Cambodia Visa

Technically, yes, you can get an Ordinary (which is what the Business visa is called) visa at land borders. However, they are notorious for extorting additional 'fees' for any excuse they can make up. The airport is more 'official', and in plain view, and not much opportunity for shenanigans exists.

What I would like to know, definitively, is whether you can get an Ordinary (Business) visa in advance at the the Cambodian Embassy in Phnom Penh, without getting overcharged. Anyone?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to get business visa on arrival if you enter NOT by airplane pls?

Yes,you can request a business( now called an ordinary) visa if arriving at a land border,the cost should be 25USD,but invariably you will be asked for more-ranging from about 30USD at most borders to 1500THB at the notorious Koh Kong border-up to you if you pay or hold out for a reduced quote!

Re the last poster-do you mean the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks Richard,exactly as u said!

When the biz visa is extended for 3 months does that make a total of 4 months (initial month plus three more)?

Or is it the initial month plus two more?

Reason I want to know is that I'll renting monthly and if I can stay slightly longer than three months I'll do the daily rate for a few days to start to give me more time to find a monthly.

Much appreciated if i can get a quick answer as I'm in PP now.

And a second question, can I get a new USA passport at the American Embassy in Phnom Penh as it expires January 14th 2012 and I am under the impression I must re-enter Thailand with 6 months left on my passport. I currently have a Thai retirement visa with a re-enrty permit.

yes, i got my last passport in PP, took 10 days and no problem with visas for Thailand as i have a 1 year thia visa and then just transfer it, BUT it can ONLY be transferred at the office it was issued. you cna thna just show ur old passport wiht the current visa and they will stamo u in on the new passport tillu get the extension transfered over.

• 2 months later...

Apartments do not usualy come with internet access , but there are so many internet cafes around that should be no problem for you . I have a 2 room apartment with good sized balcony , everything included , furniture , cable TV , cooking facilities , large fridge etc , have to supply your own cooking utensils , pots , pans etc , good sized toilet in room(that works) . Rent is $120.00 a month plus electric , water , cable and cooking gas , comes out at about $45.00 a month , i have my own old computer in the room , have a reliable ISP , rent a phone , $8.00 a month and never get bothered by any-one .
With the no-hastle visa and friendly people , Cambodia living is a breeze compared to Thailand , never been approached by police , never confronted by local drunks , ex-pats are friendly , you can start your own buisiness , become a resident in 5 years , own property , sit back and relax .

Dumball thanks for the above scoop, what cities and websites do you recommend?

• 4 months later...

I ordered evisa for Cambodia yesterday. Was happy how comfortable it was.

After payment came the bill, 60! US Dollars. 28 for the government, 32 the service.

I was angry and protested. They cancelled it.

Today I have read all exactly. It was written all, but, in spite of this, before it s to pay, the price must be to see.

To get the visa at the border, three years ago, was very easy.

After payment came the bill, 60! US Dollars. 28 for the government, 32 the service.

Today I have read all exactly. It was written all, but, in spite of this, before it s to pay, the price must be to see.

$60 for one month visa? Obscene price, indeed. Hope you got a refund.

I was just with a guy crossing at Bavet, KH-Moc Bai VN. He paid $20 for Cambo visa on arrival.

Order your evisa at the right place and it's 25 USD.

Here is the link http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

u did not go to the OFFICAL site where it is ONLY $28, http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

Visa at border is indeed easy an i have never gotten the evisa but know many people that do as it saves a page in ur passport

• 3 weeks later...

Applications for a visa must be made in either English or Khmer and the following is required when applying for any visa:

• A completed visa application form
  • A passport with at least 3 months validity from the intended date of departure from Cambodia
  • One recent passport sized photograph (4x6 cm)
WHERE TO APPLY

Cambodian visa can be obtained by the following:

• Up on Arrival at any of Cambodia’s international border checkpoints . The application form can be obtained on the flight or at the visa counter.
  • Any of Cambodia embassy

In addition, the following is required for each of the following visa classes:

Diplomatic visa
  • Third person note or Note Verbal
Official visa
  • Letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation or be the holder of an Official Passport (If you are coming to Cambodia to work for a non-governmental organization or International Organization, your employers should contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation before your arrival in order to make the proper arrangements).
Courtesy visa
  • Letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
Tourist visa:
  • Appropriate visa fee - $USD20
  • Demonstrate that they have sufficient funds for their stay
  • A return or onward ticket or evidence of an onward journey
Ordinary visa (Formerly known as Business Visa):
  • Appropriate visa fee - $USD25
  • For people coming for business purposes - supporting business documentation, either a local business sponsor letter or business license or evidence of previous business activity (Note: You will never be asked for any supporting documentation!)
Transit visa
  • Appropriate fee
Special “K” visa
  • Provide evidence that at least one parent is Cambodian

Tourist visa:

Chong Chom Border Crossing 1000 baht or more.

