towards the chap.

the brit now looks terrified and i thought for a second he was going to scarper. the thai kicks him once and the brit realsies that the littel guy is no match for him and they engage in some kind of half assed muay thai with the brit overpowering the thai by sheer size and weight. he gets the thai on the floor and proceeds to put the boot in, thats when one of the passers-by puts his arm in front of the brit and says enough. the brit then wlaks off screaming and yelling as if he's some kind of hero.

i think its true you have to very careful around here if you get into trouble, but from what i saw that the notion thais will always wade in for other thais is at least partly a myth. i did have 4 farangs gang up on me once, but tahts another story :D

Yes I was rather thinking that this kind of "story" of all Thais wading in to kick the Farang senseless was in the general society outside of "Tourist" areas more of a myth spread by the bar stool birgade.

Saw 5 Thais chase another into a supermarket once , security ran a mile and everyone else rushed to watch, no one intervened but it was nothing serious as in guns or knives more pushing and shoving and plenty of shouting.

Lat year when I was in Silom, I was talking to a guy who was trying to tout for something but I can't remember what it was. I was walking along looking at food got mixed-up with a drunk tout in his late 20's or early 30's when all of a sudden, a guy comes up and begins yelling at him in Thai, pointing at me and begins pushing him backwards! The friends of the shouting guy smiles at me and assures me that everything is OK. In my mind I am wondering what I should do. I only had 1 day left in Thailand, I didn't know this person but I didn't want to run away from the situation either....

Well his friends begin to push the lone drunk tout and the yelling gets louder. The shouting guy pick up some pipes on the ground from a dismantled vending stall and bangs them together and advances towards the lone, drunk tout. I held the guy from behind in a bear-hug and repeat over and over "Don't kill him" and the guy is yelling at me to let him go. I am telling him to not kill the guy... He drops the pipes and turns his head to try to look at me and yells at me asking me "Who are you?!" Well I thought it over... Who am I? I am just a guy who does not want to be beat-up on the final days of my vacation in Thailand. So I let him go and got in the first taxi I saw and went back to my hotel.

The next day I seen the Tout. He was in a good mood and seem to have both his eyes and no cuts or bruises. He did not say a word to me and even seem to ignore me.

I hope that event is as close as I will ever come to being in a fight in Thailand.

It may hurt your ego and your manly esteem but do the sensible thing for everyone, especially yourself and just walk away, every time. Life is too precious to you to and too cheap in this country to do otherwise. Here endeth the lesson.

It may hurt your ego and your manly esteem but do the sensible thing for everyone, especially yourself and just walk away, every time. Life is too precious to you to and too cheap in this country to do otherwise. Here endeth the lesson.

Amen, brotha.... :o

Good on you for trying to protect someone alone from getting beaten by a guy using metal objects. Several times I've seen a show of quick resistance from a 3rd party like that diffuse a very bad situation. Of course, there are also times when the "peacekeeper" gets hurt more than the intended victim too, but I haven't seen that yet myself.

Years ago I use to work in a mental institution where I learned holds and defenses and an insight on dealing with confrontational situations. I removed myself from the situation when I thought it was best for me.... If only because I did not know the language and did not know what was being said.

I like to say I would never do it again but I don't know..... I don't think I could just do nothing in a situation like the one that happened.

Also, during and after my involvement in the situation, I realized I could die here in Thailand and if I were to move to Thailand I am sure I would get myself killed by doing the right thing.... And I can live with that...... So I won't move... :o

Good on you for trying to protect someone alone from getting beaten by a guy using metal objects. Several times I've seen a show of quick resistance from a 3rd party like that diffuse a very bad situation. Of course, there are also times when the "peacekeeper" gets hurt more than the intended victim too, but I haven't seen that yet myself.

About ten years ago two Katoeys tried to pick my pocket on beach road in Pattaya as I was walking to my hotel about 4:00 AM.

As I pushed one away he/ she fell to the ground the other pulled a knife out.

Fortunately there was a nice piece of wood, like a 2x4, in the gutter.

I quickly picked it up gave the one with the knife a good solid shot on the head and she fell to the side walk.

It didn't look split open so I gave it one more shot for good measure.

The other one got up and ran down the street.

I threw the board sort of like a spear, got lucky, and caught the other one with a nice shot in the mid thoracic spine. She kept on running.

Training gleaned from just another day in the ghetto town of my birth in Newark, New Jersey.

I still have the knife to this day ... :o

About ten years ago two Katoeys tried to pick my pocket on beach road in Pattaya as I was walking to my hotel about 4:00 AM.

I quickly picked it up gave the one with the knife a good solid shot on the head and she fell to the side walk.

I threw the board sort of like a spear, got lucky, and caught the other one with a nice shot in the mid thoracic spine. She kept on running.

Training gleaned from just another day in the ghetto town of my birth in Newark, New Jersey.

somehow im not surprised to find you spend your time in a gutter.

Was stopped at a red light outside my favorite som tam place (Tam Lak on Sukapibal 3) and saw a farang getting ganged up on yesterday afternoon. Started out as light shoving, but escalated to the farang getting kicked around in the dirt. Was about to get out and intervene before knives or other weapons came out, but luckily an anubarn school bus pulled up and all the kids lined up, straightened up/dusted off their uniforms and sped off on the bus.

:o

Edited by Heng

That's not the Pepe I've come to know. :D Good on ya.

Whatever happened to those 2 farangs who got beat up by about 30 Thais not long ago, were brought to the hospital with the Thais following the ambulances and beat them some more INSIDE the hospital?

