Modeling Agencies / Photographers

bino

I'm designing an advertising campaign and looking for a modeling agency, photographer or any other sources where I can buy some face shots of Thai people.

I'm trying to find the perfect face- an upset / angry / pissed off Thai... the kind of face you make when your computer crashes and you lose all your work!

I've tried contacting a couple of modeling agencies- they seemed more interested in knowing my budget, and doing a whole new photo shoot. What I'm wanting is someone who already has an inventory of models / images so that I can look at a bunch of faces and find the right one.

Anyone have any ideas / know where I can find this?

I'm trying to find the perfect face- an upset / angry / pissed off Thai...

go to sukhumvit. find the nearest stall. haggle for approx 30 mins.

just when the seller thinks they've got a sale, say: ''I'll come back later''.

take a picture.

Edited by game4shame

I'm trying to find the perfect face- an upset / angry / pissed off Thai...

take a picture.

I have pictures of exactly that

Details here: http://www.photobangkok.com/

Largest collection of Thai Images on this planet!

Photobank has been running business from Bangkok for over 30 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Sales and Service: Call or e-mail us for help with any aspect of your purchase.

• Khun Pan (08-14588933) [email protected]

• Khun Tuck (08-47570466) [email protected]

Marketting & Submissions

• Khun Alberto Cassio (08-18497086) [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 6 pm (Eastern)

Saturday 9 am to 12 am (Eastern)

Tel: 02 3918185, 02 3918186, 02 3923464

fax: (66) 0-23914498

Closing Hours & Holidays:Call 019064710

Mailing Addresses [ » see map ]

58/18 Soi Promsri 2,

(Soi 49-19) Sukhumvit Road,

Klongton Nue, Wattana

Bangkok 10110. Thailand

take a picture.

That's hilarious! :o

But- perhaps too strong! The face in this situation would be beyond pissed off- more like homicidal!

Thanks to everyone for the laughs and the good advice. Keep them coming!

The reason the agencies want a new photoshoot is simple. My picture for example is with multiple agencies. They made it so they could use it to show to production companies. But they never paid me for the photoshoot. So if they would sell the picture, I wouldn't get any money for it. It would piss me off and I wouldn't work for the company anymore.

I am glad to see they are not giving away their pictures and bank the money.

Basically hire a couple of Thais (Thais are 200-300 baht a day for a shoot, farangs are 1000, I do not come for less than 4000, famous Thais laugh at you for less than 25.000).

I you are designing an advertising campaign you have a budget. We (me and other people involved in the entertainment business) need to eat to! All these Thais doing this kind of work also. Don't be a stinch and take the complete budget by yourself by taking free pictures of people. It is immoral, unethical.

Sorry if I sound a bit over the top, but I hate it when people use images in commercials without paying for it to the modells.

Waerth

Details here: http://www.photobangkok.com/

Largest collection of Thai Images on this planet!

Photobank has been running business from Bangkok for over 30 years.

Went to have a look. Great photos. But has to be one of the most confusing sites I've seen in ages - no details on how to purchase a photo, or a collection, or anything but discontinued CDs.

So I gave up.

Dave - nice tip on istockphoto - not expensive and easy to figure out. Going to have to cruise that site a bit more.

• 3 months later...

Since someone has resurrected this thread- I'll provide my conclusions.

http://www.photobangkok.com/ was good. The website is indeed confusing, but if you contact them and tell them what you want, they will search for you and email photos for your consideration. Prices were reasonable enough. They tried really hard but didn't have what I wanted for this project. I felt bad after they had done so much work for me that I bought some other images for another project.

Jonathan Taylor couldn't be bothered to even reply to my enquiry.

The best advice came from dave111223. http://www.istockphoto.com. Literally millions of photos online in a well organized site. Found several perfect images of angry asians- to the point where I was spoiled for choice. I've been back there to find images for every project that I have done since. And only a dollar per image! Unbeatable and highly recommended!

Edited by bino