When crossing at land border's, make sure you are aware of the correct price for the visa you wish to obtain, have the correct change in $US, and if they try to make you pay in Baht then tell them you only have $US and that you know the price...be smart don't allow them to rip you off.

Tourist visa:

Not if you stand there with a $20 bill, a sickly smile and an air of determination to stand there until they put the green sticker in your passport.

Tourist visa:

Not if you stand there with a $20 bill, a sickly smile and an air of determination to stand there until they put the green sticker in your passport.

Just talked to an individual and saw the passport, he just paid 1100 baht for a Cambodia Visa at Chong Chom.

Tourist visa:

Just talked to an individual and saw the passport, he just paid 1100 baht for a Cambodia Visa at Chong Chom.

I have paid $20 on a number of occasions.

If you really want to give tea money, make it $5 - 750 Baht is a lot better than 1100 Baht.

ONLY use Dollars and as, a previous poster suggested, just say "Mai mi Baht"

Tourist visa:

Unfortunately some people don't know the correct price and are afraid to stand up for their rights, therefore they get ripped off by corrupt immigration officials. The more people continue to pay the incorrect fees, the more this practice of corruption will continue. Did he receive a receipt, and did it state a payment received of 1100baht? I doubt that it did, because the official rates, as I posted above are current and correct. Also, are you saying that the price he paid for his visa was written on his visa or passport? If so, that is not normal procedure.

Two more gentlemen just back from Chong Chom, 1000 baht for visa and u-turn was 300 baht.

I think you are fair game on a border run like this.

Whilst not 100% fair, the Cambodian visa/immigration officers are taking the opportunity to "make a business out of it" (their words to me).

At the end of the day the visa runner is hardly leaving the country and is, arguably, abusing the visa by not actually going anywhere.

I was with a few people at the immigration window and one of the guys was asked "Are you returning to Thailand?" - he said yes, meaning after his trip to Siem Reap. They promptly charged him 300 Baht and stamped him in and out !

They did apologise, and refunded 300 Baht, after the error was pointed out to them.

Two more gentlemen just back from Chong Chom, 1000 baht for visa and u-turn was 300 baht.

I think you are fair game on a border run like this.

Whilst not 100% fair, the Cambodian visa/immigration officers are taking the opportunity to "make a business out of it" (their words to me).

At the end of the day the visa runner is hardly leaving the country and is, arguably, abusing the visa by not actually going anywhere.

I was with a few people at the immigration window and one of the guys was asked "Are you returning to Thailand?" - he said yes, meaning after his trip to Siem Reap. They promptly charged him 300 Baht and stamped him in and out !

They did apologise, and refunded 300 Baht, after the error was pointed out to them.

They still charge you 300 baht just 500 meters down the road by O'Smach at the arch as your leaving for Siem Reap. The 1000 baht visa will be leveled you even when your going to PP or SR.

Just something i noticed in the revolving ad that sometimes shows up,at the bottom, (at least on my computer) they are offering the Cambodia Evisa . BUT it is NOT the official one and they charge u more than double the official price of $28

This is the Official site, http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

It is in the ad served by google

Just something i noticed in the revolving ad that sometimes shows up,at the bottom, (at least on my computer) they are offering the Cambodia Evisa . BUT it is NOT the official one and they charge u more than double the official price of $28

Sae add on mine..Its a rip..Cant use it at Chong Chom anyway.

You can - for coming home.smile.png

You can - for coming home.smile.png

If and when they do allow an e-visa at Chong Chom for ENTRY then the scam is over..

• 2 months later...

yes you get a visa on arrival no problem you need $20 us and 2 passport photos.

I went to Cambodia 2 weeks ago. And didn't need any passport photo. They just make a copy of the photo in your passport. At least at the airport.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Air Asia refuses to allow you to board their planes without a visa - I saw this happen in November to people travelling to Vietnam (regardless of the fact you can obtain visa on arrival, according to the VN website).

I am booked to fly BKK - PNH in a few weeks time so I enquired with Air Asia as to whether they would allow me to fly without a visa as I want to apply for a business visa upon arrival in PP but they would not give a definitive answer - only referred me to their standard blah blah terms and conditions - so helpful...

I then contacted the Cambodia Embassy in Bangkok who were very friendly and willing to help; they informed me I am not able to apply for the new 'Ordinary' visa upon arrival and I will need to submit my application in Bangkok. They are willing to return my passport within 3 hours and the price is $25.

Has anyone had any different experience with this?

To add a little warning to those not vigilant to the corrupt practices of Thais, when you visit the Thai embassy in PP DO NOT speak to the (Cambodian) security staff, nor anyone else outside but proceed directly inside and take a number. These cretins offer a 'special service' which can shorten the time from 4 days down to 2, but I spoke nicely with the woman dealing with my (Non-o) application and she shortened mine to 2 days anyway... Funny how Thailand exports its corruption - this was the only rip-off attempt I came across in my (very short) stay in PP...

You can fly with Air Asia without having a visa

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Archived