Yep, don't mess with the locals. Alright to give a prick of a farang a slap once in a while though :o

The funniest one I ever saw was in Patpong. They had a boxing ring set up and Muay Thai boxers. I thought they were putting on a pretty good show. There was a Brit who was acting (?) like he was drunk. He was yelling about how phony the boxers were. One Thai boxer was still in the ring when the fat gut Brit bully climbed in the ring. At the time I was convinced that it was part of the act. No one could be that stupid. The Brit rushed the boxer and received a kick in the gut. It sent him nearly across the ring. He then starts yelling like a mad man that he is going to kill the skinny little boxer. He received a kick aside the head for that rush. I didn't bother him any and he kept after the boxer. He was swinging wildly but couldn't hit the little guy. He finally got the boxer trapped in the corner, got his arms around him and lifted him up. The boxer's elbows beat on the Brit's head until blood was streaming and the Brit collapsed. It finally dawned on my that it WASN'T part of the act. The crowd watching was enjoying it and cheering wildly. Four Thais carried the idiot out of the ring and left him laying against a building. The fights went on and the next time I looked the idiot was gone. I've always wondered if he learned anything and how he explained all the cuts on his head.

Whatever happened to those 2 farangs who got beat up by about 30 Thais not long ago, were brought to the hospital with the Thais following the ambulances and beat them some more INSIDE the hospital?

Dude, I was there! We were with the group of Thais who stopped to help to drive those poor b@stards to the hospital. Of course, we got in a few good choke holds and head noogies before dropping them off in front of Bangkok Pattaya Hospital...

...where I told one of my connections there to have them go ahead and run up their respective bills with some CAT and MRI scans because these guys were out of it!

Edited by Heng

Dude, I was there! We were with the group of Thais who stopped to help to drive those poor b@stards to the hospital. Of course, we got in a few good choke holds and head noogies before dropping them off in front of Bangkok Pattaya Hospital...

...where I told one of my connections there to have them go ahead and run up their respective bills with some CAT and MRI scans because these guys were out of it!

Has someone else logged in on Heng's account?" Dude I was there" just doesn't sound like Heng :D

The funniest one I ever saw was in Patpong. They had a boxing ring set up and Muay Thai boxers. I thought they were putting on a pretty good show. There was a Brit who was acting (?) like he was drunk. He was yelling about how phony the boxers were. One Thai boxer was still in the ring when the fat gut Brit bully climbed in the ring. At the time I was convinced that it was part of the act. No one could be that stupid. The Brit rushed the boxer and received a kick in the gut. It sent him nearly across the ring. He then starts yelling like a mad man that he is going to kill the skinny little boxer. He received a kick aside the head for that rush. I didn't bother him any and he kept after the boxer. He was swinging wildly but couldn't hit the little guy. He finally got the boxer trapped in the corner, got his arms around him and lifted him up. The boxer's elbows beat on the Brit's head until blood was streaming and the Brit collapsed. It finally dawned on my that it WASN'T part of the act. The crowd watching was enjoying it and cheering wildly. Four Thais carried the idiot out of the ring and left him laying against a building. The fights went on and the next time I looked the idiot was gone. I've always wondered if he learned anything and how he explained all the cuts on his head.

That brings back old memories of that muay thai bar in Patpong. That must have been what, 15 years ago or so?

Has someone else logged in on Heng's account?" Dude I was there" just doesn't sound like Heng :D

edit: Pa-toh!, I was there!

:D

Now that sounds like a story... details or links please...

Cheers,

Daewoo

What is the point of this comment? TV attracts some real dimwits

What is the point of this comment? TV attracts some real dimwits

right for the 1st time ever i think

Edited by longway

That brings back old memories of that muay thai bar in Patpong. That must have been what, 15 years ago or so?

That's about right. I think late 1991 or early 1992.

i must have a sick sense of humour cos that bit made me laugh out loud

I once witnessed a thai/farang boxing match in Pattaya in one of those beer bar boxing rings off walking st. After several rounds the farang was clearly dominating the Thai. After the final bell rang and the ref was holding up the farang's gloved hand, declaring him victor, the thai (who apparently had his feelings hurt by losing) started to attack the farang from BEHIND. One of the worst displays of cowardice I've ever seen. The farang never saw him coming. Talk about taking cheap shots...

Other than that I have witnessed thais kicking the crap out of tourists in Patong while police have stood by grinning. Never seen a one-on-one fight here, other than farang/farang, but that doesn't mean it never happens.

Unfortunately, I've seen a couple of Thai "fights" and there's always been a 4-6 against 1 ratio involved. The worst one was in Pattaya just off 3rd Road. While I was waiting for a traffic light to change near 3rd Road, I heard a girl scream, and when I looked to see what was going on there were at least 6 Thai guys (late teens to early twenties) kicking another young Thai man while he was on the ground. The girl (his GF I assume) was being held by one of these a--holes. She was frantic and eventually broke free from his grasp. By this time, the poor guy on the ground had suffered what must have been a broken nose (blood smeared all over his face) and probably some broken ribs, judging by the force he was being kicked. The girl threw herself on top of her boyfriend in an attempt to protect him, but that didn't stop these gutless jerks. They just carried on with their brutal assault, kicking her as well. It was a horrible thing to see and reminded me that one should be very careful about getting into a fight with a Thai. I'm really convinced that there is no such thing as a fair 1 to1 fight in this country. Strange for a culture that seems to put so much value on saving face. How much face can one save when they know they're being a spineless coward?