90 Day Reporting

In the latest Pattaya Today newspaper of 1 Oct one of the many visa companies

in Pattaya suggested that you need to do the report every 90 days

and that re-entering from a foreign country does not set the clock back

to zero as has been suggested many times on Thai Visa.

Does this company know something we dont ?

Naka.

Naka.

What page is that comment on, I just skimmed the paper and must have missed it.

In any case, don't think so.

FYI, just checked my passport.  I arrived back in Thailand 15 Dec 2006, which gave me a 90-day reporting date in March 2007.  However I went up to Laos a couple days prior

to that

so no report.  Back to Thailand 8 March 07, so had a new report date in June, but also went back up to Laos, so no report.  Back to Thail

nd on 7 June 07, 

which gave me a computed report date in early September, last month.  I mailed in my 90-day reporting form and received back the receipt with a new 90-day report date of 2 Dec 07.

So, no change at least at Suan Plu.

Mac

When you leave Thailand your 90 day reporting requirement is suspended.

When you return, the clock starts anew and you must report 90 days from the date of your return and each 90 days thereafter.

As far as I know this has always been true and it was true when I left and returned last March.

I arrived back in thailand yesterday 3 OCT i have the new 90 day reporting slip in my passport stating that i must report on 15 OCT The immigration official did not remove this stapled slip so now i have an entry stamp of 3 OCT and a form saying i must report on the 15 OCT Before i saw this topic this morning i was about to post asking this very question "which stamp has priority ?" I personally feel that there has been yet another change in the rules but of course i'm not sure as these things just seem to happen without warning and if the 90 day reporting stamp does have priority what about if you are not in the country when you are due to report ? Clarification please THAI VISA

Naka.

I asked this at Suan Plu a few days ago.

They said that the 90 days runs from the date of your last entry into Thailand.

Naka.

I asked this at Suan Plu a few days ago.

They said that the 90 days runs from the date of your last entry into Thailand.

The whole point is that if you stay in the country for 90 days, you basically have to tell them you are still here. By leaving the country, that information is no longer relevant.

To answer the original question, exiting Thailand *stops* the clock and resets it to zero; entering Thailand *starts* the clock.

My 90 day reporting calendar made my next report due around July 1. I left on a trip to Europe and returned on about June 14. I did not have to report in July or August. I walked in one day late, around Sept. 14, and if I'd been more than a couple of days late, I'd have been fined, quite a lot. Did not happen. Reentering the country resets the clock; your entry card notifies immigration of your address.

Local newspapers are not always right. Even some of the amateur opinions on ThaiVisa are sometimes wrong.

My 90 day reporting calendar made my next report due around July 1. I left on a trip to Europe and returned on about June 14. I did not have to report in July or August. I walked in one day late, around Sept. 14, and if I'd been more than a couple of days late, I'd have been fined, quite a lot. Did not happen. Reentering the country resets the clock; your entry card notifies immigration of your address.

Local newspapers are not always right. Even some of the amateur opinions on ThaiVisa are sometimes wrong.

MAY I SAY THIS, We will fight them on the beaches Blah! Blah! Blah. Western people with some degree of money want OUT of the high stress, high tax, high everything WEST. Western governments are bleeding badly because of this. So, through APEC (Asia Pacific Economic Comittee) those SEAsian countries who wish to cooperate in trade etc, agreements have been made on immigration control, passport tracking of individuals, and other matters of economic and cultural significance. A lot of this is very recent. If Thailand and other SEA countries want favourable trading deals then the Western governments, especially Australia in this region, they will push the agenda. The only countries in SEA that will turn the nose up at this is the regimes that don't want to play ball at the moment. Should I have to name them, NO! Time to move on to greener pastures where no doubt large expat communities will grow and grow and flourish like the OLD Thailand did. Remember, the wheel keeps turning, and in the next 50 years China will invest a lot of money in SEA. Get in while its good, strike while the iron is HOT! :o

This refers to Pattaya/Jomtien immigration office only......

On my last visit to do my 90 thingy, 26 July 2007, I came across many people who were also reporting but had been out of the country recently. Without exception all of them were reporting the 90 day period as if they had never been out of the country. That most of them said was what they had been told to do, by the information desk at immigration!!!

I on the other hand who had also been out of the country would have been awfully late according to the date of next reporting on the receipt of notification. I was however one day early counting 90 days from my re-entry into the country. Reporting was done without hassle or cost and in very little time.

I have many friends who never report. Even though they have year retirement extensions they choose to travel out of thailand every 2-3 months never reaching 90 days in the country. One who recently did report got his retirement visa many years ago but has never been in the country for more than 90 days until an accident forced him to be. I actually did it on his behalf due to him being incapacitated and unable to travel to Jomtien and do it himself. Again..no hassle..no cost.

I conclude therefore that the clock restarts when you arrive in the country. Anybody who says anything different is bull******* you including those at the immigration information desk.