Of Grand Jomtien Palace And Baht Buses

adamothirteen

Hey

Have a couple of questions for my upcoming trip to Bangkok/Pattaya. I'll be taking a bus from the airport to Pattaya and I've a few questions.

1) is there a certain kind of baht bus that travels to jomtien on a fixed route? or do i have to take interconnecting baht buses?

2) Anyone who can update me on the situation of Grand Jomtien Palace hotel? Been reading reviews but i guess the ebst is to get the most updated opinion from you forum-ers.

Many thanks in advance!!

Yes, there is regular service.

Going the Pattaya direction, just get on any bus (do not talk to the driver) and it will take you into Pattaya for 10 baht.

Going back, get on the bus at the bus queue at the intersection of Pattaya Tai and Pratumnak (same as 2nd Road) and it will take you to the hotel, also for 10 baht.

Sometimes that bus might stop short of your your hotel but it will always go at least as far at the Police Box area where Thappraya meets Jomtien Beach Road. In that case, pay the 10 baht and walk the rest of the way or pick up another bus.

post-37101-1191485907_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

2) Anyone who can update me on the situation of Grand Jomtien Palace hotel?

Main building + bungalows:

Guests from former Soviet empire (mostly) and western pensioner couples.

Chalet wing:

1-night (choice of Rayong, Pattaya, Hua Hin hotel) packaged Taiwanese, Koreans and Chinese who would not remember hotel name 1 hour after (early) departure.

Hotel is tired, some floors outright filthy. Room service food is not good for soi dogs.

Internet access in the rooms unheard of.

10 years ago it could have been a value for money (1200B). Now, in this state, it's probably worth 500B, if that.

Bungalows are still good - 64sqm, teak (but squeeky) floors.

The worst thing are some floors in the main building. I would not stay there again. Probably not even if they refurbished the whole main building.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...