Cambodia Visa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Still a little unclear for me, can I get a visa on arrival at PP airport when arriving from Thailand? I am finnish citizen and my other half is British. Only going to Cambodia for a week's holiday. Flying in but travelling out overlands. E-visa out of question.

Why would the e-visa be out of question? I always make an e-visa now:

1. I don't have to wait in line at the "visa on arrival" counter but can go right through to the immigration counter. Saving me 20 minutes or so in idle waiting time.

2. I don't get a full-page sticker in the passport, as others have mentioned.

Last month I entered Cambodia via Poi Pet and exited via the Cambodian-Vietnamese land border. No problem with the e-visa.

Of course, you can also get a visa at the Cambodian embassy in advance, saving you the waiting time for getting a "visa on arrival". Doing it on the internet at home on a lazy Sunday seems to be easier for me than driving to the embassy, standing in line, etc.

• 1 month later...
Have you had good experience with E Visa Aussie? I personally haven't tried them. Isn't it just as easy to get a visa on arrival?

I would imagine its no easier as your still going to have to have it converted to sticker for passport at immigration anyway. And knowing the border crossings there will be maybe an unofficial "convert to sticker" fee. Can't see the point in it myself.

There is no convert to sticker.

NB

• 1 month later...

I am flying to Phnom Phen with my son who holds a Thai Passport. While I know that I won't have any problem clearing Cambodian immigrations, I am not so sure about whether they will give my son a hard time. I have tried contacting the Royal Cambodian Embassy by Phone (new number) and by email. No success. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Do thai citizens need a visa / have to pay for visa on arrival for Kampuchea?

I have read both yes and no in TV.

Anyone with recent experience?

Thanks.

Yes.

eeuuuhhhhh

1. delta airlines visa site says thai do not need a visa for up to 2 weeks....

but i do not know if that information is recent - and it is not clear to me whether thai have to pay for a visa exemption on arrival

2. if thai need a visa / visa on arrival, could that be an e visa?

Unfortunately, i can not find the website of the Kampuchean embassy in BKK, sites with tourist information only talk about westerners, and the Kampuchea foreign affairs site (with info on e visa) is out.

I am in Canbodia with Thai national at present. For 14 day stay Thai national proceeds directly to immigration and no fee is required but this cannot be extended. If longer stay is planned then secure a visa prior to travel which allows 60 days stay.

Enjoy

I am in Canbodia with Thai national at present. For 14 day stay Thai national proceeds directly to immigration and no fee is required but this cannot be extended. If longer stay is planned then secure a visa prior to travel which allows 60 days stay.

Enjoy

thanks for the information!

Enjoy

thanks for the information!

This was flying into Phnom Penh 10 days ago. No idea if land crossing differ.

Thoroughly enjoyed this my first trip here and absolutely guarantee Ill wander this way again.

Thank you for reply. This makes me sleep better.

Enjoy

hey everyone

can anyone tell me

whether now go to cambodia by bus is still possible?

i planned to go to cambodia over land this week

but i heard the boarder were closed?

so only option is to fly???

Boarder is open. Go

Thank you so much,

so i can take a normal route to boarder, cross the boarder, then hire a taxi to siam riep?

what about the safety issue?

is it safe to travel now?

is there still tourists or visa run people around?

assuming there must still be troops there?

just came back to thailand from oversea, so don't know the situation much

• 2 months later...

I'm a US Citizen traveling by air to Phnom Penh to volunteer teach. I will be in Cambodia a little less than 90 days.

Leaving Friday from Bangkok so no time for e-visa but I just got extra pages in my passport and have way more than I need till expiration.

It appears that visa on arrival will be no problem. Just bring greenbacks and two passport photos, right?

Should I apply for a business visa or tourist visa?

Am i correct that in either case I'll be getting one month on arrival and then use an agent to extend. Thnx.

YES get a business visa at the airport ($25), sit at the front of the plane if u can so ur first off then u can extend in country for 3,6,12 months at any travel agent or Use Lucky Lucky motorcycles

The tourist visa can ONLY be extended for max 60 days

1 photo $25 cash

Thanks Richard,exactly as u said!

When the biz visa is extended for 3 months does that make a total of 4 months (initial month plus three more)?

Or is it the initial month plus two more?

Reason I want to know is that I'll renting monthly and if I can stay slightly longer than three months I'll do the daily rate for a few days to start to give me more time to find a monthly.

Much appreciated if i can get a quick answer as I'm in PP now.

And a second question, can I get a new USA passport at the American Embassy in Phnom Penh as it expires January 14th 2012 and I am under the impression I must re-enter Thailand with 6 months left on my passport. I currently have a Thai retirement visa with a re-enrty permit.

• 2 months later...

Do thai citizens need a visa / have to pay for visa on arrival for Kampuchea?

I have read both yes and no in TV.

Anyone with recent experience?

Thanks.

Yes.

Thai citizens don't need a visa for Cambodia, and Cambodian citizens don't need a visa for Thailand.

Any more. I believe the maximum stay is 14 days, but you'd better recheck.

Have you had good experience with E Visa Aussie? I personally haven't tried them. Isn't it just as easy to get a visa on arrival?

I would imagine its no easier as your still going to have to have it converted to sticker for passport at immigration anyway. And knowing the border crossings there will be maybe an unofficial "convert to sticker" fee. Can't see the point in it myself.

There is no convert to sticker.

NB

I used to use e-visa until earlier this year (have a year-visa now). No, there was no conversion to a full-page sticker for the e-visa, just a normal stamp.

• 2 months later...

Yes, Cambodia is far easier with visa rules than Thailand. (I can't contemplate living in Thailand any more - just too many rules & hoops to jump thru.)

Just remember Cambodia is poorer, & has less amenities, & higher crime.

I got my last Cambodian 1-year business visa at the airport on arrival: handed an Immigration colonel ~$250 in cash (no receipt), & left him my passport & photo. He personally delivered the passport & visa to my home next day.

• 5 months later...

Air Asia refuses to allow you to board their planes without a visa - I saw this happen in November to people travelling to Vietnam (regardless of the fact you can obtain visa on arrival, according to the VN website).

I am booked to fly BKK - PNH in a few weeks time so I enquired with Air Asia as to whether they would allow me to fly without a visa as I want to apply for a business visa upon arrival in PP but they would not give a definitive answer - only referred me to their standard blah blah terms and conditions - so helpful...

I then contacted the Cambodia Embassy in Bangkok who were very friendly and willing to help; they informed me I am not able to apply for the new 'Ordinary' visa upon arrival and I will need to submit my application in Bangkok. They are willing to return my passport within 3 hours and the price is $25.

Has anyone had any different experience with this?

To add a little warning to those not vigilant to the corrupt practices of Thais, when you visit the Thai embassy in PP DO NOT speak to the (Cambodian) security staff, nor anyone else outside but proceed directly inside and take a number. These cretins offer a 'special service' which can shorten the time from 4 days down to 2, but I spoke nicely with the woman dealing with my (Non-o) application and she shortened mine to 2 days anyway... Funny how Thailand exports its corruption - this was the only rip-off attempt I came across in my (very short) stay in PP...

It's amazing how much difference 24 hours can make in this part of the world:

I have just been informed by the same Cambodian embassy official that the cost of the business visa is not $25, instead it is 1,500 baht with supporting documentation, or 2,000 baht without. Processing time is 1 hour which is a plus.

Apparently this is the new price... God only knows how much it will be when I finally make it there next week.

I would still like to hear from anyone who managed to fly with AirAsia without a Cambo visa in their passport (and of course without an e-visa).

If you are flying to Phnom Penh airport,you do NOT need to get a Cambodian visa in advance.You can get one on arrival at the airport.(for most nationalities-you haven't stated your nationality though) The businees visa (now called ordinary visa) costs 25USD,on arrival you need to fill out the application form-simply put "business" in the space for "reason for visit" You need only 2 photographs , you do not need any documentation at all for your reason for wanting a business visa.The prices quoted by the Embassy official are a blatant rip-off.Secondly you mention "visa on arrival" for Vietnam-this is incorrect nomenclature-it's actually a pre-approved visa,whereby you apply online and pay online for a letter of approval,which you receive in an email.You then have to show this to the airline,or they won't let you fly ,and present it at a special desk in the airport, where,on payment of a further fee,you receive a stamp in your passport permitting entry.It's only valid for arrival at Saigon or Hanoi airports.

If you are flying to Phnom Penh airport,you do NOT need to get a Cambodian visa in advance.You can get one on arrival at the airport.(for most nationalities-you haven't stated your nationality though) The businees visa (now called ordinary visa) costs 25USD,on arrival you need to fill out the application form-simply put "business" in the space for "reason for visit" You need only 2 photographs , you do not need any documentation at all for your reason for wanting a business visa.The prices quoted by the Embassy official are a blatant rip-off.Secondly you mention "visa on arrival" for Vietnam-this is incorrect nomenclature-it's actually a pre-approved visa,whereby you apply online and pay online for a letter of approval,which you receive in an email.You then have to show this to the airline,or they won't let you fly ,and present it at a special desk in the airport, where,on payment of a further fee,you receive a stamp in your passport permitting entry.It's only valid for arrival at Saigon or Hanoi airports.

Thanks for the reply, I am a (white) South African passport holder so as far as I can tell it should be the same.

Note I add (white) as I have been witness to the grilling black Africans are getting at border crossings; returning from Malaysia last time they didn't know what to do with me and even asked why I am not black!

I was wrong about the voa for Vietnam...

Thanks again.

jap.gif

I found the following info on www_asia-adventures_com (it is hard to find an official site):

Please note: a visa on arrival is not permitted for holders of the following passports: Afghanistan; Algeria; Bangladesh; Iran; Iraq; Pakistan; Saudi Arabia; Sri Lanka; and Sudan. If you hold one of these passports you MUST obtain a Cambodian visa before arriving in the country. You are also required to hold a sponsor letter or invitation from a company / organisation / travel agent, and you are also advised to hold a valid return ticket.

It's amazing how much difference 24 hours can make in this part of the world:

I have just been informed by the same Cambodian embassy official that the cost of the business visa is not $25, instead it is 1,500 baht with supporting documentation, or 2,000 baht without. Processing time is 1 hour which is a plus.

Apparently this is the new price... God only knows how much it will be when I finally make it there next week.

I would still like to hear from anyone who managed to fly with AirAsia without a Cambo visa in their passport (and of course without an e-visa).

Latest 29 Feb i fly Airasia WITH e-visa Phnompenh, but same flight many go queuing for visa on arrival , so they surely must allowed them on the airasia flight whiteout cambo visa !!

• 4 weeks later...

How about a Thai who wishes to enter for more than 14 and less than 30 days?

The last time I went with my wife (Thai) to Cambodia (last December) she got a 30 Day Visa on Arrival. I doubt it if this has changed to a 14 Day Visa (Being Asean)

Maybe more informed Members could comment ?

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to get business visa on arrival if you enter NOT by airplane pls?

Archived